mexican standoff between patrolling planes and commandos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• mexican standoff between patrolling planes and commandos

Just had an unfortunate outcome for my commandos because I wasn't sure of the game dynamics.
      Situation was commandos had taken province behind enemy lines where his airbase was. Enemy was patrolling above the airbase but couldn't see or attack the commandos for an hour. I was waiting for them to land and become trucks in order to attack but commandos were destroyed.
      I think what happened was that one of the two wings of planes landed then as a truck it could see the commandos and the other wing of planes bombed them? Does this make sense if I hadn't ordered the commandos to attack the truck formation?
    • Were these planes interceptors? because I think they have the special ability to reveal and attack stealth ground units. And at higher levels they can do semi decent damage to unarmored units, so the patrol tick damage may have killed the commandos.

However I am not that experienced with the game so I am probably wrong, tell me what you think!