Airplane Convoy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airplane Convoy

Does it make sense that an Airplane convoy is a light armor target? Anyone with military experience knows what a truly 'soft' target they present. This doesn't make sense?
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • Should this be a feature? 4
        Yes (3) 75%
        No (0) 0%
        Not Quite as Presented Here (0) 0%
        Don't Care/No Opinion (1) 25%

dw98 wrote:

Does it make sense that an Airplane convoy is a light armor target? Anyone with military experience knows what a truly 'soft' target they present. This doesn't make sense?
      True. It's basically just a few plane parts on a truck with a tarp covering it. If anything, it's unarmoured. Here's a poll to see what others think.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Not sure if I understand the poll?
      Should 'what' be a feature?
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I believe the rationale is because it would take large trucks to move the planes. I could see it go either way.
      Typically they do have large vehicles and very robust AA - but they are still soft targets. Having served in an Air Cav unit I've never seen (or aware of any doctrine) - where air units had armored units unless one was specifically attached to provide support.

• dw98 wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

I believe the rationale is because it would take large trucks to move the planes. I could see it go either way.
      Typically they do have large vehicles and very robust AA - but they are still soft targets. Having served in an Air Cav unit I've never seen (or aware of any doctrine) - where air units had armored units unless one was specifically attached to provide support.
      Yeah. I don't really see the need for armored units in an air division, especially now that most aircraft have a more than big enough range to go just about anywhere. Also, thank you for your service.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!