aircraft mode paratroopers must convert into land mode immediately

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• aircraft mode paratroopers must convert into land mode immediately

Do you agree with me? 10
        Yes (8) 80%
        Do not care (1) 10%
        No (1) 10%
      It does not make sense...
      The aircraft mode of paratrooper can spawn land unit immediately when attacking, but it needs several hours to convert into a land unit when it is not attacking.
      It's obvious that if a paratrooper can immediately turn into a land unit in a combat situation then it has to do the same in a non-combat situation.
      Historically, In a non-combat situation, everything is much easier than in a combat situation so that detail needs to be improved.
      "Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king." - Tywin Lannister
    • I think most people’s problems with paratroopers is that the mobilisation time is way too long, not that it should not take some time. For example my paras landed and took 9 hours to mobilise, at which time my main advance had caught up and so nearly negating the use that they have by dropping behind enemy lines. Even if this time was reduced to 2 hours I think it would be ten times better.
    • Mozzym wrote:

I think most people’s problems with paratroopers is that the mobilisation time is way too long, not that it should not take some time. For example my paras landed and took 9 hours to mobilise, at which time my main advance had caught up and so nearly negating the use that they have by dropping behind enemy lines. Even if this time was reduced to 2 hours I think it would be ten times better.
      Completely agree...
      "Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king." - Tywin Lannister
    • Historically, landed paratroopers had a mobilization time of about a day or two to get completely organized, which in game would be a negligible amount of time. I get that the time limit is for the purpose of balancing but as it stands currently paratroopers are pretty underpowered. I think a mobilization time of maybe 15-30 minutes would be understandable but any more cripples them significantly. Additionally, considering most paratroopers of the time deployed out of either towed gliders or cargo planes it definitely makes sense that you could only convert them to air mode at an airfield