NavalBomber as scout

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OysterT wrote:

I fly my Naval Bomber over a city with units in it. The sight circle of the bomber covers the city, but the units remain ? Is that right? Why? If I fly over a city I can't see what's in it? Thanks.
      There are multiple different ways that this could be caused. The first is that naval bombers are meant for ship and submarine warfare. I don't think they can scout land units. And, if that's not the case, the province that you may be scouting may have fortifications/bunkers, because of which the units are hidden from view.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Donk2.0 wrote:

I don't think they can scout land units.
      They can, the specializations of units are based on their attack parameters and specific skills (scouting etc.) but it doesn't interfere with the general skills of units, like revealing non-stealth units within range outside a bunker/fort.
      When planes patrol over a unit, they should save its position, so the icon will remain there, indicating you revealed such an army there. Such plane reveals have spy (hat and glasses) icons next to them to distinguish from others.
      If that's got nothing to do with the problem, could you elaborate more? I mean, if the bomber doesn't reveal units in the city, how do you know they're there in the first place?
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper
    • My map showed undescribed units in the province. It wasn't a city, no Bunkers. I flew my Naval Bomber over the province and the icon remained undescribed. Something there, but what? Later I discovered it was one unit of Militia in one province and one AT gun in the other, but my planes couldn't tell me what was there or how many.

I'm sorry I initially said city, when I should have said province. I see it caused a lot of confusion.
      OysterT
    • Then it was a hidden unit (both militia and AT are stealth), or the buildings of the town weren't revealed at all (forts lv3 hide units as well). The bomber wouldn't see hidden units at all, but there was likely a scout unit - AC or mot infantry - nearby (not close enough to reveal army composition, but close enough to spot the presence of an army).
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper