How do you expand the quickest?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you expand the quickest?

Hi, I am not a beginner to Call of War, I'd say I'm an intermediate with about 17~ games, but the thing is I always see countries expand to 3 countries in only 2 or 1 day. What is the fastest way to attack/expand into a country? Do you put all of your troops into one place and attack at once, overwhelming the enemy's smaller stacks (what I do currently) Or do you take advantage of the SBDE and get 2 10 stacks at the beginning? I am looking for advice from more experienced players because it seems ridiculous to me how some players can completely conquer 3~ countries in one or two days.

NOTE: Are they gold spamming troops? ?(
    • yeah i do, i conquer 1 AI and 3 player in day 3/4.

they are not spamming troops with gold, instead they will attack with a counter unit and attacking with superrior number.

for example if there's enemy's infantry they will send ton of armored car to takedown them if there's armored car they will send light tank, chose terrain that fit with their unit for more damage and bonuses, also most player is inactive or they have no online time to respond against invasion.

also player like that can be active the whole day doing daily activity with playing the game at same time.

doctrine also have influence against this.
      ꦮꦺꦱ꧀ꦲꦺꦴꦫꦲꦺꦴꦤꦺꦴꦱꦺꦁꦲꦶꦱꦺꦴꦢꦶꦭꦏꦺꦴꦤꦶ

Normal Day in Call of War

World at War Playthrough
    • Eat a lot of high fiber foods and drink lots of beer! I recommend a 'Mexican' or 'Tex-Mex' menu. Hope that helps. Follow me for more tips. :D
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • Mind learning some game mechanics to fight more effectively?

- If units are stacked together in one army (represented on the map by one icon), they are more effective. That's because they deal more damage, so their enemies die faster and do less damage. So basically, a larger army can destroy the same enemy with lower casualties. Hence, stacking units into armies increases effectivity in combat.

- It's important to distinguish attacking and defending: if army A moves into a stationary army B, A attacks and B defends, which then repeats every 30 minutes. If then the owner of B orders it to move anywhere, or attack A, B will attack A and A will defend, which will (again) repeat every 30 minutes. If both armies move into each other, both attack and defend at the same time.
      Once an army is ordered to attack another, it'll continue attacking until it or its target is destroyed.

Your starting units are all defensive, they're more effective defending. So, to conquer a country effectively, you should stack your units into large armies (but leave some units, like 4, at borders to prevent enemies from counterattacking).

Also, if you see an enemy army moving towards you, stop your army in front of it and wait. The enemy army will run into you and will be attacking while you're defending. As both yours and enemy units are defensive, not only do you deal more damage to them since you're defending, but they deal less bc they're attacking.
      Keep in mind that not all units are defensive, just infantry, militia, AC, AA, AT, tank destroyers...
      You can tell whether your army is better attacking or defending by looking at its total damage output (bottom right of the army bar on PC).

Also, if you capture a capital (has the flag next to its name and the player icon appears on it when you zoom out a lot), all your provinces gain +10% morale instantly. Newly captured provinces have a chance to revolt at daychange since they have 25% morale, but if you capture a capital, it gets them to 35% (so there's no chancce of revolt). So, if you capture all enemy provinces in between two daychanges, and the capital is the last one captured, you needn't leave any forces in provinces to suppress revolts and you can move on.

Tolol_aja wrote:

yep, overwhelming enemy with more troops, capture city first for economy boost. usually you will drain out of manpower so keep saving goods for build recruit station.
      That's relevant to day 3 and later if you're experienced. I'd say, newer players don't manage resources and build up economy as effectively, so the other resources running out holds them from producing a lot of units. Which means they don't produce enough to run out of manpower. It's a followup issue for more advanced players I think.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper