How do you expand the quickest?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 6thDragon wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Actually I think joining games with mates is kinda sleazy. It makes it too easy to win. I used to do that earlier, but I don't anymore; it feels like cheating a bit (yeah yeah I'm exaggerating but still).
      Like any other advantage in the game, I'd say it depends on how far you take it. Join with one partner, that's probably the same as spending gold in small amounts. Joining with four other apex predators...that's probably as fair as dropping a lot of gold. But then again, how many players want a fair fight?
      What do you mean that question? I think you could see that a two different way, what you are saying.

I'm just waiting to get lvl80 as fast as posible, that I can join a fair fight, PL without gold.
      So answering your question I want as fair as it can get. And at least I join it also much more.
      And offcourse waiting alliance match also without gold.
    • I think to a point most players just want a small advantage or at least a path of least resistance. If you join a game and find yourself with two active neighbors, one a level five on their second game who hadn’t built any buildings by the first day change and the other is level 75 with 17 games played winning over half, which will you plan to attack?

If you see two coalitions with an open slot, which will you be most likely to try to join? Probably the one you think has the better chance of winning.

There are always exceptions of course, everyone has different motivations and morale compass, there are few one-size-fits all rules.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I think to a point most players just want a small advantage or at least a path of least resistance. If you join a game and find yourself with two active neighbors, one a level five on their second game who hadn’t built any buildings by the first day change and the other is level 75 with 17 games played winning over half, which will you plan to attack?

If you see two coalitions with an open slot, which will you be most likely to try to join? Probably the one you think has the better chance of winning.

There are always exceptions of course, everyone has different motivations and morale compass, there are few one-size-fits all rules.
      Well, in those circumstances. I see only way is to prepare to war, with the guy who has won half of he's games.
      I would not consider newbie even threat. That sayed, I'm always in my toes, even with my posible own coalition members(or should I say especially).
    • Yeah, a lot of players would rush to take over the newbie first. I always let them and they usually take modest casualties in the process. While I would prepare for the more advanced player after they take over the new player. You can even plan to attack just before they finish them and hope to catch them off guard.

Even better, I usually try to start with a coastal country with a small AI nation with a coastal capital. If you make your first research cruisers and send them to take the AI’s capital, you can usually bombard them down with just two or three cruisers in the first day. Then just send an infantry with a arty or two and you can capture the capital before day change without casualties and use the morale bump from taking a capital to boost your morale along with your resource production going into the second day. It’s not dramatically quick expansion but it’s a good start. Plus you can position the rest of your troops to defend against an attack from an active player.

The new supply drops on day one are taking me some getting use to. They definitely make a difference and if you get resources (instead of blueprints) with the first one, you can put that to good use early.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

The new supply drops on day one are taking me some getting use to. They definitely make a difference and if you get resources (instead of blueprints) with the first one, you can put that to good use early.
      Actually there's a huge advantage for the veteran player there... we don't have to "worry" about getting blueprints (we already have them all), so all supply drops are automatically resources.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

Actually there's a huge advantage for the veteran player there... we don't have to "worry" about getting blueprints (we already have them all), so all supply drops are automatically resources.
      I never really thought about it, but that’s a good point.

Getting a blueprint for the first supply drop is the worst. I don’t mind them mid and late game when you have built up your resource production.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

What jubjub means is this:

Let's see we have an 1.0 player who had killed 1,500 units and lost 1,000; his k/d was 1.5.

In the new version, he is "better" (because he loses less troops when he's succesfull). Lets say he played a few games, killed 200 units and lost 100. His k/d is now (1500 + 200) / (1000 + 100) ~= 1.54.

A new player who did the same thing in 1.5 (kill 200 and lose 100) has a k/d of 2, obviously. So the vet will "carry the burden" of his 1.0 history for a long time.
      FINALLY, an explanation why my KDR is so flipping bad. I've played for around 3 years, but went on a 1(ish) year hiatus, just about the time CoW 1.5 was fully released. Thank you so much for shining so light onto this mystery.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Donk2.0 wrote:

Also, I forgot to put this in the 1st post, but make sure to balance expansion and economy. I always start with building a production building in each city, followed by industry. Then I normally continue leveling up the industry to the max, as well as adding a production building whenever needed. This will be critical in the late game.
      i remember awhile back when we played together and I gave you the same advise. :)