How do you expand the quickest?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you expand the quickest?

Hi, I am not a beginner to Call of War, I'd say I'm an intermediate with about 17~ games, but the thing is I always see countries expand to 3 countries in only 2 or 1 day. What is the fastest way to attack/expand into a country? Do you put all of your troops into one place and attack at once, overwhelming the enemy's smaller stacks (what I do currently) Or do you take advantage of the SBDE and get 2 10 stacks at the beginning? I am looking for advice from more experienced players because it seems ridiculous to me how some players can completely conquer 3~ countries in one or two days.

NOTE: Are they gold spamming troops?
    • May we know which map/mode you are referring too?
      I'm a big fan of early attacks and rushing enemy positions before they are adequately defended but this depends on the map/mode and if I'm in a safe corner position or sandwiched between other countries. Generally, when you are strategically located, start with advanced units or play speed rounds, you can easily conquer multiple neighbours quickly.

However, the early-day targets are generally inactive players who you can defeat with almost no casualties. Once in a game, I was able to win a map in 19 1/2 hours which is my quickest ever win. However, it was a 12x speed round event. Striking AI/inactive/sleeping players was key to such a quick victory. (This was the small Europe map in case you are wondering)
    • Well if you can't figure out how that is done, it only means you should not play a game that is way out of your league. I've always taken out China in 2 days as Japan and it's always easy. Most of my 21 solo victories are playing Japan, so learn something, and don't ask ridiculous questions like" How do you expand?" Ha ha ha ha! Oh what I could say, and would like to say, but the WOKE police would hunt me down and take me to free speech court and blah blah blah.

The post was edited 1 time, last by simon ().

• I usually first find out who the people around me are. If they have a k/d ratio that is good, and high enough rank to prove it wasn't just luck, then I either wipe them out early on to not have to deal with them, or I just leave them be, or I become their ally. This generally works. I normally attack the lvl 20 - 40 players, as they are bad at the game, but don't have a ton of OP starting units. There are a few good starter players out there, so watch out. And as always, gl!
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Also, I forgot to put this in the 1st post, but make sure to balance expansion and economy. I always start with building a production building in each city, followed by industry. Then I normally continue leveling up the industry to the max, as well as adding a production building whenever needed. This will be critical in the late game.
      Kind regards,
      Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• simon wrote:

Well if you can't figure out how that is done, it only means you should not play a game that is way out of your league. I've always taken out China in 2 days as Japan and it's always easy. Most of my 21 solo victories are playing Japan, so learn something, and don't ask ridiculous questions like" How do you expand?" Ha ha ha ha! Oh what I could say, and would like to say, but the WOKE police would hunt me down and take me to free speech court and blah blah blah.
      If I could give a thumbs-down this post would certainly get one. First, you apparently enjoy playing historical maps as a major power; to me, it's pretty lame to play major powers there if you're a good player, it is way too easy to win. But maybe, just maybe, winning a game as Tibet is way out of YOUR league? Second, when a player asks for advice on how to play the game and is willing to listen, there's no reason (AT ALL, EVER) to just talk him down. Third, I have never heard of WOKE police.

@OP, key is figuring out who are the inactives. Send messages to all your neighbors; when they don't respond and you don't see any activity either, that's a good indication. Then, you get some training how to deal with inactives with hardly any losses (artillery, at the very early stage; plus understanding how the AI will respond when you start shelling a stack i.e. send out a retaliation squad which you can easily guide into your own defensive infantry stack).

I used to allocate "all" my troops to this first invasion force. Of course there's always a chance that you may get invaded from the other side, and if you do, that may very well be a game-over if it is run by a decent player. However, most people are very scared of an aggressive player who starts attacking on they one, and in my experience they rarely dare to act and take on your undefended rear... like more than 90%.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • @RagingInferno Clash of Nations (Europe) and World at War games. In those games, I usually join late so I don't get the most commonly picked and popular like Germany etc. What I usually play is Maranhao in World at War but I have recently stopped because playing the same country over and over gets boring. I usually get all of my troops that are fit for attacking (Starting AC and Infantry) into one stack and use the slow AA to conquer areas where my main attacking stack doesn't have the time to take over. I rush for capital and major cities.
    • HEY GENERAL K. I like you. You stick up for the little guy. That is admirable. And when I chose Japan, the other 4 major powers were higher levels than me and winning was far from easy. I've played more minor countries like India, Mexico, and South Africa. and won solo victories with them all. More challenging. How did I win without buying any yellow metal? By older, wiser generals cutting me down, and saying I was useless, stupid, would never learn, etc, etc. Well I'd show them, I said to myself. They helped me in ways I did not see at the time. I am merely passing on that gift, general K. This beginner will be of special interest to me now, so let's you and I stay in contact to monitor that person's progress.

The post was edited 1 time, last by simon ().

• simon wrote:

HEY GENERAL K. I like you. You stick up for the little guy. That is admirable. And when I chose Japan, the other 4 major powers were higher levels than me and winning was far from easy. I've played more minor countries like India, Mexico, and South Africa. and won solo victories with them all. More challenging. How did I win without buying any yellow metal? By older, wiser generals cutting me down, and saying I was useless, stupid, would never learn, etc, etc. Well I'd show them, I said to myself. They helped me in ways I did not see at the time. I am merely passing on that gift, general K. This beginner will be of special interest to me now, so let's you and I stay in contact to monitor that person's progress.
      I'll do no such thing, it sounds pretty creepy to play Big Brother over someone like this.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • JoeMama the Great wrote:

Hi, I am not a beginner to Call of War, I'd say I'm an intermediate with about 17~ games, but the thing is I always see countries expand to 3 countries in only 2 or 1 day. What is the fastest way to attack/expand into a country? Do you put all of your troops into one place and attack at once, overwhelming the enemy's smaller stacks (what I do currently) Or do you take advantage of the SBDE and get 2 10 stacks at the beginning? I am looking for advice from more experienced players because it seems ridiculous to me how some players can completely conquer 3~ countries in one or two days.

NOTE: Are they gold spamming troops?
      I can't really speak for most other game modes but World at War 100, doesn't really matter where I start, it matters most what doctrine I start as. First day for all doctrines I usually start roughly the same, research infantry, armored car first and start a barracks, ordinance, tank, secret/airbase/naval somewhere, maybe 2 barracks or ordinance or tank sometimes while the fast research goes on. If Comintern, I get secret lab down a little later for rocket arty, if by the sea I get cruisers and a naval base down early, usually rush out the research for cruiser or arty just to get them started early. Focus on what your doctrine is good at, group up 3-5 units per stack and stay defensive and ahead of artillery units while patiently advancing, you don't need to really rush these, especially if you're advancing in 2-3 different frontlines at once.

Like K. Rokossovski mentioned, check through your neighbors to see who's actually active, maybe check their stats too if they look like they'd be a good ally, make friends, if they dont respond, prepare to invade them or leave that front less or undefended and focus elsewhere. I never make a full stack in the early, its just not needed, the units don't generally move much and when they are active, the artillery makes good work of them. Planes start scouting, armored cars and light tanks blitz territory that isnt defended, then remerge later with infantry to better spread attacking damage from AI units.

Strong use of artillery and delay movement can also help save time, buying a months worth of High Command is also quite nice, its cheap, supports the game and comes with some really useful features (way better than buying gold). Combine delaying your defensive unit ahead of the artillery to go in and capture a point by about 2-4 hours depending how much artillery you have backing them up, that way when the arty is done killing or killed most of the units hp, your units move in and finish off, capture and speed up their and the arty movement speed on the now friendly territory, paired with High Command arty using aggressive stance, your arty can be ordered to move right into the point, because it wont go until the hostiles are dead, stopping to fire until they are. (Can also use this manually, fire then move 30 minutes of distance, fire again and repeat, to save time but requires being much more active)

You can also use faster units like the armored car, light tank and motor infantry to blitz ahead of your other units to first scout (or use planes if you have them and can reach) if the point is undefended, capture it early and move on to the next point, stopping somewhere just within visual range of the point to avoid accidental combat if its defended, then repeat if undefended or wait for the slower units to catch up.

Sorry wall of text, hope this helps :D
    • I will never attack a higher rank and will always try to work with them if they are active. Often a low rank player will attack me right away and I will offer them peace. They almost never respond. So after a couple hours I will move all my troops through their land. I am playing a round now at south United States. Instantly northern United States declared war on me. So I moved almost all of my troops towards his borders in groups. I then asked him if he would be willing to make peace. He didn’t respond but instead attacked me. I am just about done with day one and already have all of his territories. Are use my original troops and I built Barricks, tank factory, and ordinance. Now that I have finished him, I want joy some time fortifying my borders and developing my resources. And of course researching.
      Player Name: MosheDyan68
      ID: 30148568

Have fun. Stay young. Follow Jesus.
    • simon wrote:

Well if you can't figure out how that is done, it only means you should not play a game that is way out of your league. I've always taken out China in 2 days as Japan and it's always easy. Most of my 21 solo victories are playing Japan, so learn something, and don't ask ridiculous questions like" How do you expand?" Ha ha ha ha! Oh what I could say, and would like to say, but the WOKE police would hunt me down and take me to free speech court and blah blah blah.
      that is very mean spirited. Some people are new and are learning the game. Not everyone comes in with complete knowledge of the game.
      Player Name: MosheDyan68
      ID: 30148568

Have fun. Stay young. Follow Jesus.
    • Pilgrim2 wrote:

I will never attack a higher rank and will always try to work with them if they are active. Often a low rank player will attack me right away and I will offer them peace. They almost never respond. So after a couple hours I will move all my troops through their land. I am playing a round now at south United States. Instantly northern United States declared war on me. So I moved almost all of my troops towards his borders in groups. I then asked him if he would be willing to make peace. He didn’t respond but instead attacked me. I am just about done with day one and already have all of his territories. Are use my original troops and I built Barricks, tank factory, and ordinance. Now that I have finished him, I want joy some time fortifying my borders and developing my resources. And of course researching.
      I have to vigorously disagree here. I don't respect rank at all. I look at win rate. I've rolled over too many higher ranking players and seen them commit fairly egregious errors. I find too many players are obsessed with rank. If that's what they're looking for, they tend to play many games at once, because the best way to gain experience, and therefore rank is to kill other units. Of course, your own losses don't count against you, so they get overextended or are not paying attention to their games.

I play one game at a time and probably do obsess a little. I don't care what my rank is, I'd rather win the game.
    • I usually have 2-5 games open. 5 is difficult to manage. I don't recommend it. 1, however, will leave you a bit bored. I agree that some people obsess about ranks too much, and therefore, just join as many games as they can to get as much XP as possible. I find that some easy ways to check for this is seeing how many games they have joined vs how many they have won. 1 game won for every 10 joined is rather active, more than that is less active. While you are doing that, it can't hurt to check their K/D ratio, which not only shows if they are active in their games but also shows skill. A high k/dr is above 2.0. An average is .75 - 1. If it's below .5, you have some really bad player or a game spammer on your hands. If the person is level 70, for example, with only 15 games joined, that's someone to worry about. That means that they have participated quite a lot in each game. I'm level 59 with about 25 games joined. I'm average but trying to improve.
      Kind regards,
      Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Donk2.0 wrote:

I usually have 2-5 games open. 5 is difficult to manage. I don't recommend it. 1, however, will leave you a bit bored. I agree that some people obsess about ranks too much, and therefore, just join as many games as they can to get as much XP as possible. I find that some easy ways to check for this is seeing how many games they have joined vs how many they have won. 1 game won for every 10 joined is rather active, more than that is less active. While you are doing that, it can't hurt to check their K/D ratio, which not only shows if they are active in their games but also shows skill. A high k/dr is above 2.0. An average is .75 - 1. If it's below .5, you have some really bad player or a game spammer on your hands. If the person is level 70, for example, with only 15 games joined, that's someone to worry about. That means that they have participated quite a lot in each game. I'm level 59 with about 25 games joined. I'm average but trying to improve.
      Right now, I'm about to hit level 70 on my 13th game. Current K/D rate of 7.4. I've seen a lot better than me.
    • A good method in my experience is to wait for one day to see which one of your HUMAN neighbours are attacking another of their neighbours (ideally another human), and attack THEM. In most of the cases their troops are not on the borders, so it is an easy walk to their capitole, and a large number of players will just abandon at this point (unlike AI which will try to come back against you), so you will not have to fight their troops.

50% of the time, it works every time.
    • Chimere wrote:

A good method in my experience is to wait for one day to see which one of your HUMAN neighbours are attacking another of their neighbours (ideally another human), and attack THEM. In most of the cases their troops are not on the borders, so it is an easy walk to their capitole, and a large number of players will just abandon at this point (unlike AI which will try to come back against you), so you will not have to fight their troops.

50% of the time, it works every time.
      Yes, I do this too. I also look for players taking high casualties against an AI.

I'll admit, I never expand rapidly. I usually wait for opponents to make mistakes.