The Best Units for Comintern Doctrine?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Best Units for Comintern Doctrine?

Best Units for Comintern 56

The result is only visible to the participants.

Hi Guys,

After the success of my previous thread The Best Units for Allies Doctrine?, I have decided to repeat the experiment with the Comintern Doctrine. The plan is I crowd sourced your ideas on the best units for the doctrine. I then try out the most popular suggestions to see how they work together. And obviously let you know what worked, what didn't and why.

So without further ado, What do you think are the best units for the Comintern Doctrine?

• there are 2 type of best unit :

the economical one ( resource friendly )

and the tactical one ( unit that gain huge buff in damage or health )

best economical unit in comintern is : INFANTRY ( and artilery but i won't mention it cus this post will be long)

why? they have buff (including doctrine ability) :

1. -45% upkeep
      2. -20% production time
      3. -15% production cost
      4. Day of availability -1/2

unlike pan asian's infantry that best in tactical section beacuse have a +30% forest bonus and 10% more health buff

best tactical unit in comintern is : HEAVY TANK

ok done.
      ꦮꦺꦱ꧀ꦲꦺꦴꦫꦲꦺꦴꦤꦺꦴꦱꦺꦁꦲꦶꦱꦺꦴꦢꦶꦭꦏꦺꦴꦤꦶ

Normal Day in Call of War

World at War Playthrough
    • Tolol_aja wrote:

there are 2 type of best unit :

the economical one ( resource friendly )

and the tactical one ( unit that gain huge buff in damage or health )

best economical unit in comintern is : INFANTRY ( and artilery but i won't mention it cus this post will be long)

why? they have buff (including doctrine ability) :

1. -45% upkeep
      2. -20% production time
      3. -15% production cost
      4. Day of availability -1/2

unlike pan asian's infantry that best in tactical section beacuse have a +30% forest bonus and 10% more health buff

best tactical unit in comintern is : HEAVY TANK

ok done.
      Thanks for the input Tolol! I agree infantry is good for Comintern.

You touched on the artillery. I'd love to hear your thoughts on that! What would you go for?

To use your terms, on one hand you have the economical unit which is (ordinary) artillery and you have the tactical one: SP Rocket Artillery that gets +10% damage. Which would you choose?
    • i prefer the regular artilery, some of economical unit can be spammed and will caught up with tactical unit capabilities in large amount of number.

in last patch, rocket artilery are nerfed (damage decreased) and starting resource (manpower and rare material) are decreased as well.

11 nov patch is hurt rocket artilery both in economical and tactical

this is why i didn't include rocket artilery, they are monster before 11 nov patch.

i didn't mean this but bytro surely hate comintern doctrine or rocket artilery spam like a pro player do in Alliance World Cup.

World at War Playthrough

The post was edited 3 times, last by Tolol_aja ().

• Tolol_aja wrote:

i prefer the regular artilery, some of economical unit can be spammed and will caught up with tactical unit capabilities in large amount of number.

in last patch, rocket artilery are nerfed (damage decreased) and starting resource (manpower and rare material) are decreased as well.

this is why i didn't include rocket artilery, they are monster before 11 nov patch.

i didn't mean this but bytro surely hate comintern doctrine or rocket artilery spam like a pro player do in Alliance World Cup.
      Gosh, you are up to date with the latest releases! I guess my intel is out of date ahah
      So in the new patch, regular arty is more interesting than SP RA not only economically and but also technically despite the buff on SPRA. Noted!

Would you not recommend attack bombers for Comintern ? They are available sooner. Or does that ot factor in for you?
    • nah men. there's lot of cons

first, ground attack plane will "dead" if enemy bring up AA with them

second, comintern's level 2 interceptor are available 2 day later, when your enemy has level 3 interceptor, you probably are just starting research the level 2

third, they are expensive, need 14 hours to research them and 4.5 hours to produce, need a lot of rare material as well while starting rare material are reduced from 15k to 10k in 11 nov patch which is bytro say to increase comintern winrate but nerf them badly, probably the med tank will be the only hope.

World at War Playthrough
    • @BlackStormz your poll is rigged: militia and cruisers aren't even in your list.

Best units for Cominern by the Wiki are:

- infantry branch: militia and infantry
      - ordnance branch: anti tank and artillery
      - tank branch: medium tank and heavy tank
      - secret branch: (SP) rocket artillery
      - naval branch: cruisers
      - air force: no bonuses, comintern air force is pretty trash.

BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

@BlackStormz your poll is rigged: militia and cruisers aren't even in your list.

Best units for Cominern by the Wiki are:

- infantry branch: militia and infantry
      - ordnance branch: anti tank and artillery
      - tank branch: medium tank and heavy tank
      - secret branch: (SP) rocket artillery
      - naval branch: cruisers
      - air force: no bonuses, comintern air force is pretty trash.

Thank you for your input BMfox. It's always a pleasure.

In my poll I deliberately did not include naval units for several reasons, but first and foremost due to being limited to 20 answer options in the poll (there was barely room for the land and air units!!). Militia was indeed an oversight.

Do you have any suggestions on strategies and/or stack combos that you find work uniquely well for Comintern (and not so well with other doctrines)?
    • Tolol_aja wrote:

i prefer the regular artilery, some of economical unit can be spammed and will caught up with tactical unit capabilities in large amount of number.

Not doing rocket artillery is a big mistake, consider that 5 rocket artillery is as strong as 10 normal artillery.