Release Notes - 2021-12-14

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2021-12-14

NOTE: Should you experience long loading times and/or slow games on mobile or desktop, please be aware that the team is currently working on fixing this issue and the game should be back to normal shortly.

General:
    • With the implementation of the new arrowhead pathfinder indicators at the end of each ground movement path in July 2021, the markers for the centre of patrol circles of planes were removed. These patrol markers are now re-implemented again.
    • To make the concept of High Command membership clearer to players, it has been renamed to Premium Account.
      • This is only a name change.
      • No functionality was changed or removed.
      • Players with active High Command membership are now players with a Premium Account for the duration of their remaining membership.
      • An account can be made a Premium Account for a certain amount of time in the Call of War Store, the same way High Command membership was obtained before.
    Bug Fixes:
    • A bug was fixed that could cause planes to fly around the map instead of taking the direct route on certain maps.
    • A bug was fixed that prevented the upgrade button to be displayed that allows players to upgrade level 3 Commando units to Elite level.
    • An issue was resolved that prevented players from selecting units with the lasso tool on desktop when they were located in certain areas on a map.
    • A bug was fixed in the beta client that prevented panels from closing when the player clicked on the background.
    • An issue was resolved that made the convert button visible for paratroopers, although no airfield was built previously. Activating the button at that point triggered an error message. The convert button is now only visible when the unit can be converted.
    • A bug was fixed that caused the reply button in messages from another player on the website to be greyed out. The reply button is now working as intended again.
    • An issue was resolved that prevented Harbors to be added to the building queue when the player had insufficient resources. Harbors are now added to the queue no matter the available resources and construction is started as soon as needed resources are available.
    • A bug was fixed that caused the toggle to filter messages in the inbox to only work on the first page of messages and prevented messages on following pages from being displayed all together. The filters now work for all messages in the inbox.
    • An issue was resolved that caused moving ranged units like Artillery to temporarily stop moving when getting fired upon by an enemy range unit. The ranged unit would also not return fire in this case, no matter the fire control setting. Ranged units do not stop moving when attacked by enemy ranged units anymore and will open fire at the enemy depending on the fire control setting.
    • A bug was fixed that prevented the timer in the convert unit popup from adjusting to different speed factors on certain maps. The timer now shows the correct time until the unit is converted depending on the speed factor applied on the map.
    • An issue was resolved that caused the refuel timer to be missing and the wrong text to be displayed when a plane was returning to an airfield for refuelling.
    • An issue was resolved that could cause popups to trigger the expansion of the navigation bar which would then overlap active menus.
    • A bug was fixed that prevented units and provinces from deselecting when the army or province bar was closed.
    • An issue was resolved that could cause an error message to be displayed when multiple armies were selected and split up.
    • A bug was fixed that caused a jump when the map was scrolled after multiple units were selected with the lasso tool.
    • An issue was solved that caused scout units to share view range with that of other units with a higher view range. This unintentionally extended the effect of the scout capabilities.
    Discord: Call of War
    Facebook: Call of War
    Twitter: Call of War
  • Arcorian wrote:

A bug was fixed that could cause planes to fly around the map instead of taking the direct route on certain maps.
    Wow, that was quite fast. A lot of people were complaining about that so it's nice to see it fixed. Also, with the name change, what do we call the premium account? It was HC before, now is it PA or P ACC or what? Overall, great update. I love to see how the game is getting closer and closer to perfection.
    Kind regards,
    Donk
    Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
    Україні!

• Donk2.0 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

A bug was fixed that could cause planes to fly around the map instead of taking the direct route on certain maps.
    Wow, that was quite fast. A lot of people were complaining about that so it's nice to see it fixed. Also, with the name change, what do we call the premium account? It was HC before, now is it PA or P ACC or what? Overall, great update. I love to see how the game is getting closer and closer to perfection.
    I say we just keep calling it HC
  • Z. Sakki wrote:

Donk2.0 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

I say we just keep calling it HC
    That will get confusing quite fast though. For new players, it won't make any sense.
    Kind regards,
    Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
    Україні!

• i think the update is ok, its just that this update was a bit flaw. when u try to upgrade a unit, it didn't highlight what resources u are low at, unlike in previous update u can know what resources ur low at and work on that one. but this one it didn't tell u that, which is kind of a let down and frustrating. hope u guys can fix it in the next update asap.
  • I think I've seen this issue before. It's mainly visual, with aircraft starting to move forwards and backward on the screen. I do not know how to replicate this, however, and I don't have any footage of it. One thing to note is that I've only seen this on 4x speed maps. The planes only change position visually, they actually move normally. This may have something to do with they way the model works.
    Kind regards,
    Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
    Україні!