Suggestion: Sniper unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion: Sniper unit

Do you think there should be a sniper unit in the game? 16

The result is only visible to the participants.

Let's make the infantry branch a bit more useful and add a sniper unit.
      It should be a ranged unit but It should have a smaller range than artillery (just like cruisers have a smaller range than battleships), it should be stealth in cities, mountains and forests and should have some strength bonuses in that terrains.
      It would be innovative as there are no stealth ranged units and no ranged infantry units in the game. Also, small range will make it more realistic as snipers did not have the same range as artillery.
      Snipers were really useful in WWll and it's a shame for such a great strategy game that it has no such unit.
      Let's vote if you agree with me...
      "Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king." - Tywin Lannister
    • Please don't forget that one infantry unit in the game represents a brigade of 970 men. Each section of 10 men has 1 sniper in it. Every platoon has 3 snipers so a company has about 12 snipers. By the following a brigade has about 90 snipers in it.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Yes they do, I served in the army so I've got my personal experience here. Every section of 10 men has one sniper. Of course besides that there are elite sniper units where only snipers are in it. Those are sent on missions where ever needed, usually it's a two man team.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

Yes they do, I served in the army so I've got my personal experience here. Every section of 10 men has one sniper. Of course besides that there are elite sniper units where only snipers are in it. Those are sent on missions where ever needed, usually it's a two man team.
      I can speak to my own experience as a US Marine as well. Marines generally assign one 10 man sniper platoon to every battalion. Snipers are similar to medics, machine gunners and mortar men in that they are typically attached to other units instead of forming their own. I certainly respect that every unit is different and some countries and services structure their units differently. For instance US Marines combine scouts and snipers into one role, but the US army separates these roles.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 6thDragon ().

• As most people here have already mentioned, snipers are already part of conventional infantry, and snipers, although ranged units, probably can't make a shot more than a mile away. Adding them as a ranged unit would just make them a strange copy of rocket artillery. The infantry branch could certainly use some improvement, but not quite in this way. New units need to have new functions, functions that aren't that complicated and don't take away the use of another unit.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!