New Trade/Relation Suggestion: Surrender

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Trade/Relation Suggestion: Surrender

Near the end of my last game, I found myself with virtually the only military units left to be nine infantry units with about 10% health remaining. It got me thinking how odd it is that AIs always fight to the last man and most players quit long before they’re fully conquered. In real life, once it’s obvious the cause is lost, most countries sue for peace or surrender. Why not make surrender an option in Call of War? There could be advantages for both sides. The loser wouldn’t have their remaining units killed and count against their KD rate, while the winner could be incentivized to accept the surrender by being granted some resources of the loser or perhaps an appropriate adjustment to the morale of the providences gained via surrender.

I know what you’re thinking…fight until the end. Easy for an armchair general to say. Anyone who has ever lead troops in battle wouldn’t throw away the lives of their troops on a hopeless cause…except perhaps the true narcissist. I’m all for giving the enemy as good as you’re getting, but when you have enough sense to recognize a truly lost cause, there are situations where it would be worth considering. I’m a former US Marine and have been on the receiving end of small arms fire. I would never have asked my Marines to take a risk I wasn’t willing to take. I think this concept is worth exploring in the game. I’ll admit, there could be game balance issues and don’t know if anyone has ever suggested this before. However, I think it’s an idea worth considering.
    • Why would someone leave their enemy alive, allow him to grow strong again? He probably would attack again as that player will still hold a grudge. Doesn't make any sense!

In the ancient empire if someone was accused of treason, his entire family and associates would be killed. So that there would no-one left alive with a grudge and a need of vengeance.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

Why would someone leave their enemy alive, allow him to grow strong again? He probably would attack again as that player will still hold a grudge. Doesn't make any sense!

In the ancient empire if someone was accused of treason, his entire family and associates would be killed. So that there would no-one left alive with a grudge and a need of vengeance.
      I should have been more clear.

What you're assuming the suggestion was already exists with the Peace option, which would end the war. Good point, it wouldn't really make sense.

By surrender, it would be instant game over for the player surrendering; all providences would go to the other player and all military units would be disband. Pretty much the same as going inactive immediately. Again, how often to entire countries fight to the last man? In WWII, Germany and Japan both surrendered, ending the war.
    • Uhm, maybe you don't realize how Hitler and the Nazi's fought on for a year or two after it was obvious to everyone he had lost? Berlin Reichskanzlei bunker, anyone? Germany only surrendered when he killed himself and would have lost in a matter of days anyway...

I don't really think the game need this... it already SOUNDS like the cheaters would find ways to abuse this... surrender to your buddy without a shot fired, remember?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

By surrender, it would be instant game over for the player surrendering; all providences would go to the other player and all military units would be disband. Pretty much the same as going inactive immediately. Again, how often to entire countries fight to the last man? In WWII, Germany and Japan both surrendered, ending the war.
      That would be a very nice Christmas present for multi-accounters. This would pose huge issues.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • don't know if this is necroposting but i thought i might add, maybe a treaty system instead, not giving up everything but with a treaty system you could set terms that could expire after awhile such as ability to produce troops is limited for awhile or you lose some land such as if they conquered half your country you could agree to have some land returned but not all.