We Must Have Italian Units!

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • We Must Have Italian Units!

      Would you like Italian units so it is more accurate and fair. 18
      1.  
        No (13) 72%
      2.  
        Yes (5) 28%
      Ok so I myself am pat Italiano. I am mighty proud of that and always choose Italia as my nation in Call of war. Yet we only have GERMAN UNITS! It in my opinion is an outrage. How could you do this? I would like to see an implement of Italian units please! I even got a great idea for one of the commando units name. It should be the Alpine Corps. I mean who would like to see this do so in the poll below.
      Captain Briano "Chip" Chiappetta
    • It doesn't make any sense to develop a doctrine for only one country. The Italians were German allies and they received German equipment from the Germans.
      BMfox

      Moderator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh


      Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!


      Dinosaurs died because they didn't evolve, luckily COW does. Let's embrace it instead of complaining about it.

      "It's only cold when you need petrol to get a tank out of the ice to depart": my bootcamp training sergeant.
    • BMfox wrote:

      It doesn't make any sense to develop a doctrine for only one country. The Italians were German allies and they received German equipment from the Germans.
      They do kind of have a point though. Italians developed a lot of their own tech throughout the war and even after into the modern-day. However, it doesn't really have a place in the game. A lot of other nations, most notably the UK and Sweeden both had massive almost completely unique units. The main reason that they weren't added is, from what I know, lag because of loading all the different unit graphics. That, in addition to actually creating the models. Good idea, but not quite. I know other people also wanted this, and I remember reading somewhere on here an entire list, including every exact vehicle for every exact level that could be in the Italian tech tree. Maybe that's worth searching for you.
      - Donk2.0
      CoW player, CoN player, S1914 player, and Bytro game addict.

      “Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.”

      Need support? --> Send a ticket here!

      Have a great day! :D
    • If we go along this route, the Allies should be split in US/UK first. Frankly it is quite ridiculous that in an "Allied" tree the Hurricane and Spitfire aren't included as fighters (and some obscure American fighters are), Valentine and Mathilda are omitted as tanks (M3 Lee as first allied medium tank?!? Come on...), King George V and Illustrious-classes in the navy... the list goes on. A quick scan says ALL the units in that tree are American.
      When the enemy is driven back, we have failed. When he is cut off, encircled and dispersed, we have succeeded. - Aleksandr Suvorov.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by K.Rokossovski ().

    • BMfox wrote:

      It doesn't make any sense to develop a doctrine for only one country. The Italians were German allies and they received German equipment from the Germans.
      The Italian Army mostly had Their own equipment. Plus might I add that Italy switched sides to the Allies. They also did not get a whole lot of equipment from Germany.
      Captain Briano "Chip" Chiappetta
    • Captain Chip wrote:

      Look what I am saying is is that it makes it feel more cool and more developed and involved. I know for a fact that Most Italian Tanks and Italian Army was really good!
      I hate to break it to you, but Italian tank design sucked reeeeaaaallly bad (almost worse than japan), and while their soldiers were skilled and dedicated, they lacked advanced equipment.
    • Well the countries of Libia, somalia, Albania, etiopia used Italian equipment.

      Now from a gameplay perspective I think more doctrines=more fun. I see the main problem is hiring artist and developt a interesting gameplay for a Italian doctrine, also it's not a priority getting new doctrines but I hope bytro add Italian, french, commonwealth and even a Chinese doctrine in the future
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • Captain Chip wrote:

      True but still. I would love to see Italian units. I mean come on don't it make sense?
      Like Danieliyoverde123 above you, I think it would be great if every individual country could have historically accurate and unique units. But it's just not practical. There would be too much strain on the servers and would cost too much, for what is purely an aesthetic change.
    • So as far as doctrines are quite balanced now adding a new one does not seem smart for me, but if we add an Italian research tree in an Axis doctrine then it's a good idea. But still, I think they have to develop a French research tree at first as french units were widely used in WWll and not only in France while I don't really remember if Italian units were used by different countries from Italy itself.
      "Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king." - Tywin Lannister
    • Ok stop right there buddy. The Italians were not "Nazis" They were Fascist not Nazis. Now that must convince you. Also they were allies Germany but Benito Mussolini was in Fascism before Hitler took power. They were technically their own doctrine before the war even started!
      Captain Briano "Chip" Chiappetta
    • Captain Chip wrote:

      I hate you. Italy had a great unit in their army. The Alpine Corps. Also they did hold on to areas and did loose a lot of men sure but in one case on guy was holding his ground and died. But took down a whole company.
      Just because one man preformed an incredibly heroic act doesn't mean the entire Italian army was amazing. Frankly, their performance during WWII was subpar. They lacked resources and equipment and as such were confined to building shitty tanks that were a decade or two behind everyone else, could barely equip their soldiers, and could barely operate their navy. They had the home front advantage which allowed them to stay in the war for a while. They performed much better when they changed sides since they received most of their equipment from the allies.
    • Tell that to the 306,400 soldiers who died this way. Also there were good tanks! The P40 It is an Italian Tank of witch earned the the title of the ITALIAN T-34. It was very much liked by the Germans. Also there was the Italian Panther which was built and invented in Italy. They were good but didn't fully get recognized for its power because the war ended for them. A big part of their motivation to join was to expand with the same mentality of the Roman Empire in Northern Africa and the Mediterranean. They were over all successful!
      Captain Briano "Chip" Chiappetta
    • Captain Chip wrote:

      Tell that to the 306,400 soldiers who died this way. Also there were good tanks! The P40 It is an Italian Tank of witch earned the the title of the ITALIAN T-34. It was very much liked by the Germans. Also there was the Italian Panther which was built and invented in Italy. They were good but didn't fully get recognized for its power because the war ended for them. A big part of their motivation to join was to expand with the same mentality of the Roman Empire in Northern Africa and the Mediterranean. They were over all successful!
      Any loss of life is truly a tragedy, but this says absolutely nothing about the effectiveness of the military. The P40 never saw combat with the Italians and only a handful saw combat under the Germans. I see no mention of the Panther tanks you talk about anywhere, but if you can find a source on them I'd be most interested in looking into them.

      And to the point that they were overall successful, that's definitely not true. They were returned to their original boundaries minus some colonial holdings.
    • newbgamer101 wrote:

      Captain Chip wrote:

      Tell that to the 306,400 soldiers who died this way. Also there were good tanks! The P40 It is an Italian Tank of witch earned the the title of the ITALIAN T-34. It was very much liked by the Germans. Also there was the Italian Panther which was built and invented in Italy. They were good but didn't fully get recognized for its power because the war ended for them. A big part of their motivation to join was to expand with the same mentality of the Roman Empire in Northern Africa and the Mediterranean. They were over all successful!
      Any loss of life is truly a tragedy, but this says absolutely nothing about the effectiveness of the military. The P40 never saw combat with the Italians and only a handful saw combat under the Germans. I see no mention of the Panther tanks you talk about anywhere, but if you can find a source on them I'd be most interested in looking into them.
      And to the point that they were overall successful, that's definitely not true. They were returned to their original boundaries minus some colonial holdings.
      tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/italy/italian-panther
      this is the link. I swear that they would win the war.
      Captain Briano "Chip" Chiappetta
    • I'm very sorry, but...



      We're talking about a license so build Panther tanks in Italian factories (in favor of the failed P.40 project). After much delays, 50 Panthers would have been produced monthly by 1945.



      By comparison, Germany introduced the Panther into service in the summer of 1943; about 250 participated in the battle of Kursk. Starting production in 1945 would mean they would have been two years behind in tech, which is light years in terms of tank development in WW2. For example, the battle of Berlin was fought with T34/85 and IS-III tanks, which were far superior to Panthers; while the Americans were introducing the Pershing, a medium tank which could even outgun a Tiger (let alone a Panther). So Italian Panthers would surely have come too little and too late, and certainly not "war-winning" material.



      Besides, I believe your point was about Italian equipment... this plan was for a licensed production of German equipment... if that isn't an "Axis" doctrine! You should actually be happy; the second icon for Axis medium tanks IS a Panther...
      When the enemy is driven back, we have failed. When he is cut off, encircled and dispersed, we have succeeded. - Aleksandr Suvorov.