British Egypt HWW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• British Egypt HWW

Decided to join my first HWW match in 1.5 as the underdog, rather than as one of the big nations. Figured it would be a bit more interesting to play as a smaller nation than a nation that already has everything given to them. I’ll try to update this in intervals of 2-3 in-game days or so.

Hopefully I don’t get murdered instantly lol
    • Hyperstorm wrote:

Decided to join my first HWW match in 1.5 as the underdog, rather than as one of the big nations. Figured it would be a bit more interesting to play as a smaller nation than a nation that already has everything given to them. I’ll try to update this in intervals of 2-3 in-game days or so.

Hopefully I don’t get murdered instantly lol
      Gl!
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Day 1-2 (Note that these days occurred before I created this thread)

Day 1- A mediocre start

Didn’t expect much at the start and I didn’t receive much. Egypt starts with a paltry 6 militia, a few infantry, 2 armored cars, and a tank + a single destroyer. Compared to most other countries, I don’t have many core cities either (5), although they all start with lvl 1 industry, and came with a few ordnance factories already in place.

However, there were a few benefits to my position. There were no major countries next to me other than colonies, and the nearest player country (Turkey) sat across the Mediterranean Sea, so I had some good distance between me and any other potential enemies. Nearby Saudi Arabia and Yemen looked like ideal targets for short term expansion.

During the day I kept a eye on who was allying with who, and pretty quickly a Allied and a Axis coalition formed (consisting of the countries you might anticipate.) For how boring and unoriginal that is, I considered it a benefit, as they would be distracted by each other and not have time to go after me. To the east a coalition between the Australians, Japanese, and Indians arose, and closest to me a duo of Persia and Xingjiang, whom I’d have to watch going forward.

Since most of the basic units were already researched, I spent most of my starting goods on acquiring lvl 2 industry/production factories in my cities and lvl 1 locals in my single producers. Decided to go ahead and research tac bombers and subs, tacs considering the Allies doctrine bonus and they would be of great help in wiping nearby AI nations and subs for guarding my coasts. What was left for the time being was used for some artillery production.

Day 2- Preparing for the Saudi Invasion!

Most of my time on Day 2 was toward the production of tac bombers to patrol the skies, as well as motorized infantry to make a quick strike ahead of my slower troops. While I usually wouldn’t go for motorized infantry, I decided to use it for this conflict as they have high offense damage and can scout out the large amounts of militia that most countries start off with. (I was able to research lvl 2 mot. inf as Egypt already starts with lvl 1 available.)

I also sent another small platoon of artillery and infantry to Yemen to see if it would be worthwhile, but my prospects of the nice 10% morale boost were quickly shattered when I found a nice 8 stack of troops in the capital with even more units in the mountains surrounding the city. (Why does a 4 province country start with so many units anyway?) Despite this I did not lose hope as these units would be able to still serve me in the invasion, and I moved them near Mecca for disembarking at a later date.

Finally, I produced a few subs to guard the Mediterranean to warn me if Turkey has plans for my demise. You can never be too careful in a game like this. 8)
    • Day 3-4: Final Preparations for War

The final few days before war were relatively uneventful. Most of my focus was directed at my industry and research. A few spare resources went to the production of a final few Motorized Infantry units, as well as upgrades before Day 5.

Notable Advancements in Warfare Technology:

• Mot. Infantry Lvl 3 - 11 damage of offensive attack power in the early game is pretty scary if you ask me.
      • Infantry Lvl 3 - Good for pushing behind the main line and establishing defensive positions.
      • Tac Bomber Lvl 2 - Always need a few of these
      • Strategic Bomber - If the enemy can’t use a city, that’s one less unit that can fight me on the field of battle :thumbup:
      • Rocket Artillery - I will need SP Rocket soon so I might as well get this out of the way lol
      • Naval Bomber - The powers to the west all have fierce navies, and I’ll need some defense.
      • SP Artillery and Anti-Air - SP artillery gets a hefty doctrine bonus so it is especially needed.

Many new jobs were being created in the booming British Egyptian economy, and infrastructure was becoming more advanced than ever, including:

• Lvl 2 Local Industry in the first set of single resource producing provinces of El Alamein, Faiyum, Farafra, El Qasr, and Arish (All 5 would become level 3 by Day 5)
      • Lvl 2 Industry in double metal province Cairo
      In other news:

• British Egypt scores 13th in largest armies, sitting just above Italy and below Romania and Spain, and well above local competitor Persia, who sits at 20th.
      • 13 countries lost to inactivity (Argentina, Venezuela, Mexico, Canada, Netherlands, France, Yugoslavia, Turkey, Australia, Manchukuo, Tibet, Mongolia, and British India.)
      Day 5: The Fastest Force in the Far Flung East!

Consider me now a fan of motorized infantry…

To call the invasion quick wouldn’t do it justice. My troops raced across the desert, conquering the land in almost less than a whole day. The only resistance met outside of the capital, a ragtag gang of militia, were quickly dispatched with and destroyed. The only thing that remained was a small stack of armored cars and infantry, which were speedily softened up by the three bombers squadrons and then dealt with. My separate force of artillery mentioned in day 2 disembarked and quickly took control of the coastal city of Mecca and the surrounding mountains.

Just before day change, I decided to take the capital, which rendered all my provinces of conquest immune to rebellion. I now had control of most of the Arabian Peninsula, and its large stash of resources.

Notable Technological Advancements and Industrial Upgrades on Day 5:

• Strategic Bomber Lvl 2 - Can now take out Level 1 Airstrips with one shot
      • Tank Destroyers - Most of the opposition around me is Axis, so I will need these to defend against any swarms of tanks
      • SP Rocket Artillery - Speed and attack power against infantry and ordnance units
      • Construction of 2 Lvl 2 Secret Bases in Alexandria/Mecca and beginning Lvl 3 Industry in double goods core city Luxor
      Around the world:

• USSR, Persia, South Africa, USA, Italy, and Romania fall to inactivity (Although Canada and Persia return the next day)
      • British Egypt is so penniless that it does not even place on the wealthiest countries list (I spend too much lol)
    • Well, it’s been a bit since the last post…and a lot has gone down since. Unfortunately I was unable to find time to post a update, so I’ll give a recap as much as my memory allows lol

Day 6-7 - Persian/Egyptian Border Conflict

As I was invading the last of Saudi Arabia, a new possible threat was discovered. Persia was beginning to mass his troops on the border, preparing for a possible counter-invasion of Arabia. A quick scouting of his units with my interceptors revealed 3 mechanized infantry units, which I was especially concerned about considering their strength and the Axis bonus. To counter this, I began the production of more AT and artillery units. But before they could get into range…

Day 8-9 - Surprise Attack!

Unfortunately I was not able to get the AT in range to stop the mechanized infantry from running amok. It took many hours of micromanaging to finally kill them with my artillery and bomber stacks. However, I was also pushing my motorized infantry through his lines along the coast simultaneously, and soon his line collapsed and I took Al Kuwait and Basra. Other divisions of mine began landing on his undefended coastline and taking his undefended cities. My strategic bombers also received some use in preventing production before the main line arrived. At any rate, the country was mine by day 10, with only a few provinces left to conquer and no units left.

Day 10-12 - Plans to take Xinjiang

As Persia fell, I began to look in all directions to figure out my next plan. The only active player left near me was Xinjiang, all the other countries had become inactive. While typically I would ally with somebody in this situation, Xinjiang didn’t appear to be a very strong player, and I didn’t want to give him the chance to backstab me if I got caught in a situation elsewhere, so I began making defenses.

Looking at the newspaper, I noticed that Xinjiang had invested heavily in railguns and MTs, so I mainly trained some tank destroyers and attack bombers.

Notable Newspaper Notes:

Day 6-7:
      #12 economy and #8 most advanced. Yugoslavia and Japan go inactive.

Day 8-9:

#8 mightiest army. Sweden, Brazil, Spain, German Empire, and the UK are gone.

Day 10-12:

#10 economy (105K resources/day!), 5th most advanced, and 6th largest army. Peru, Nationalist China, and Poland go AI, leaving only me, Xinjiang, and Canada left. I am increasingly more concerned that I may be the only human player left on the map soon.

Research and Industries:

• Most naval units to Level 2, Aircraft Carrier Level 1
      • Commandos to Level 2
      • Tank Destroyers to Level 2
      • Paratroopers Level 1
      • Tac Bombers to Level 4, Attack Bombers to Level 3, and Interceptors to Level 3
      • SP Rocket and SP Normal Artillery to Level 2, and SP AA to Level 2
      • Normal Artillery Level 2
      • Flying Bombs/Rocket Lvl 1
      • Began research of Nuclear technology

Also, on a different note, would anyone like to share their strats for embedding images? I couldn’t figure out how to get them small enough and I think it would illustrate this playthrough a lot better than my crappy narration lol

Day 13-15 should be out Tuesday or Wednesday :thumbup: