The Top 5 Worst Nations in 1939 Historic World War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Top 5 Worst Nations in 1939 Historic World War

DISCLAIMER: This post is an opinion, feel free to reply and voice yours!

The Top 5 Worst Nations in 1939 Historic World War (In Order)

1. Manchuacko: Too few troops and surrounded by Japan which can take over in less than a day
      2. British Eygpt: Surrounded by Italy and UK which both have enough troops in Africa to wipe out Egypt in a Day
      3. Netherlands: This is a bit of a debate. The Dutch territories are good but the Dutch land in Europe is almost always going to be taken over by Germany on Day 1 unless an alliance is forged with Germany.
      4. Poland: Starts with weak troops and gets taken over by Germany on the first day if they do not ally with Germany or the Soviet Union
      5. Xinjiang: Way too weak. Gets taken over by Soviets or Chinese in the first several days.
      Grabdab
      First Sergeant (Level 89)

"Wake up and its CoW time!"
      - Grabdab (2020)
      :tumbleweed:
    • Xinjiang isn't that bad. I often see it survive and most often as well USSR as the Chinas have other stuff to focus on.

Poland has one thing going for it: The players picking Germany are usually clueless noobs.

I would add Persia to your list. They start with little else than militia and have high tech'ed British India as a neighbour. There are not even any mountains on that front. Iraq is right there for the taking, but Persia has no army to do it with :D F'ed up country that I have only managed to stay in competition with for about 13 days.
    • I would actually argue that Venezuela belongs on the list due to exposure to both France and UK colonies, as wells as Brazil right next door as the South American "Super Power". I agree with most of your analysis though. Xinjiang is arguable, but definitely in a tight spot if good negotiating doesn't occur very quickly.
      The elephant is the only land mammal that cannot jump.
    • Grabdab wrote:

4. Poland: Starts with weak troops and gets taken over by Germany on the first day if they do not ally with Germany or the Soviet Union
      When I was poland:

Yes, those are all tricky countries to play, but very fun at the same time and a great challenge! :D
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 8.15.08 PM.png

635.9 kB, 544×612, viewed 529 times