Release Notes - 2022-01-11

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2022-01-11

Today marks the first release of 2022 and this one is all about the Beta Client. The team spent quite some time on working and reworking a long list of features and issues we and you spotted while testing it on desktop to improve its usability.

Beta Client changes include:
    • Army Bar
    • Province Bar
    • Resource & Top Bar
    • Moral Info
    • Build Menu
    • Production and Construction Queues
    • Research
    • Diplomacy List
    • Province List
    • Espionage
    • Stock Market
    • Country Chooser
    • Icons, Avatars, Timers and Pins
    • Map Tooltips
    • World Herald
    • Player Profiles
    • Popups
    • Settings & Toggles
    • Website Interface
    • Statistics
    To discover all the changes, check out the beta client on desktop. You find a button to switch to the beta client in the account settings. Once switched, closing the tab and reopening it will open the last chosen setting. To switch back to the old client, re-visit the account settings in the new beta client.

We will add even more improvements for the Beta Client in our next update.

Bug Fixes:
    • The tooltips for Convert, Deploy, Upgrade and Forced March are no longer broken on desktop.
    • A bug was fixed that could cause the UI to freeze until the game is loaded, when switching games on mobile and the Beta Client.
    • An issue was resolved that could prevent some stealth units' abilities to be limited to certain terrains.
    • A bug was fixed that prevented players from scrolling the map on mobile if the advice panel was open.
    • An issue was resolved that caused the Adviser Panel to close when there was a game state update.
    • An issue was resolved that prevented the finished Adviser task from being removed from the list after reward collection.
    • A bug was fixed that caused the morale damage to ignore the ten-unit stack penalty
    • An issue was resolved that prevented patrol damage from being applied to stealth units.
    • A bug was fixed that prevented the accumulated morale damage from being displayed correctly when multiple units of the same unit type were combined in one army.
    • An issue was resolved that could cause the image of the war declaration popup to overlap the text displayed in the popup.
    • A bug with the Beta Client was fixed, that could cause some units missing their icons when added to the build queue.
    • An issue was resolved that caused resource icons to be missing in the province bar of urban provinces.
    Discord: Call of War
    Facebook: Call of War
    Twitter: Call of War
  • Finally all the patrol and stealth unit bugs have been fixed.
    I'm excited about all of this so I made a video about it :thumbsup:
    I have also opened the Beta game client for the first time.
    Let's see what I have to say about all of that:

:thumbup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIPliFXGijU&t=146s :thumbup:

BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • To be honest, I didn't like the the beta client account because it's too much. For examples, when I see the stock market, I see the resources in the four side in all together like it is crammed inside in one. and I also didn't like the all of the section that are put in all in the left side but I like the army list which let me select the individual army health's and where it is moving. i did like the graphic but it just make me uncomfortable to play the beta account because it's like dark and too high quality and not simple and clean like legacy account.
  • Tentaken wrote:

To be honest, I didn't like the the beta client account because it's too much. For examples, when I see the stock market, I see the resources in the four side in all together like it is crammed inside in one. and I also didn't like the all of the section that are put in all in the left side but I like the army list which let me select the individual army health's and where it is moving. i did like the graphic but it just make me uncomfortable to play the beta account because it's like dark and too high quality and not simple and clean like legacy account.
    "too high quality" is a kinda a nice complaint :D Thanks for the feedback!

I am sure some of the complexity is basically due to "getting used to it". Re-learning where certain elements are is always painful, but once you re-learned it, it will feel natural. This happened in the past often with other interface or graphics changes. So hopefully you keep an open mind and won't get discouraged. Thanks for trying and testing!
  • Erm, this is probably the stupidest question of the year... but... where do I find "Account settings" to try this out??
    When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
    - BIG DADDY.
  • Never mind, found it.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see this as a big move ahead. It may be true that we'll get used to it after a bit, but I wonder, why ask players to do that? Everything is still there, it is just in a slightly different place with a slightly different look. Apart from the army list (which is nice of course, a very old and very common feature requested), navigation has hardly changed (though I didn't find the "go to owner of this province in diplomacy list" which I use quite a lot, it is probably still possible somehow but I didn't find it).

So if everything is more or less the same, why bother asking players to get used to all their buttons and favorite key intel suddenly being in the "wrong" place?
    When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
    - BIG DADDY.
  • for PC version:

- The overall-speed is better I guess
    - No more problems with resolution in regard of the province list.
    - good overview on how-to-win

- 'I want you' is not going away (right bottom corner)

to be continued
    Files
    • IwantU.PNG

(9.66 kB, downloaded 95 times, last: )
    Hier könnt Ihr ein Support-Ticket erstellen. :00000450:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hurbala ().

• Some problems with the new client:

- When troops are in combat and have move orders for when they won it, the "add target" button is (sometimes?) not available;
    - The buildings in a province are not displayed in the province view of espionage mode (vital for picking empty provinces to get reveal-all's);
    - When clicking a province, the activity status (active/inactive player) is not immediatly visible (must go to diplomacy screen which is a bit of a hassle);
    - In the province list when you have a lot of different buildings, not all are visible (notably the recruitment centers "fall off" when you're in "all provinces" mode);
    - Province list barely shows 5 provinces at once, so a lot of scrolling is needed for big empires. Window could be higher (and wider as well, see previous bullet).
    - BIG DADDY.
  • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Never mind, found it.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see this as a big move ahead. It may be true that we'll get used to it after a bit, but I wonder, why ask players to do that? Everything is still there, it is just in a slightly different place with a slightly different look. Apart from the army list (which is nice of course, a very old and very common feature requested), navigation has hardly changed (though I didn't find the "go to owner of this province in diplomacy list" which I use quite a lot, it is probably still possible somehow but I didn't find it).

So if everything is more or less the same, why bother asking players to get used to all their buttons and favorite key intel suddenly being in the "wrong" place?
    Thanks for the feedback. 2 main reasons:

1) Reducing technical complexity and making porting features easier. The new client is already live in our other games Supremacy 1914 and Iron order 1919, while Call of War still uses this old one. This makes porting interface improvements and features over to other games or from other games to Call of War more time consuming and bug-prone. We hope to be able to speed up future development by unifying the frontend (where possible of course, there are still some slight interface differences between the games).

2) It looks more polished, helping in retaining new players which is important to do successful marketing. The old interface looks a bit outdated from the lense of today's market standards.

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Some problems with the new client:

- When troops are in combat and have move orders for when they won it, the "add target" button is (sometimes?) not available;
    - The buildings in a province are not displayed in the province view of espionage mode (vital for picking empty provinces to get reveal-all's);
    - When clicking a province, the activity status (active/inactive player) is not immediatly visible (must go to diplomacy screen which is a bit of a hassle);
    - In the province list when you have a lot of different buildings, not all are visible (notably the recruitment centers "fall off" when you're in "all provinces" mode);
    - Province list barely shows 5 provinces at once, so a lot of scrolling is needed for big empires. Window could be higher (and wider as well, see previous bullet).
    Thanks for reporting.
    1) added to our feedback document for fixing.
    2) is already fixed, will be released soon.
    3) Player activity status is shown already when clicking on a province, on the left side in the header of the province bar.
    4) Province list window can be resized and re-arranged freely (like a folder window on your desktop), it even remembers where you placed it. Just make it bigger to see all the buildings.
    5) same as above, list can be resized.

There are probably many rather hidden things that people don't realized are now possible in the beta client. For example, to name one, you can join games from the games list as observer to check their status before joining them for real. Maybe when there is time I can compile a list of new features.