Healing too little?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Honestly don't understand much here cause you're not stating which numbers are which, and it seems you're using commas instead of dots as decimal points?

I guess 35 is the max hp and 1,9 is the amount healed, right?
      Is 3,8 is the dmg taken? Because that's what I'm getting from this -> (35-3,8)*,15=4,7 HP. But the previous line -> It healed from 3,8 to 5,7=1,9 HP, doesn't really confirm that because dmg taken doesn't heal.
      And what's 5,7?
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I have this paratrooper badly damage so I left it idle in friendly territory. It healed from 3,8 to 5,7=1,9 HP out of 35. It should heal (35-3,8)*,15=4,7 HP right? Why does it not?
      Does morale in the province affect healing?

I was calculating and i believed you should get 8.18 hp i assume someone bombed interim while you were gone?
      Also friendly territory ie Allied?
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Donk2.0 wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Commas is not a mistake. That's a common decimal separator outside US/UK.
      You need to know the rule for healing first in order to understand my question.
      Wow, I actually never knew that. That's pretty cool.
      Yeah, somehow Americans think their way is the only way... in a lot of the world:

1,234.56 is written as 1.234,56
      31st of december is written as 31-12-2022
      7am is written as 07:00, and 7 pm is written as 19:00

And I guess you know about the existance of kilograms, liters, and meters?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Donk2.0 wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Yeah, somehow Americans think their way is the only way... in a lot of the world:
      1,234.56 is written as 1.234,56

All of these, except the decimal part, I know. Both my parents are European, and I've been to Europe several times. Americans do tend to be stupid though lol.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Donk2.0 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Donk2.0 wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Yeah, somehow Americans think their way is the only way... in a lot of the world:1,234.56 is written as 1.234,56

All of these, except the decimal part, I know. Both my parents are European, and I've been to Europe several times. Americans do tend to be stupid though lol.
      Didn't you use google translate to talk before? (Your early posts are written with a bracket that they're written with google translate.)

So how do you survive in America without knowing English?
      The Saviour
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I have this paratrooper badly damage so I left it idle in friendly territory. It healed from 3,8 to 5,7=1,9 HP out of 35. It should heal (35-3,8)*,15=4,7 HP right? Why does it not?
      Firstly, units aren't damaged and they don't heal. One unit represents a brigade, one infantry actually is a brigade of 970 men. So if it has only 50% HP than it is because your brigade has suffered 480 casualties. In war statistically 50% of the casualties are dead and the other 50% are severely injured and sent home. Only a minority of the lightly wounded that rejoin their units and reinforces joining the unit are represented in the "healing mechanic at day change.

You can't heal the dead nor the severely wounded. You want your unit to heal faster you produce a unit and you merge it with the damaged one. That's how they did it in WW2, they trained a new unit and sent it to replenish the ranks. During WW2 all units were understrength as casualties are the way of war.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Firstly, units aren't damaged and they don't heal. One unit represents a brigade, one infantry actually is a brigade of 970 men. So if it has only 50% HP than it is because your brigade has suffered 480 casualties. In war statistically 50% of the casualties are dead and the other 50% are severely injured and sent home. Only a minority of the lightly wounded that rejoin their units and reinforces joining the unit are represented in the "healing mechanic at day change.
      You can't heal the dead nor the severely wounded. You want your unit to heal faster you produce a unit and you merge it with the damaged one. That's how they did it in WW2, they trained a new unit and sent it to replenish the ranks. During WW2 all units were understrength as casualties are the way of war.
      He's not talking about how little the healing mechanic does tho, it's that the heal was less than expected.
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Units don't heal in friendly territory. They only heal in your own territory. Planes only heal when they operate from one of your own airbases, ships heal at sea. Convoy units at sea and planes on carriers don't heal.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • So now are you saying that it is a bug because it healed at all? I think OP MEANT his own territory (it is also "friendly", you know). He calculated an "expected heal" which seemed right to my ears, yet the actual heal was less. So the question is perfectly legitimate. I don't know the answer to it either, and would be interested to know what other factor might influence it?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • BMfox wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Units don't heal in friendly territory. They only heal in your own territory. Planes only heal when they operate from one of your own airbases, ships heal at sea. Convoy units at sea and planes on carriers don't heal.
      i question your Analysis skills at this moment of time. I have asked the question whether it was friendly as in allied or not, and the original poster has clarified on this point already. This isn"t a question about why or how it heals, it is a question of why the calculated heal was less.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • @Last Warrior to take both your posts in this thread:
      CoW healing is still Once per daychange healing and it heals for 15% of damaged health. According to Information (i forgot the source, too lazy to document this again)

Manpower does not affect healing as far as I know as it isnt used up and i noticed even having low amounts like 1k mp at hand can still give proper healing to 100s of units.
      Though: i havent seen healing rate at Negative growth manpower with 0 reserves at hand.

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Its hard to me to explain this since I don't speak English here I go.

Let's say your units have 100hp at full HP.
      But after a battle ended with 20, it need 80 HP to fully recover, the 0.15 take in consideration the 80hp not the 100hp. So it's gonna heal 12 HP. If the units after a battle ended with 70hp instead of 20 that means the units need 30hp, so it's gonna heal 4.5 after the day ended.

So more injured your unit more HP gonna recover but never can recover at 100hp again.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"