Release Notes 2022-01-26

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes 2022-01-26

Attention, Generals!

Today's update changes the default Fire Control setting for AI controlled units. Should you happen to face an army that is controlled by an AI nation, be prepared that its Fire Control setting is now "Offensive" and not "Fire at Will" anymore.

Furthermore, we implemented additional improvements to the Beta Client on Desktop. You find a list of changes in the Forums and on Discord, but there have been just too many bits and pieces we changed, that we could not list all of them. We stuck to the most important ones.

On top of that, we released some balancing changes to the game. Each doctrine received an additional unique buff, Supply Drops appear more frequently now, the AI in Events acts a bit later in the game and several units got some stats tweaked.

Last but not least, the team tackled a lengthy list of bugs in the game, including the possibility to micro jump units by exploiting the merge function of units, or borders being displayed incorrectly on some maps when zoomed out.

For a detailed overview of all the updates, balancing changes, and bug fixes, please check our Release Notes and share your feedback with us here on the forums or on our Discord server.

We wish you best of luck on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team
    Discord: Call of War
    Facebook: Call of War
    Twitter: Call of War
  • For everyone who did not realize yet, the full release notes, including the list of all balancing changes & bugfixes, is now posted by us in Helpshift, and no in this forum news post anymore. So please follow the link in the above post to access the full notes.

You can still use these news threads here to comment on changes though.
  • Love the buff on paratrooper and the allies mechanized bonus it's nice bcuz you are not too dependent on their tactical bombers making the allies more versatile and less predictable.

But I feel worried about the new bonus on pan-asian carriers, I really don't know how suppose to fight them on the Pacific map, they are simple too strong on sea compared to the other doctrines.
    "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
  • Arcorian wrote:

Today's update changes the default Fire Control setting for AI controlled units. Should you happen to face an army that is controlled by an AI nation, be prepared that its Fire Control setting is now "Offensive" and not "Fire at Will" anymore.
    Hey, non PA here, what does this change mean exactly?
    Kind regards,
    Donk
    Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
    Україні!

• Donk2.0 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

This means they will open fire on any neutral country that is within range. I think this will mean AIs will be doing more sneak attacks especially when it applies to ships as well.

edit by freezy: This info is not accurate and was corrected further down.
  • 6thDragon wrote:

Donk2.0 wrote:

Arcorian wrote:

This means they will open fire on any neutral country that is within range. I think this will mean AIs will be doing more sneak attacks especially when it applies to ships as well.
    What??? So AI will just attack if you have units nearby? What if I have like one infantry regiment on a core province, and the AI decided to move an arty to their core province, will that be an attack? That's just really inaccurate. Nobody just fires at everyone they see.
    Kind regards,
    Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
    Україні!

• It means that as their settings are offensive they will stop marching as soon as enemy units are in range and they will open fire. As long as you are not at war with AI the artillery won't open fire at you. You need to be in war for the AI to be able to attack you with ranged units.
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • BMfox wrote:

It means that as their settings are offensive they will stop marching as soon as enemy units are in range and they will open fire. As long as you are not at war with AI the artillery won't open fire at you. You need to be in war for the AI to be able to attack you with ranged units.
    That's right, by bad. I'm thinking about the aggressive setting.
  • BMfox wrote:

It means that as their settings are offensive they will stop marching as soon as enemy units are in range and they will open fire. As long as you are not at war with AI the artillery won't open fire at you. You need to be in war for the AI to be able to attack you with ranged units.
    Oh, good. I almost had a mini heart attack there.
    Kind regards,
    Donk

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
    Україні!