Questions about two players being on the same IP and game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Questions about two players being on the same IP and game

My brother introduced me to Call of War and we joined the same game at about the same time a few days ago.

Yesterday, I became aware of the rule that did not permit multiple accounts created by the same participant, which we technically shouldn't be breaching because we are two people/participants with two accounts.

We play the game from the same IP, though not always at the same time.

I am not sure if the game has anti-cheat off, and we are in the same coalition. We are now generally targeting different enemies after being aware of this rule, only helping each other in a small amount. I have a few questions regarding this:

1. What is the risk of us being banned/punished for multi-accounts or other rules?
      2. Should I inform the Game Operator about this situation (and how)?
      3. Is there anything else I should do?
    • Only one account per IP is allowed in a game. Anyone can claim to have a brother playing together with him in the same game. It is impossible for the Game Operators to check if that the accounts are really from siblings or one person who is multi-accounting. Multi-accounting is prohibited as it is unfair and any infraction results in a perma ban.

If the anti cheat system didn't detect you were lucky this time.
      However if a player in your game reports you and or your brother than both of your accounts will most likely be permanently banned.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • To be honest, joining the same game with your brother is, in a way, a bit of a "cheat" by itself.

One of the complexities of this game is that you can never be sure of who you can trust. Germany and Italy can be in the same coalition, for example, and then Italy can decide to backstab Germany, or vice-versa. So, most of us, even when in a coalition, have to leave some defensive units in case something like this happens.

Having a brother or a good friend in the same game means you do not have to worry about these things, and gives you an unfair advantage against other players, who have joined the game in good faith.
    • MartinB wrote:

To be honest, joining the same game with your brother is, in a way, a bit of a "cheat" by itself.

One of the complexities of this game is that you can never be sure of who you can trust. Germany and Italy can be in the same coalition, for example, and then Italy can decide to backstab Germany, or vice-versa. So, most of us, even when in a coalition, have to leave some defensive units in case something like this happens.

Having a brother or a good friend in the same game means you do not have to worry about these things, and gives you an unfair advantage against other players, who have joined the game in good faith.
      I don’t see anything wrong with joining a game with 1 or even 2 friends. I do think that 5 player alliances joining the same game does ruin it a bit.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins

The post was edited 1 time, last by BrutusTrump ().