Uprisings!!!!!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Uprisings!!!!!!!

How I hate the uprisings in this game, it's how stupid the mechanics are not related to anything.

The game is focused on WWII, where at least one example from the history of WWII, so that the uprisings were of such strength that the country lost control over the province! This was not even in the 44th.

Especially when there is a war with an island state, how “fun” what “interesting” gameplay is to constantly land from island to island, and then he rebelled and again on a new one. Where is at least one example of Japan or the United States losing control due to an uprising?

I will reveal a secret to poorly educated developers, there is such a thing as a local garrison, remove these absurd uprisings, but instead let the occupied provinces consume human resources, the lower the morale, the greater the cost. Or lead the mechanics, local garrisons.But get rid of those boring stupid uprisings. :wallbash
    • Example of Rebellions costing a lot of Resources: Free France, Yugoslavian Partisans, Warsaw Uprising.

Why are these important? With the exception of free france they havent taken huge chunks of territories, but they costed tons of resources of their aggressors, which is what happens in game they are to reduce resources not take you out.

As for USA and Japan, Japanese civilians wouldve revolted IF they were captured large scale: USA never invaded the mainland. As for the Philippines when occupied by japan: i am not that well informed on this, but i know some Filipino players,and they could answer
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Rebellions take management to deal with. When you take over a province it starts at 25% morale which makes it liable to rebellion; BUT when you conquer an enemy province and then take a capital (no matter which one, includes one of those tiny island states capital) before day change, the morale goes up to 35% (+10% empire-wide morale bonus) and there is a zero chance of rebellion.

So with that in mind, take capitals as late in the day as possible. Stand in front of the gate of an empty capital city all day if you have to, then take it over just a minute before day change, and EVERYTHING you took that day will be safe from rebellion (barring enemy tricks with rockets, strats, or gold of course).

Also, it may be a good idea to send off an army with the sole purpose to use this trick. The Pacific is the best place for it, and it is just a few days away from a place like Africa. When you're in Europe or Eastcoast US, consider Iceland, Greenland (no bombard on this one though!) and the island off Canada, forgot the name. In many games these islands stay independent for a long time (though you may of course be unlucky and Papua took them all before you got there). A typical group would consist of one or two battleships or cruisers to bombard the defenders, plus a ground unit (maybe two or three if you're after the non-capital islands as well) to land and occupy the place unopposed. No need to defend them afterwards; you took the morale bonus and that was their funtion, and if the garrisons from the smaller islands wish to embark and re-occupy their former capital, just let them.

One viper under the grass though: very seldom, these islands build a submarine, which kills your bombards. Also take a destroyer or sub if you want to be 100% sure instead of just 95%.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

Example of Rebellions costing a lot of Resources: Free France, Yugoslavian Partisans, Warsaw Uprising.

Why are these important? With the exception of free france they havent taken huge chunks of territories, but they costed tons of resources of their aggressors, which is what happens in game they are to reduce resources not take you out.

As for USA and Japan, Japanese civilians wouldve revolted IF they were captured large scale: USA never invaded the mainland. As for the Philippines when occupied by japan: i am not that well informed on this, but i know some Filipino players,and they could answer
      Guerrilla movements, this refers to sabotage in the rear, but in history there is no example of the loss of entire
      provinces.

Now imagine, Germany in the 41st year is rapidly moving towards Moscow and then bam half of Ukraineand Belarus rebelled, and all supply echelons were cut off from the army, this is absurd, it could only be in the 16th century, but not during the Second World War.The era of the front line, lines and logistics with supplies.And the uprising of the provinces is complete absurdity,which I have been so tired of over the years of the game that it cannot be described.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Rebellions take management to deal with. When you take over a province it starts at 25% morale which makes it liable to rebellion; BUT when you conquer an enemy province and then take a capital (no matter which one, includes one of those tiny island states capital) before day change, the morale goes up to 35% (+10% empire-wide morale bonus) and there is a zero chance of rebellion.

So with that in mind, take capitals as late in the day as possible. Stand in front of the gate of an empty capital city all day if you have to, then take it over just a minute before day change, and EVERYTHING you took that day will be safe from rebellion (barring enemy tricks with rockets, strats, or gold of course).

Also, it may be a good idea to send off an army with the sole purpose to use this trick. The Pacific is the best place for it, and it is just a few days away from a place like Africa. When you're in Europe or Eastcoast US, consider Iceland, Greenland (no bombard on this one though!) and the island off Canada, forgot the name. In many games these islands stay independent for a long time (though you may of course be unlucky and Papua took them all before you got there). A typical group would consist of one or two battleships or cruisers to bombard the defenders, plus a ground unit (maybe two or three if you're after the non-capital islands as well) to land and occupy the place unopposed. No need to defend them afterwards; you took the morale bonus and that was their funtion, and if the garrisons from the smaller islands wish to embark and re-occupy their former capital, just let them.

One viper under the grass though: very seldom, these islands build a submarine, which kills your bombards. Also take a destroyer or sub if you want to be 100% sure instead of just 95%.
      Yes, it works at the beginning of the game. But when the war is on a huge territory, and it's a week's journey to the enemy's capital, and you have to move troops back and forth because of the uprisings, a very "fun" mechanic. I understand in the game Total War, this can be justified by the era, and it was.
      And here it only exhausts and does not bring pleasure.As much as the latest AI updates are not fun, I would break the hands of the developers for these smart AI updates,which are now declaring wars on empires that outnumber them hundreds of times.
    • Jotero wrote:

Now imagine, Germany in the 41st year is rapidly moving towards Moscow and then bam half of Ukraineand Belarus rebelled, and all supply echelons were cut off from the army, this is absurd, it could only be in the 16th century, but not during the Second World War.The era of the front line, lines and logistics with supplies.And the uprising of the provinces is complete absurdity,which I have been so tired of over the years of the game that it cannot be described.
      Pretty sure 'front lines' and 'logistics' were a thing in every single war, not just WW2.
    • Jotero wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Rebellions take management to deal with. When you take over a province it starts at 25% morale which makes it liable to rebellion; BUT when you conquer an enemy province and then take a capital (no matter which one, includes one of those tiny island states capital) before day change, the morale goes up to 35% (+10% empire-wide morale bonus) and there is a zero chance of rebellion.

Yes, it works at the beginning of the game. But when the war is on a huge territory, and it's a week's journey to the enemy's capital, and you have to move troops back and forth because of the uprisings, a very "fun" mechanic. I understand in the game Total War, this can be justified by the era, and it was.And here it only exhausts and does not bring pleasure.As much as the latest AI updates are not fun, I would break the hands of the developers for these smart AI updates,which are now declaring wars on empires that outnumber them hundreds of times.
      In regards to your dig on the smart AIs: I 100% support smart AIs. This adds a whole new consideration for allowing your popularity to hit 0% when you're surrounded by AIs. It's also more realistic. You can't just go all out and declare war on everyone and not expect the same in return. Asking for easy AIs is for lazy gameplay. One of my favorite aspects of COW is the reward for active and thoughtful gameplay/commitment. Also, @K.Rokossovskis tactic to moral boost and uprising control is relevant throughout the entire game, even if it takes more time and consideration late game.

I commend the developers for each item that you're complaining about.
      The elephant is the only land mammal that cannot jump.
    • one_leaf wrote:

Jotero wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Yes, it works at the beginning of the game. But when the war is on a huge territory, and it's a week's journey to the enemy's capital, and you have to move troops back and forth because of the uprisings, a very "fun" mechanic. I understand in the game Total War, this can be justified by the era, and it was.And here it only exhausts and does not bring pleasure.As much as the latest AI updates are not fun, I would break the hands of the developers for these smart AI updates,which are now declaring wars on empires that outnumber them hundreds of times.
      In regards to your dig on the smart AIs: I 100% support smart AIs. This adds a whole new consideration for allowing your popularity to hit 0% when you're surrounded by AIs. It's also more realistic. You can't just go all out and declare war on everyone and not expect the same in return. Asking for easy AIs is for lazy gameplay. One of my favorite aspects of COW is the reward for active and thoughtful gameplay/commitment. Also, @K.Rokossovskis tactic to moral boost and uprising control is relevant throughout the entire game, even if it takes more time and consideration late game.
      I commend the developers for each item that you're complaining about.
      Yes, very interesting, no.
      Instead of fighting the players, I have to sit silently.For a successful start, you need to fight, thanks to the captured resources you can develop.But if I just build factories and develop the country for a long time, but do not touch artificial intelligence, then the other player will capture half the world during this time, and he doesn’t care that all the bots declare war on him, because he already has an economy and a margin of safety unlike me, and the only thing that bots do in this game is just spoil the game and take a lot of time to be active. Not conceived to thank these idiots the game has become dull and boring.
    • Jotero wrote:

Instead of fighting the players, I have to sit silently.For a successful start, you need to fight, thanks to the captured resources you can develop.But if I just build factories and develop the country for a long time, but do not touch artificial intelligence, then the other player will capture half the world during this time, and he doesn’t care that all the bots declare war on him, because he already has an economy and a margin of safety unlike me, and the only thing that bots do in this game is just spoil the game and take a lot of time to be active. Not conceived to thank these idiots the game has become dull and boring.
      Well why do you just sit silently? Why not capture half the world so you'd have a strong economy and a desirable margin of safety? An economy and a margin of safety that'd afford you to no longer care about AI's?
    • Z. Sakki wrote:

Jotero wrote:

Well why do you just sit silently? Why not capture half the world so you'd have a strong economy and a desirable margin of safety? An economy and a margin of safety that'd afford you to no longer care about AI's?
      Because then you will have to constantly sit in the game and fight off hordes of bots, and a strong economy and a strong margin of safety, but it doesn’t bring you any pleasure because every morning you see how the bots throw their unfortunate units back and forth, and you run follow them like a fool, instead of finishing off the active players.
    • The uprising mechanism is fine in itself. It forces you to think longer than just point and click a large stack of units.

What isn't fine about the uprising is that bombardment can make some of your provinces rebel. If the enemy shells your army while you are defending it to save your loyal citizens, they will reward you by rebelling??

So if this was the REAL WW2, when Germany blitz'ed Britain, all the britons should just have gone 'f this! Let's all join Norway!'.

This part is stupid, but apart from that, the morale factor is good for the game.