Remove Gold Razing.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Remove Gold Razing.

Gold razing is when gold can be used to destroy your enemy's buildings. While I get while most gold features are there, this feature is broken. I just witnessed a player destroy every single building in another player's country on the other side of the world when they got into a fight in the newspaper. This has to cross some line. There was a mod in the player who gold razed's coalition, and the mod didn't say anything about it. The gold razing player was also very toxic. Airforces can be rendered unusable by razing airfields. I feel like gold razing breaks the game very badly.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • I second this. I had this happened to me, gold was spent on destroying my airfields to prevent my airforce from reaching the front. I had to resort to building air craft carriers to combat this, as well as upgrading airports to higher levels and adding unnecessary buildings to lower the chances of their gold actions.

I wouldn’t be COMPLETELY opposed to keeping the raze option as long as they can lower damage done to a building, and in return, lowers the time cost repair of that airport. Or increasing the cost of gold for that action.
    • I’ve never had this happen to me. But I’ve always been curious what sort of notice you receive when it happens. Do you just discover the building is damaged next time you look at it or do you get an official notice?

Just to play devil’s advocate, I can see keeping this as a counter to players gold rush repairing a building.

I’ve actually used this once when I caught another players’s air force on an airstrip. I rushed my navy in and destroyed the airport they were on while they were refueling. I thought it was a checkmate situation but the player then gold rush repaired it when the planes were done refueling. I didn’t think that was fair. If you can’t use gold to heal a unit in combat, you shouldn’t be able to rush repair a building being bombarded. Just my opinion. I thought gold razing the air strip was a proportionate response.

Otherwise, yeah…pretty shady.
    • Yeah. in my example, a very toxic player with unlimited gold, it seems like, just razed everything from 2 players around the globe, including me. Then, when I challenge him in the newspaper, he says, “Children, learn respect in Clash of Nations” The worst part is that there is a mod in his coalition saying nothing to him.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • 6thdragon wrote:

I’ve never had this happen to me. But I’ve always been curious what sort of notice you receive when it happens. Do you just discover the building is damaged next time you look at it or do you get an official notice?
      the next time you select the province, the building would be damaged. There is no newspaper or action notification. Using spies the free way, everyone will be able to see “mysterious explosion” or similar events in the newspaper. That is how you know a spy is there. When gold is used, there is no notification.
    • Well

6thDragon wrote:

I thought it was a checkmate situation but the player then gold rush repaired it when the planes were done refueling. I didn’t think that was fair.
      Well, gold use is never "fair" nor is it intended to be. But now that gold usage is much more common than it used to be, I would say that in general, gold needs its own rebalancing. I'm not sure exactly how many planes you can build for 4k gold, but I'm guessing it's one or two. Raising an airbase can put the entire enemy air force out of action though. Even in a pay-to-win game, that's really poorly balanced.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Roarshore wrote:

6thdragon wrote:

I’ve never had this happen to me. But I’ve always been curious what sort of notice you receive when it happens. Do you just discover the building is damaged next time you look at it or do you get an official notice?
      the next time you select the province, the building would be damaged. There is no newspaper or action notification. Using spies the free way, everyone will be able to see “mysterious explosion” or similar events in the newspaper. That is how you know a spy is there. When gold is used, there is no notification.
      I've seen these "mysterious explosion" articles in the newspaper for economic sabotage, but not military sabotage. They usually appear when a resource is being destroyed. I've used military sabotage a lot, mainly to get troop locations, but occasionally to take out a bunker or air strip. When I've tried to assess the impact of my spy, I always had to use the espionage tab and go to the reports because it's never in the newspaper.

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Well

6thDragon wrote:

I thought it was a checkmate situation but the player then gold rush repaired it when the planes were done refueling. I didn’t think that was fair.
      Well, gold use is never "fair" nor is it intended to be. But now that gold usage is much more common than it used to be, I would say that in general, gold needs its own rebalancing. I'm not sure exactly how many planes you can build for 4k gold, but I'm guessing it's one or two. Raising an airbase can put the entire enemy air force out of action though. Even in a pay-to-win game, that's really poorly balanced.
      I agree, perhaps the game would benefit from a gold rebalancing. Since there is more gold now, call it inflation. Although seriously, air strips should cost more to raze or rush due to how vulnerable or effective planes are and how much they depend on them. I still say buildings being bombarded should not be eligible for a gold rush by the same logic you can't use gold to heal a unit in combat. Although I suppose you can heal a unit being bombarded, so maybe it is balanced after all or maybe that could be reconsidered too.