Question on transport ships

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Question on transport ships

Just noticed that transport ships come with production costs and daily upkeep. So what does this mean? If my army which has upkeep cost turns into transport, is that upkeep now only for the transport and is the production cost charged at that moment.

If 10 armies jump in the water at once is that just one transport ship cost? But then if attacked it would still fight like 10 transport ships so I assume upkeep is for 10 transport ships.

Never really looked at costs until now when I'm thinking of upgrading the transport ships.
    • That evens out. I never realized the resource draw by jumping in the water. A dozen armies costs 10,000 steel and almost that in oil and food. Seems like something I would have noticed unless I was always very well off at the time. Crazy.

Maybe instead of the screen allowing to spend gold to proceed, the embarking just spins longer until the resources are there. You think?

The post was edited 1 time, last by ender611 ().

• Maybe @freezy should provide clarity on this, but I never noticed paying any initial cost for transport ships (and believe me my resources have been low many times when jumping into the water!) and I'm not sure if the upkeep actually changes like laaaaga (lol, hope I had the right amount of a's there!) suggests. I think they are just token values because they needed SOME value in the DB, but they're never actually used.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Are you charged then with the ship upkeep, or the ship upkeep PLUS the base unit upkeep?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • freezy wrote:

You are actually only paying the unit upkeep, also on water. The display is misleading in the transport ship entry, will probably remove it.
      That's what I thought. Or to state it flipped- you don't stop paying daily upkeep costs for your units on the water.
      Player Name: MosheDyan68
      ID: 30148568

Have fun. Stay young. Follow Jesus.