Can AA guns protect Aircraft from Interceptors?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your anti-air will not attack the interceptors unless they are patroling above your troops.
      If the interceptors directly attack your planes, the anti-air won't help.

A thing you can do is: ground your planes and put your anti-air in the airfield/airstrip they are located.
      Grounded and refueled planed on the ground count as airplanes.
      :00002178:
    • alpharunner wrote:

Your anti-air will not attack the interceptors unless they are patroling above your troops.

A thing you can do is: ground your planes and put your anti-air in the airfield/airstrip they are located.
      I'm pretty sure that refueling planes are actually counted as aircraft convoys.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• Donk2.0 wrote:

alpharunner wrote:

Your anti-air will not attack the interceptors unless they are patroling above your troops.

I'm pretty sure that refueling planes are actually counted as aircraft convoys.
      Indeed, planes that need to be refueled or are not located inside an airfield count as convoys.
      Whenever a plane is all fueled up and in an airfield, it counts as a plane and can defend itself.
      :00002178:
    • alpharunner wrote:

ıf I have ınterceptors which patrolling over my land units ıf enemy planes attack my land units while they are patrolling so my planes wont give damage them ? is it same ?
    • Actually I think you can inflict damage on interceptors attacking your tac bombers. However you have to position your bombers exactly over your ground unit. On the same red dot as the ground unit.
      This is in one of the great articles about inflicting damage with aircraft. It's called riding the red dot.
      It also works if you stick an interceptor over a stack of AA. Anything that attacks the interceptor will also attack the ground units.
      Damage is also shared between the air units and ground units; it becomes one of the stack.
      Give it a try and leave some feedback. I do believe that it works.
    • fireintheeast wrote:

Actually I think you can inflict damage on interceptors attacking your tac bombers. However you have to position your bombers exactly over your ground unit. On the same red dot as the ground unit.
      This is in one of the great articles about inflicting damage with aircraft. It's called riding the red dot.
      It also works if you stick an interceptor over a stack of AA. Anything that attacks the interceptor will also attack the ground units.
      Damage is also shared between the air units and ground units; it becomes one of the stack.
      This is correct.
    • freezy wrote:

fireintheeast wrote:

Actually I think you can inflict damage on interceptors attacking your tac bombers. However you have to position your bombers exactly over your ground unit. On the same red dot as the ground unit.
      This is correct.
      I understand that section you can protect your units with ınterceptor stack ok

but do you really want to give damage your ınterceptors with enemy ground units ?
    • There may be occasions when it is important for a ground unit to survive, so yes, you may wish to take some of the damage in air units.
      The main point of my previous comment though was that a single interceptor, over a stack of ground units, my seem an easy target; however with enough AA the attacker may fall into an expensive trap.