Gold spending limit per day.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold spending limit per day.

So I've learned after looking through the threads that this will apparently "never happen", but I'm going to throw it out anyway to add to the voices.

Gold whales destroy the game. It's literally a different game when a gold whale plays. I loved this game, but the first time a gold whale was involved, I lost respect for it and now I'm not sure I'm comfortable investing time or money into it if someone else can come along and just spam units.

Please consider adding spending limits per day. Not enough to discourage gold use, but rather enough of a limit to eliminate the idiots who spam 100 units on the first day. It's literally a different game when that happens.

I would happily pay to remove ads if the game used ads. That could be another revenue stream for Bytro. They say that the "industry" says that what is currently happening is not a bad model, but I don't know of any other games that allow for someone to literally destroy gameplay for everyone else involved just by spending money.

After my last experience, I'm not sure how many other gold whales I'm willing to play with and would consider finding a different game to play if it happens again. That's unfortunate as I've purchased gold over the years and was considering becoming a member, but what's the point if my stats are going to be destroyed by someone who wants to spam 100s of units? I don't understand why you would even take the time to play the game if all you're going to do is spam units.
    • It is never fun to go up against someone who solely relies on gold usage to win their game. I find it a challenge to win against them. However, beating them is not impossible even if you have half their army size. Excessive gold users usually are not the best at the game (hence the gold usage) and can easily be defeated using your Home province bonuses ass well as countering their units.

Gold will likely always remain a part of CoW as it is one of the things that keeps the game running for both paying and non-paying players (and there are of course ads and Premium Accounts). Remember you can always get your gold by winning matches, special events give a lot for participating.

Good luck with your matches, hope you win ;)
      :00002178:
    • alpharunner wrote:

It is never fun to go up against someone who solely relies on gold usage to win their game. I find it a challenge to win against them. However, beating them is not impossible even if you have half their army size. Excessive gold users usually are not the best at the game (hence the gold usage) and can easily be defeated using your Home province bonuses ass well as countering their units.

Gold will likely always remain a part of CoW as it is one of the things that keeps the game running for both paying and non-paying players (and there are of course ads and Premium Accounts). Remember you can always get your gold by winning matches, special events give a lot for participating.

Gold can be countered. I like the challenge of playing someone with a lot of gold. However, too much will make it impossible to win. They can reveal their units, take out your core buildings completely, and take out every airfield of yours. It is impossible to beat this.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • When I meet a whale, I like to make them spend as much as possible. Even when you lose because there's simply too much, there's the satisfying feeling of draining the wallet of this particular class of <<<will be censored>>>
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • alpharunner wrote:

It is never fun to go up against someone who solely relies on gold usage to win their game. I find it a challenge to win against them. However, beating them is not impossible even if you have half their army size. Excessive gold users usually are not the best at the game (hence the gold usage) and can easily be defeated using your Home province bonuses ass well as countering their units.

I don't have a problem with Gold and people who counter with that argument do not understand what I'm saying. I've been playing for several years, so I'm well aware of gold from winning matches. I've won many matches both solo and coalition.

It's a little condescending imo to suggest that all I have to do is have some skill and I can beat them with an army half their size. No you can't. The only way you beat them is when they decide to quit spending money. It completely changes the game play and throws strategy out the window.
    • You still aren't getting my point. You continue to quote game mechanics and strategy. My point is this and @freezy needs to pay attention: Game mechanics and strategy are ruined by the way gold is currently used. 15% attack and defense bonus and any other bonuses mean literally nothing when someone is willing to spend whatever amount of gold they need to spend to overwhelm the game mechanics to win.

Why have any time limitations at all? Aren't all of time limitations for building and research trees designed to make you think about strategic advantage? Why take the time to analyze an opponent's military makeup? Why read the paper now to see what units your enemies are using?

It's all useless when someone who has the strategic mindset to literally follow my anti-aircraft in circles trying to catch can just pop up manufacturing right next to my border and pump out units in a constant stream? I can certainly defeat those units up until a point, but if I play the game the way it was designed to be played, I can never use the game's strategy and its mechanics to win against someone who is willing to spend just a little more gold.

This is the core of my complaint. The game is no longer about strategy when someone who has not invested any time into the game can overcome someone just with gold.

And quit saying that all it takes is some strategy to overcome them. Here's an example of strategy: Neighboring country cuts off diplomatic relations and parks medium tanks on my border. I realize the threat and work over the course of a few days to manufacture strategic bombers and anti-tank artillery to counter his unit of choice. That stack is placed at an airfield within striking distance of 80% of his core cities along with fortifications. The player decides to invade and before he reaches my airfield I've already bombed his capital. I'm able to continually bomb 4 out 5 of his core cities for as long as I like because I've neutralized his forces and decimated his economy and manufacturing.

Compared to this scenario, which was in the same game: Someone who is obviously new to the game is on my other border. I know they're new based upon unit selection and the way they send they're units over. They come in groups of two and three one right after another. I think to myself, this is going to be a minimal problem. The guy does not have much industry set up in his core cities and cannot sustain a long push. However, he sets up manufacturing close to my border and then continually pumps out low-level units. Still not a big deal, but when he's pumping out 8 units in the time it takes me to manufacture 3, then eventually the math is not in my favor no matter what the skill level is.

This is where the fundamental appeal of the game is destroyed. It's no longer about playing the game the way it was designed (in terms of calculating attack/defend/speed/terrain/research etc..) but more about whoever wants to spend more gold to win.

If that's what it's going to be, then the developers can save a lot of development time, because people who are willing to spend gold to win could not care less about the intricacies of 15% bonuses.