Inactive/New players solution | Complex trade offers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Inactive/New players solution | Complex trade offers

I have three suggestions.

1. Fix the problem with half of the players going inactive on day 3
      When I played Supremacy 1914 years ago, I believe you could enter games beyond day 1 in the stead of players that had gone inactive. Whether this is a false memory or not, I think this should be possible.
      Also, players should get a score penalty or something (e.g. reduction of 10 levels) if they go inactive in a game without good reason (not losing any war for example).

2. A cool feature would be the ability to make complex trade offers, i.e. trade packages (offer multiple things and/or demand multiple things in one deal), especially when going from War to Ceasefire or Peace. In real life we see that with the capitulation of a nation, territories are returned, reparations are paid, etc.
      This also leads us to the nonsense of limiting the number of provinces that can be traded. This is very annoying and unrealistic, for example when a coalition reconquers one member's core provinces, these are now "occupied" and producing at 25%, and redistribution of provinces is difficult (you would have to start a war for it with your team mates).
      I gather that this limit is there against cheating. This is not very effective. If I had two accounts and wanted to cheat, I would not be deterred by this limit. It goes without saying that I can invade one country with my two accounts at the same time, or have one invade the other without posing any resistance. The reality is, that if you can't identify two accounts being led by the same player, you can't avoid cheating in this game. And why would you cheat anyways, it ruins all the fun. If really fishy things are going on between one or more nations, they should be reported and some admin or other would have to take a look at what happened and whether there's probably cheating involved.

3. Create games that require a certain number or percentage of solo and/or coalition victories to enter. Call of War is such a well-engineered game, but much of the fun is ruined because you're constantly fighting noobs and players that go inactive without reason.

I repeat, this is such a well thought-out game but the inability to avoid playing among noobs (even in Historic World War, where minimum level is 17 -- that's not that high and easily attained if you play a few games at the same time) or being in a map of all AI's really ruins it.
    • To be exact, they go in active at day 4.
      Which is after playing or rather not playing the game during 3 days.

Luckily they turn AI because AI play better than the average COW player.
      I've been able to observe the skill of the regular COW player, or rather lack of it during the Team Up 50 vs 50 event.
      It was plain to see that most of my team members had no clue what they were doing.
      Many of them even only logged in once every 24 hours.

Soon an active platform will start for player level 80+ to join games together and to be challenged more than in a regular game.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • I found that level only has a VERY loose relationship to skill. Plenty of L80+ noobs as well.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I found that level only has a VERY loose relationship to skill. Plenty of L80+ noobs as well.
      Making a selection based on KD wouldn't be approved by Bytro as it would be discriminative.
      We can't have it all.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!