India - A Standard World At War Playthrough.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• India - A Standard World At War Playthrough.

Hello. So, I am going to do a normal playthrough. No, this does not have some demented twist. It's just a normal playthrough as North India in World at War. I'll show my strategy, and how I use the Allied Doctrine to my advantage.
      There might be a twist halfway through. Maybe.

Part 1: Introduction

I wish I could steorotype and insult India more, but I don't know much about India. Here's what we do know. India is a nation solely populated by tech support scammers. It has pollution, and it's in the dia region of the Earth. Further information about India is scarce.

The start was pretty standard. The game was half full, and I looked at my neighbors to see what they were doing. So far, only South India and Tibet have been picked. South India is in a 4 member coalition, but is inexperienced. Tibet is alone for now, but is very experienced, and not an enemy I'd like to make. Additionaly, South India's username is FriendJoeBiden or something, so as a Trump, it is my patriotic duty to invade happen to find oil liberate the peaceful citizens of this tyrannical dictatorship. However, my best move would be to wait to see what target is the most inactive around me.

Good night. Update in the morning.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • Day 1: Putting the Basics Down.

Day 1 was pretty standard for a World at War. Here is what happened.

Buildings: Level 1 Industry in All Cities, Level 2 Industry in Rare Materials City. Secret Lab, Aircraft Factory, Barracks, Tank Plant, Ordinance Foundry.

I usually build 1 industry in every city to build up my economy. Additionally, I build enough military buildings to have a balanced army. I always try to keep a balanced army with some troops of every branch. I might neglect navy for air force sometimes, but I am usually pretty balanced. (On a side note, I really hate having less rares. I use a lot of rares in the early game, and rares are always the first resource I go broke on.)

Research: Infantry Level 1, Artillery Level 1, Armored Car Level 1, Cruiser Level 1, Interceptor Level 1, Tactical Bomber Level 1. Current Research: Rocket Artillery Level 1, Light Tank Level 1.

My research is also pretty balanced. You may be wondering why I am building a cruiser if I am landlocked. The answer will come shortly.

Units: Production Line of Infantry, Armored Cars, Artillery, and Interceptors/Tactical Bombers

5 hours into Day 2, I have 29 units. This is low, partly because I joined when the game had already been going for a few hours, and partly because I wasn't online to build. Luckily, my units are being used for good means. You will see the good means soon.

Diplomatic Situation: Asia in this World at War looks a lot like I accidentally joined a Clash of Nations map. Most of Asia is low level and/or very low K/D. There is one coalition near me. South India, Commie China, OG China, and Indochina. This alliance is pretty underwhelming stat wise, and South India would be an easy pick, so I never joined them. There is one very good player in Asia, my Northern neighbor, Tibet. I was thinking about sending him a message asking for an alliance when he sent me one. I accepted, and we have share map for share map. I look forward to a productive alliance with him.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!:

I have 3 neighbors that are very low level and with low stats and are easy pickings. South India does look like he is building stuff, so I didn't invade him. British Odisha, to my east, has not built anything, a prime sign of being inactive. Finally, Pakistan, my neighbor to the West, has build stuff, but is invading Kashmir, a Led Zeppelin Song an AI country. I decided to invade Pakistan, as India hates Pakistan, and because I would get an extra city, and because there was a supply drop in Pakistan. My units wheeled around to face Pakistan. They began the invasion. A few hours in, it is going smoothly. I am using the tried and true separate into a bunch of 4-5 unit strong stacks and send towards cities. I could use a more in depth strategy, but it doesn't really matter this early in the game. Here is a picture of the current front.

Note: I blacked out Tibet's units in case he doesn't want people to see them.

THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • Day 2: Expansion and Signs that I have a good chance of being totally screwed.

It is now 4 hours into Day 3. Things are beginning to get more interesting. North India is still strong, but that could very well change in the near future. Here's the rundown.

Situation: North India is now in 3rd place, with 110 victory points. (Pakistan had invaded the A.I. province of Kashmir, and I have conquered both it and Pakistan.) Pakistan was completely conquered. Some rural provinces have revolted to other countries. I have begun invading South India, and that is explained in more detail below. The next few paragraphs are just saying what I have, so skip them if you want.

Research: Infantry Levels 1 and 2, and Artillery, Anti Tank, and Anti Air Level 1. Armored Cars, Light Tank Level 1, Interceptors, Naval Bombers, Tac Bombers Level 1, Crusier and Destroyer Level 1, Rocket Arty Level 1. Currently researching: Motorized Infantry Level 1, Armored Car Level 2.

Buildings: Level 1 Industry in every city. Level 2 industry being built or already built in rares, goods, and oil city. Naval base built in former Pakistani province of Karachi. Aircraft Factory, Ordinance Foundry, and Barracks built in former Pakistani lands.

Army: My army is still very basic, but I now have 5 aircraft and 2 rocket arty, making my army less generic. I also have a cruiser and a destroyer. Current Army Size: 44 units, soon to be 50.

Diplomacy: You heard me say that I have a good chance of being totally screwed. Here's why. In my first update, I said that I allied with Tibet. Today, I was looking at the stats of the top ranked nations, and I noticed that they were in the same alliance (not coalition) as Tibet. Iraq, North Sudan, Ethiopia, and Egypt were all in this alliance. Iraq had invaded Persia, and I was next in his path of expansion. I messaged Tibet about this in case they were planning on invading me. They would know that I would be prepared. Tibet said that we could still be peaceful, but I knew that those words mattered less than the UN's strongest worded letters. I was in their path of expansion. Here's a map to visualize this.

As you can see, it would be very easy for them to trap me. I won't go to war yet, but I will have to be on my ground. Additionally, this severely stunts my ability for growth. This is a quite serious dilemma.

Expansion: South India is a very new player, but he looks like he is going to try to put up a fight. I have a soft spot for new players, and this gives me an idea. South India has a notable army, and if he joins me, I get an ally for the rest of the game, satisfaction, and he might give me a fighting chance in a war with Tibet and his allies. Even though his name is Joe Biden, we might be able to work together. (Vomits inside mouth.) However, the front is going good for now. I will be bombarding through the night, so if you want me to join him, please say so. If one person says to join him, I will stop my invasion and join him.

Also, British Oddisha, who was being invaded by Tibet, had the bright idea of also invading me with his last 5 or so units. Well, it's a free city for me. Here's a close up map of the front.

In a normal battle, my infantry would not be landing unassisted, but I doubt that South India has the facilities to deal with them.

If you enjoyed this playthrough, please like and subscribe leave a reply.
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • ThePoliticalguy wrote:

If you don't know a thing about India, why don't you keep your mouth shut da? It's better than clinging on steriotypes and all those things you learnt how different countries is portraited by the west
      Me who lives right next to india: bruh
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

ThePoliticalguy wrote:

If you don't know a thing about India, why don't you keep your mouth shut da? It's better than clinging on steriotypes and all those things you learnt how different countries is portraited by the west
      Um, I see absolutely no stereotypes.
      You know the forum's so anti-toxic to the point that Indians are being defended when there isn't even any discrimination to be seen :thumbsup:
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • ThePoliticalguy wrote:

When I made playthroughs like this, I bullied and stereotyped every country. I don’t have anything against India.
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins