Second WW1 Role-Play Match

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Second WW1 Role-Play Match

We had a big turnout for our last WW1 role-play match, but unfortunately, a few people completely ruined the game for everyone else, with bad leadership and going so far as to declare war on its own allies. Unfortunately, in the confusion some people went to war early with a fairly valid point, some people actually INVADED their supposed allies, and it was simply chaos.

However, during the match we had some great ideas and some great suggestions involving a large amount of subjects. I have both edited the rules and have decided to allow members to re-choose their countries. We will hopefully start before New Year's Eve.

This time we will be on Blitzkrieg- 1939. It is a little ahistorical, but last time, many countries were actually more balanced than they should have been. However, with the new additions to your arsenal, a country is expected to deliberately destroy any light tanks, tactical bombers, strategic bombers, and naval bombers initially given to them and may not produce light tanks, tactical bombers, strategic bombers, naval bombers, rockets, nukes, mechanised infantry, rocket interceptors, SP Anti-Air or Anti-Tank, tank destroyers, or nuclear battleships/submarines.

Central Powers have a pre-game agreement of Share Map; the Central Powers include Austria–Hungary, Germany, and on Day 7, the Ottoman Empire.

German Empire- Can take Ponzan, Torun, and Danzig from Poland as soon as possible. May take Strasbourg from France in a brief war. Must declare war on Russia on Day 5, but can only declare war on Italy if Italy declared war on Austria-Hungary first. Germany must make at least Level 3 fortifications on the border with France.
      Austro-Hungarian EmpireStarts off as Yugoslavia, and conquers Germany's Czechoslovakian lands, Slovakia, German Austria, and Hungary as soon as possible. For historical purposes, it is authorised to take Cluj, Bacau, Sibiu, and Timišoara from Romania as soon as possible, but can not take the rest of Romania. Instead, it may either:
      1. Make peace until Day 15
      2. Stay at war
      Ottoman Empire– Starts as Turkey and can take Iraq and Saudi Arabia as soon as possible. France and the Ottoman Empire must go to war on Day 1 over French Syria, but must make peace as soon as French Syria is in Ottoman hands. The UK also must cede Jerusalem and Amman to the Ottoman Empire. The Ottoman Empire may declare war on the UK, Russia, and France on Day 7.

Allied Powers have a pre-game agreement of Share Map; the Allied Powers include the UK, France, and Russia.

British Empire- May only go to war with Germany and Austria–Hungary if one the following is true:
      1. Germany is at war with Belgium, Russia, and France
      2. It is Day 6
      Also, the British Empire may take Canada as soon as possible (what with Canada being a Commonwealth member and all), and may take Ireland as well. The British Empire may also go to war with anyone who has violated Belgian neutrality and is at war with Belgium, meaning Great Britain could potentially legally go to war with France.
      French Empire- Like stated before, France must cede Strasbourg to Germany and French Syria to the Ottomans. Must declare war on Germany after Germany declares war on Russia. France must also make at least Level 5 fortifications on the border with Germany, including Nancy. Must also cede El Aaiún to Spain.
      Russian Empire- Must move capital city to Leningrad on Day 1. May take all of Finland, the Baltic States, and all of Poland except for what Germany occupies as soon as possible. Must surrender to Central Powers if all the following is true:
      1. Germany has territory up to Moscow and Rostov, and has captured Leningrad(I know, a little unrealistic, but if it were realistic, then the Germans would win really quickly)
      2. Ottomans have occupied Krasnodar
      What Russia does after that? Why, it declares war on the Allied Powers and sends troops to the Western Front to fight the allies. In real life, Ukraine, Belarus, Courland, Estonia, Livonia, and Lithuania sent troops to the Western front.
      United States of America– Very neutral and isolationist. However, only 4 months after the campaign slogan 'He kept us out of war' wins Woodrow Wilson a second term, America joins the Allied powers. So, one of the following must be true for the good old USA to join the Allies:
      1. Nancy and Paris are under German control, Russia has been defeated
      2. It is Day 15 and Russia has been defeated

Neutral Powers are countries not initially involved in the fighting. These powers may choose what side to be on, all by Day 4 as to not allow a country to simply pick the winning team. They must post in the newspaper what side they are joining.

Italy- May join either side or stay neutral. (Italy is not simply Allied because up until 1914, Italy was a member of the Central Powers.) Must cede Trieste to Austria-Hungary on Day 1. Italy can also keep Albania.
      Sweden– May join either side or stay neutral. Can take Norway on Day 1.
      Spain– May join either side or stay neutral. Must take El Aaiún from France as soon as possible.

Tiny Powers are non-player controlled countries with certain alignments.

Portugal is an Allied Power. An attack on Portugal is an attack on the Allies.
      Greece is an Allied Power. An attack on Greece is an attack on the Allies.
      Bulgaria is a Central Power. An attack on Bulgaria is an attack on the Central Powers.
      Cuba is neutral.
      Romania is an Allied Power after Day 15. An attack on Romania after that is an attack on the Allies.
      Netherlands is neutral.
      Denmark is neutral.
      Belgium is an Allied Power. An attack on Belgium is an attack on the Allies.

Now, last game, Serbia was not a part of the game at all. This is very ahistorical and irked me, I could not figure out another way that Serbia could be allied. I may have found the solution. Yugoslavia must cede Belgrade, Užice, Podgorica, Novi Pazar, Priština, Niš, and Skopje to France as soon as possible. This is to allow a Serbian front and more strain on the Austria-Hungarian Empire like in real life.

Extra Rules-
      1. Post once every two days in the newspaper at least.
      2. NO CHEESE! Do not Right of Way with all small countries at the beginning of the game! Allies can Right of Way Portugal, Romania, Greece, and Belgium. Central Powers can Right of Way Bulgaria. Neutral Powers CAN NOT Right of Way anyone until they join a faction!
      3. Remember, this is not an actual rendition of WW1. It is also slightly unrealistic, with tanks and bombers and all, but eh, I've never been much of a stickler for following stuff perfectly historical. If you don't like it, don't play it.

The fighting starts on Day 5 and ends when one faction is destroyed or defeated.

Please accept my dearest apologies as to how the other match went. I did not foresee iodine being such a problem. I have messaged him via Community- Messages barring him from joining again. It seems harsh, but is needed. Also, please comment if I've missed anything! Thanks!
      It's been a while
    • Since we can re-choose countries, and the leader of France is gone, I would like to play as France seeing as though we have no-one to play as it and I was also slightly tired of playing as Turkey.

First come, first serve to the countries.
      It's been a while
    • Well i shall claim Germany again, we were just getting to the good part in the last one where i get to play the villain Muhahaha. Also you said no light tanks, did you mean all tanks (light, medium and heavy) or just light tanks

Forum Gang Divine Entity :00000156:

Taking over the Forum 1 post at a time.
    • tbh light tanks, or any tanks shouldn't be allowed until 1915, and they must have inf with them to slow them down since irl they weren't very fast at all
      How many regert electing the current US president, and if not, please, tell me why you havent yet, id love to here you, hopefully smart answer.
    • And I'll be the Austrian again, it was a bit hard to capture what I needed in the allotted time, but with there being only half of Czechoslovakia and Austria basically being free, it'll help out a bit
      "A knight cannot save the world. They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield."

"Honor? Glory? There's no point in speaking to a killer who indulges in such nonsense."

"It's a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated"
    • aDudeWhoDoesThings wrote:

And I'll be the Austrian again, it was a bit hard to capture what I needed in the allotted time, but with there being only half of Czechoslovakia and Austria basically being free, it'll help out a bit
      Okay!

So we have:

France- purplepizza117
      Germany- Ellio98
      Sweden- Lieutenant Henry
      Austria-Hungary- ADudeWhoDoesThings
      Spain- kingjoe1077
      USA- ?
      Turkey- ?
      Russia- ?
      UK- ?
      Italy- ?
      It's been a while
    • I guess I'll be UK again. Since France is not bad guy, it'll work this time.

Might I suggest instead of "getting rid" of existing equipment (bombers, light tanks, etc...), since to do so means to throw them into a war early on, how about these rules:

Either:
      No NEW light tanks and existing light tanks may only defensively hold your own core provinces positions (to represent emplaced non-mobile units, maybe).
      OR
      All light tanks are OK, but they can never attack, only defend.

It just seems pointless and overly-difficult to eliminate existing stuff.

For tac and strategic bombers (any kind), let them patrol core provinces only and never go offensive (i know, pointless for strategic bombers, but they can do a little something on defense).

Or, better yet, let tac and strategic bombers do what they are supposed to do from the era (bombers played little significance but did some damage) by letting them be bombers but they may only attack control points and/or units that are no more than one province outside of owned contiguous borders territory (they can't re=base to remote provinces and can't attack remote enemies).

For naval bombers they may only patrol and must be patrolling only over a coastal port of a core province (centered on the port icon).

Also, SP-AA's and SP-AT's should be allowed but can only be used defensively (i.e, they can rush to the defensive front because they are fast, but they can't attack, only defend).

For mechanized infantry, like the SP's, they may only defend but represent a stronger infantry unit that happens to be able to rush to the defensive line faster.

Since many units are quite unrealistic to the era, it's quite hard to restrict so many unit types from this game for a WWI match. So, adapting some of them should make it a little easier for those of us less familiar with the rules.

To sum up my suggestions then:

No nuclear anything
      No rocket anything
      Tactical and Strategic Bombers can attack no further than one province outside of contiguous national borders.
      Naval Bombers can only patrol and only over core province seaports
      Light tanks can only defend
      Self-Propelled Anti-Tanks and Anti-Air can only defend.
      Mechanized Infantry can only defend
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Oh, and for the existing match, why not just let it be like a regular match and come what may. The new match will follow the rules better.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Diabolical wrote:

Oh, and for the existing match, why not just let it be like a regular match and come what may. The new match will follow the rules better.
      How do you mean?

Diabolical wrote:

Or, better yet, let tac and strategic bombers do what they are supposed to do from the era (bombers played little significance but did some damage) by letting them be bombers but they may only attack control points and/or units that are no more than one province outside of owned contiguous borders territory (they can't re=base to remote provinces and can't attack remote enemies).
      Tactical bombers, I feel, are slightly overpowered in the sense that if you don't have an AA unit handy in every stack, so I don't think even rendering them almost useless to one border province would underpowered them.

But I like your train of thought with not throwing things away... on the other hand, I still think light tanks would be overpowered even with being solely defence.
      It's been a while