Why is everyone so toxic?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why is everyone so toxic?

I've literally gotten into around 5 or 4 dramas in this game. (Yes I'm a beginner). And so many of the people causing the drama keep making fun of my stats. Like, who cares? If a person with 2x better stats than you comes, what would you do? Plus, how are you gonna cyberbully someone in a WW2 simulation game. Some people are just so toxic. Making fun of stats and spamming newspapers with weird stuff. THE NEWSPAPERS IS FOR NEWS AND A PERSON TOLD ME THAT WAS SPAMMING.
    • Heh, you must have been very unlucky? Having bad stats is a reason to be invaded (simply because you are seen as an attractive target), but not to be shamed. I'd never do so myself (I'm L149, K/D 2), and I didn't see that being done very often.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Just ignore them and have fun. Look at my stats, they are trash. Yet I would probably stomp 99%of players in 1v1 this game without gold usage. Stats are indicators for people who care about them, not of who plays good.
      People who do not understand this and play for stats usually end playing as soon as someone is better.
    • MrMellking wrote:

I've literally gotten into around 5 or 4 dramas in this game. (Yes I'm a beginner). And so many of the people causing the drama keep making fun of my stats. Like, who cares?
      It seemed you cared enough to come over to the forums

MrMellking wrote:

If a person with 2x better stats than you comes, what would you do?
      Depending. If it's like lvl 2 vs lvl 4, then there's absolutely no difference. If it's lvl 60 vs 120, there is a gap in experience, but not necessarily an advantage.

MrMellking wrote:

How are you gonna cyberbully someone in a WW2 simulation game. Some people are just so toxic.
      You're literally describing any other MMO game, or even old 2010 multiplayer consoles. Yes, cyberbullying is bad, but it seems the issue doesn't stem on hate but rather arrogance based on how you describe these 'bullies'. A-holes? Probably. Bullies? A bit of a stretch for making a fun out of an artificial metric.

MrMellking wrote:

Making fun of stats and spamming newspapers with weird stuff.
      Just report if this weird stuff delves into NSFW territory.

MrMellking wrote:

THE NEWSPAPERS IS FOR NEWS AND A PERSON TOLD ME THAT WAS SPAMMING.
      Not really just for news only. It can act as a nation roleplay, alliance/trade demands and public conversations to other players. Especially Historic World War.
    • If these are your statistics, then I will tell you what I think about you.
      1. You are an attractive target to attack.
      2. You probably leave the game after a few days.
      3. Your attacks consist of sending a stream of units to the enemy.
      4. You can't use units properly.

What's wrong with the fact that you only won 1 out of 180 games?
    • wojtata2 wrote:

If these are your statistics, then I will tell you what I think about you.
      1. You are an attractive target to attack.
      2. You probably leave the game after a few days.
      3. Your attacks consist of sending a stream of units to the enemy.
      4. You can't use units properly.
      5. You probably more interested in HWW and very role play oriented map lobbies. Hence your punctuation on the newspaper. And so, you stop playing most games after 3 days at the latest.
      6. You don't know how diplomacy works
      7. Based on your military statistics, you have a 0.38 K/D against player when it comes to regular infantry. In fact, you lost more units than you defeated in most PvP metrics. Destroying 249 regular infantry and losing 242 of your own in terms of AI statistics is actually an awful ratio, even for newbie standards.
      8. You have a complete disregard to the economic of Call of War. Only a total construction of 9 rural factories and 2 urban factories out of 180 games.
      Images
      • Call of War.png

83.51 kB, 265×196, viewed 530 times
    • You'll find the worse and best of any community where ever you go. One tactic that worked for me when I had garbage stats (and arguably still do), was to be ultra polite with my diplomatic messages no matter how provocative they tried to be.
      Make HWW all in, a staple gamemode :thumbup:
    • When I see new players with no stats, or players with bad stats (because they don't understand the game), I do one of two things:

1. If they are next to me, eat them as soon as possible, before someone else does.
      2. If they are far away, help them out. Tell them what to build, how to look up unit stats, how to use land/sea/air units.

I want this community to grow. If someone is generally friendly and communicative, I want them to stay and get better at the game. This will make CoW better for all of us.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

When I see new players with no stats, or players with bad stats (because they don't understand the game), I do one of two things:

1. If they are next to me, eat them as soon as possible, before someone else does.
      2. If they are far away, help them out. Tell them what to build, how to look up unit stats, how to use land/sea/air units.

I want this community to grow. If someone is generally friendly and communicative, I want them to stay and get better at the game. This will make CoW better for all of us.
      Except for the ones affected by point 1.
    • Well he does have bad stats indeed, but I also have bad stats and have seen people pretty surprised at my level of play... stats don't speak just of your strength but also your playstyle, eg. if you quit games once everyone goes inactive then you might have fewer wins but still be strong. It's hard to tell. I used to have a 1.4k/1.6k k/d and then jumped to like 2.5k/2k, so you never know who's making a comeback.

The inf ratio vs AI and the 9 rural/2 city industries speaks a lot though. Not sure I have a much better one tho... I got it rigged in a Classic game vs like 12 AI in endgame... that was annoying lol.
      "In CoW, don't stamp on things before looking. Rakes are everywhere!"

"Don't underestimate noobs; if they don't know what they're doing, how can you?"

Hornetkeeper