All countries feel the same in resources

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• All countries feel the same in resources

I remember before 1.5 update countries used to have different resource values but now it feels as if all countries have the same number of resources. I feel like it doesn't matter so much anymore what country you pick like before. Makes the game boring imo
    • Absolutely agree, I believe some countries should have a more significant advantage/disadvantage on certain resources. It does not feel like that and it is way too common that nations would always lack goods, foods and manpower despite having recruitment centers/industries.

Unless you give away and build a bunch of heavy tanks/battleships, you will always have a surplus on oil and metal (or it will always be the "limiting reagant" of building new units/buildings) . It is coming to the point where you are only managing certain resources and not so much for the others.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Unless you give away and build a bunch of heavy tanks/battleships, you will always have a surplus on oil and metal (or it will always be the "limiting reagant" of building new units/buildings) . It is coming to the point where you are only managing certain resources and not so much for the others.
      That's the only time I've seen limiting reagent used outside of my chem lectures lol. But I do have to agree. It seems like it's always one particular resource I'm running out of/have way too much of. Maybe a rebalancing of unit costs would be a better way to fix the issue though, as creating imbalance between nations from the start isn't exactly conducive to a good mp strategy game

The post was edited 1 time, last by newbgamer101: Typo ().

• I think creating resource imbalances between nations is a good thing. It makes nations different and makes the strategies different too. All the nations in COW feel the same and boring only doctorine matters. Before some nations used to dominate one resource but lack another resource now every nation is basically the same.
    • zecevi123 wrote:

I think creating resource imbalances between nations is a good thing. It makes nations different and makes the strategies different too. All the nations in COW feel the same and boring only doctorine matters. Before some nations used to dominate one resource but lack another resource now every nation is basically the same.
      This is unrelated, but I can’t take you seriously with that profile pic.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • zecevi123 wrote:

I think creating resource imbalances between nations is a good thing. It makes nations different and makes the strategies different too. All the nations in COW feel the same and boring only doctorine matters. Before some nations used to dominate one resource but lack another resource now every nation is basically the same.
      I would keep it realistic though, eg. Caucasus has a lot of oil, ukraine has a lot of food, stuff like that
    • We would need an active market for this, not the dead one like it is now. The order entry fee would need to be changed to an order execution fee, to allow placing market orders for free if they don't get executed (just like any succesful market/stock exchange/trading place does).
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • AstonJamerson wrote:

zecevi123 wrote:

I would keep it realistic though, eg. Caucasus has a lot of oil, ukraine has a lot of food, stuff like that
      Me too, also it used to be like that before 1.5 update just like how you described Caucasus and Ukraine.