What is your perfect 10 stack of units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pilgrim2 wrote:

Britishempire2005 wrote:

I miss the days when you could stack like 100 troops and it wouldn't slow them down lmao
    I mean take 100 Tactical Bombers will take down any land unit lol
    You do realize that it is a squadron of bombers and not a single bomber? 100×12 about 1200 bombers! The ghost of Ukraine will take them all down :)
    I’m pointing out when you could stack a ton of troops and it wouldn’t effect the speed
    If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
    “The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.”
    "There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others."
    "Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great."
    "Never was anything great achieved without danger."
    Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many.
    -Niccolò Machiavelli
  • TheeGreenBean wrote:

If your stack is over 10, doesn't the game decide which 10 units to use depending on the battle? Or is that not how that works. Thought it's kinda like battle width.
    The game picks out the strongest 10 units in the stack to fight the specific opponent and uses those.
    Kind regards,
    Donk
    Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
    Україні!

• Yeah, so you can put more than 10 units in a stack to make it more effective. If you put anti air into the unit and it makes it over 10 units, it would be better than it's 10 unit counter part. This also works with artillery, if you shoot from range and have 10 art + other units (although if it looks like enemy is coming at you with faster units, you should detach art and pull them a bit back). Having a 30 stack of naval units of cruisers, destroyers and battleships also isn't bad. As it can basically run through whatever the enemy tries to throw at you, plus depending on different battles (i.e., submarines coming at you), you can detach one type of unit to face the enemy head on while letting the rest shoot from range (although you should detach cruisers from battle ships to make sure you're getting all your damage in). Also works if you have subs, you can ram them into some battleships, and while they're in battle they can't shoot back at your own naval units that are firing at them. So playing with stacks over 10 is good if you know what you're doing (although this is obviously late game type of stacks).
  • So far the toughest stack for me to crack is the guy I am playing now: 1 60 stack, 1 40 stack, and 1 22 stack and 1 20 stack. And that is just near me. All tanks are elite. All others are level 3. Just TRY to beat that, without nukes.
    Guy has to have spent $100s on gold. I watch ads for gold and am good at managing that. I have been active & still have nothing near what this guy has. He is slaughtering a coalition of 3 single handedly. And in his core, he has nothing (per my military spies) and when I land, I am hit with multiple 10 stacks that weren't in existence 20 minutes ago.

Therefore, the best stack is the ones made with gold. IF you for sure value that type of win. There is no beating it. Gladly, I haven't seen this too often.
    Player Name: MosheDyan68
    ID: 30148568

Have fun. Stay young. Follow Jesus.
  • Britishempire2005 wrote:

Pilgrim2 wrote:

Britishempire2005 wrote:

I miss the days when you could stack like 100 troops and it wouldn't slow them down lmao
    You do realize that it is a squadron of bombers and not a single bomber? 100×12 about 1200 bombers! The ghost of Ukraine will take them all down :)
    I’m pointing out when you could stack a ton of troops and it wouldn’t effect the speed
    no but it only conts 10 units
  • B-25 Mitchell wrote:

Britishempire2005 wrote:

Pilgrim2 wrote:

Britishempire2005 wrote:

They are talking about before that mechanic was added.
    Kind regards,
    Donk
    Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
    Україні!

• My best perfect stack is the same as the one mentioned above: 8 cruisers and 2 destroyers. Pretty much unkillable in the hands of an active player :D
    Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
  • The perfect 10 stack for land is 3 Motorized Infantry, 4 Light tanks, 2 Medium Tanks, 1 Commando
    The Best possible 10 stack for sea is 4 Battleships, 2 Submarines, 2 Destroyers, 2 Cruisers.
    The best 10 stack for air is 3 Interceptors, 2 Strategic Bomber, 2 Tactical Bombers, 2 Attack Bombers, 1 Naval Bomber.
    (All Units are in the Axis Doctrine, and are personally my best.)
    Average_Luz
  • Average_Luz wrote:

The perfect 10 stack for land is 3 Motorized Infantry, 4 Light tanks, 2 Medium Tanks, 1 Commando
    The Best possible 10 stack for sea is 4 Battleships, 2 Submarines, 2 Destroyers, 2 Cruisers.
    The best 10 stack for air is 3 Interceptors, 2 Strategic Bomber, 2 Tactical Bombers, 2 Attack Bombers, 1 Naval Bomber.
    (All Units are in the Axis Doctrine, and are personally my best.)
    Hold up, that's how you invade???

I could easily destroy you with just airplanes alone. Tac Bombers for the Mot Inf and Commando (why even bother with the commando ;-;), Attack Bombers for the Tanks, Interceptors for the planes, and Naval Bombers for the ships (even with the cruisers a 10 stack or even a 5 stack could easily destroy them) (and why bother putting the subs with the other ships ;-;).

Why does this bug me so much ARGH

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

o7
  • TheeGreenBean wrote:

Tbh I don't bother with attack bombers. Tanks have such low air defense that just focusing on getting high level tact bombers is usually good enough.
    Good till the point when the SPAA comes zooming in faster than the USSR can eat up Eastern Europe.

o7
  • Donk2.0 wrote:

B-25 Mitchell wrote:

Britishempire2005 wrote:

Pilgrim2 wrote:

Britishempire2005 wrote:

They are talking about before that mechanic was added.
    Ohhhhh
  • movement speed has ALWAYS been limited to the slowest unit in a stack.

prior to the "best 10 unit" limitation, there were reductions in damage efficiency as units were added to a stack.
    the formulas for those reductions were extremely complex, and not understood by 95% of the player base.
  • Donk2.0 wrote:

Mongrel wrote:

5 motorized inf, 5anti tank, 5 AA
    The motorized variant, yes?
    Ah yes, the mythical motorised anti tank ^^

o7