Why most players go inactive after just five days in game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm with you guys. Total mystery to me. If you start something, finish it, or at least make a better attempt.

I get it for first time players. My first game, I didn't understand the timeline, and joined three days before a planned vacation. I had to drop. Since then, I've only archived one game after encountering the biggest credit card commander I've ever seen.
    • One reason is players just get burnt out, call of war is a literal RTS meaning you got no breaks in between. Sure it may seem fun initially but if you don't pace yourself and be too active at the start many players just resign mid/late game.

Another reason is quite a few players play multiple games at the same time. If they see they're not performing well in the game, they might just discard the game and focus their attention on another, especially if they don't care about their KD.

Another reason is players joining a new game may not get their desired country, instead they have to select a random country, they might move a few troops which registers them as a player in the game and then get bored easily/leave straight away, which will show them as inactive after the first 2 days. I mean would you want to spend a month playing a country that you didn't want like Xianjiang or rather spend an hour searching through games until you get germany. :P
      Make HWW all in, a staple gamemode :thumbup:

The post was edited 3 times, last by Nadda ().

• papihanz wrote:

would make it a bit different if some high level players flooded the map
      Join the PL for that))) Adrenaline fiesta, even at 1x speed.

Seriously though, so many free games around, people join like 6 or 10 of them at the same time, and don't even remember the site to return to in the morning. Happened to me on CoN. Started, wasn't interested, never returned.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

papihanz wrote:

would make it a bit different if some high level players flooded the map
      Join the PL for that))) Adrenaline fiesta, even at 1x speed.
      Seriously though, so many free games around, people join like 6 or 10 of them at the same time, and don't even remember the site to return to in the morning. Happened to me on CoN. Started, wasn't interested, never returned.
      I've joined there, and now almost gone from first event map, lol
    • ThisIsNotGrandEmpire wrote:

I joined CoN, left, came back a few months later and I had conquered the world as Nigeria.

Still no idea what the heck happened.
      In CoN if you leave there is a chance you get replaced with a better player, I joined as Russia (seemed like I replaced someone) and ended up winning. As you have a chance to join throughout the first week, I think thats what happened to you. Or maybe the players are just bad.
    • Kyrollous wrote:

It's just lame...
      In this round it was a 100 player world at war....now the active players are only 40....like hardly 10 were taken out it's a full fledged 50 people just left without losing or anything...why?
      Bytro has a lot of ads on the game so people keep clicking and play for one day but most of the time they think the time isn't worth it. Other situations are that people got bored with their bad skills so they quitted the game.
    • All sorts of reasons I’ve seen. Joining the wrong game, not getting the Country they wanted, getting bored and leaving early, life making them go inactive, and many other reasons. All of this and more ends up reducing the amount of players heavily.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate