Is Mechanized Infantry worth it?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is Mechanized Infantry worth it?

So, normally when I play I don't bother making Mech. Inf., usually just sticking with Mot. Inf. and a mixture of Med. and Light Tanks (among other units obviously). Lately on the forums I see other players recommend using Mech. instead. Besides the straightforward fact that it is a light armour class, why else should I use it? Is it the stats, the speed, the damage :/
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Going with mechs does require a little more scouting with interceptors to avoid those anti tanks but they are tougher units ( more hitpoints ).

Compare 2 blue print mechs against 1 blue print armor car and 1 blue print light tank.

Mech. 188 hit points, 88 speed, 48 strenght vs inf., 28 light armor, 22 hvy arm, 22 planes

Arm. car plus light tank. 94 speed, 32/33 ( defense/offense ) vs inf., 27/31 vs lght armor, 16/17 vs hvy arm., and 14.5 planes. Together they have 170 hit points.

2 Motor inf. 130 hitpoints. 108 speed, 30/46 ( defense/offense ) vs inf, 18/28 vs arm, 14/22 vs hvy arm, 14 vs planes

So they can take more hits, and have more strength ( or close ) attacking and defending against all other units. Air defense is really good.

I like the armored car but it is good to run it with an SP artillery to ensure it is always on defense when attacked. With the mech, attacking or defending is the same. May be a little slower but still faster then a blue print medium tank.

The post was edited 3 times, last by ender611 ().

• _Pyth0n_ wrote:

So, normally when I play I don't bother making Mech. Inf., usually just sticking with Mot. Inf. and a mixture of Med. and Light Tanks (among other units obviously). Lately on the forums I see other players recommend using Mech. instead. Besides the straightforward fact that it is a light armour class, why else should I use it? Is it the stats, the speed, the damage :/
      i do not use mech inf anymore just go and research the highest level of motor inf to take land quickly and also armered cars to the highest level for fast land grabbing
    • A Eastman wrote:

_Pyth0n_ wrote:

i do not use mech inf anymore just go and research the highest level of motor inf to take land quickly and also armered cars to the highest level for fast land grabbing
      That is how I play, but am thinking about revising it...
      I guess it just depends on playstyle, if you favour speed or HPs.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • I recently tried mech inf again in a game. I was pretty big (think continents) and I had armored cars as well. In the end, I was happier (again) about the AC's than about the mech.inf, though that was mostly because I was rushing a lot of land. They're considerable faster, and when you meet resistance, a single mech will break few units that a single AC can't. Of course they were all high level by then.

There were a few instances where I merged a few mechs AND AC's to a stack of like 4-8 units, and those were pretty deadly in cases where I was rushing ahead of the airstrip construction, actually better than EITHER AC OR mech stacks.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.