Supply Lines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DecendedDemon wrote:

i disagree, i think its a bad idea, buckling somebody's entire frontline by applying overwhelming force and then blitzing through their territory before they can recover is exactly how you go about defeating militairly and economically superior oponent in this game, if you're forced to stop because your guys start starving if you dont for however long it takes to build supply depots on a just conqeured region you're gonne get bogged down in attrition fighting against a economically superior oponent, i do think their should be a attrition aswell as speed penalty for units that are cut off from any other territory you own because i do admit its really annoying to have to scramble because the guy you're absulutely crushing otherwise managed to get 1 AC past your troops and i making a B line to city snake you, i do think their should be a mechanic where cutting off their snake trail isloating them causes problems for such a unit but as long as you're making a large coordinated and concentrated push where you maintain control of everything you're taking and nothing gets cut off no supply mechanic should force you to stop, it makes the challenge of toppling a superior oponent even more daunting when you're forced to stop exploiting the opening you made and have the guy regroup and recover while you're waiting for like 14 hours on those supply depots
      Thats how the Germans lost in Russia. Just as U said they believed that their overwhelming force would allow them to disregard supply line issues. They failed to take into consideration how much issues they would have.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

DecendedDemon wrote:

i disagree, i think its a bad idea, buckling somebody's entire frontline by applying overwhelming force and then blitzing through their territory before they can recover is exactly how you go about defeating militairly and economically superior oponent in this game, if you're forced to stop because your guys start starving if you dont for however long it takes to build supply depots on a just conqeured region you're gonne get bogged down in attrition fighting against a economically superior oponent, i do think their should be a attrition aswell as speed penalty for units that are cut off from any other territory you own because i do admit its really annoying to have to scramble because the guy you're absulutely crushing otherwise managed to get 1 AC past your troops and i making a B line to city snake you, i do think their should be a mechanic where cutting off their snake trail isloating them causes problems for such a unit but as long as you're making a large coordinated and concentrated push where you maintain control of everything you're taking and nothing gets cut off no supply mechanic should force you to stop, it makes the challenge of toppling a superior oponent even more daunting when you're forced to stop exploiting the opening you made and have the guy regroup and recover while you're waiting for like 14 hours on those supply depots
      Thats how the Germans lost in Russia. Just as U said they believed that their overwhelming force would allow them to disregard supply line issues. They failed to take into consideration how much issues they would have.
      this isnt actually WW2, matches can easily take weeks as it is. imagine having to stop for like full day for every 4 or so regions you push into enemy territory to build supply depots to maintain supply while fighting a huge oponent can you imagine fighting the soviet union as romania in the historic mode? its already hard enough to win as it is but possible if you play your cards right, imagine having to stop before you even reach stalino because of supply and then then despair as a new wave of like 17 mediums arrive he could make in the time you HAD to stop and then if you do beat that wave for day 2 well good job, we've taken stalino here's 20 more for day 3 its gonne take you a full week of this near unwinnable fighting attritional fighting DAY AFTER DAY to reach moscow, if you can come out on top with a david vs goliath situation you deserve the win case and point, you dont go on a forum suggesting to take davids slingshot away, it depends on how many regions this supply line can go before it overextended but for it have any effect it should start 4 regions from the nearest depot, if a gaint like the soviet unit gets pushed 4 regions he can laugh it off and try again 3 days in a row atleast before he's actually getting crippled, if romania gets pushed 4 regions into their core tho? yeah, they just lost GG EZ the only people that want a supply line system are people that were or created a huge country and then got wiped out by an underdog, keep your hearts of iron out of my call of war, higher level units costing more and longer to build aswell as needing to do field upgrades instead of everything receiving a global upgrade upon completion like in the old days really has to be as far the logistical challenge in this game goes, anymore and ill stop playing simple as that
    • DecendedDemon wrote:

vietcong2005 wrote:

DecendedDemon wrote:

this isnt actually WW2, matches can easily take weeks as it is. imagine having to stop for like full day for every 4 or so regions you push into enemy territory to build supply depots to maintain supply while fighting a huge oponent can you imagine fighting the soviet union as romania in the historic mode? its already hard enough to win as it is but possible if you play your cards right, imagine having to stop before you even reach stalino because of supply and then then despair as a new wave of like 17 mediums arrive he could make in the time you HAD to stop and then if you do beat that wave for day 2 well good job, we've taken stalino here's 20 more for day 3 its gonne take you a full week of this near unwinnable fighting attritional fighting DAY AFTER DAY to reach moscow, if you can come out on top with a david vs goliath situation you deserve the win case and point, you dont go on a forum suggesting to take davids slingshot away, it depends on how many regions this supply line can go before it overextended but for it have any effect it should start 4 regions from the nearest depot, if a gaint like the soviet unit gets pushed 4 regions he can laugh it off and try again 3 days in a row atleast before he's actually getting crippled, if romania gets pushed 4 regions into their core tho? yeah, they just lost GG EZ the only people that want a supply line system are people that were or created a huge country and then got wiped out by an underdog, keep your hearts of iron out of my call of war, higher level units costing more and longer to build aswell as needing to do field upgrades instead of everything receiving a global upgrade upon completion like in the old days really has to be as far the logistical challenge in this game goes, anymore and ill stop playing simple as that
      You don't have to stop for a full day. The suggestion didn't propose any of that. It would only stop healing, which is quite negligible if you have a large unit stack as enemy units will barely do any damage. Plus CON doesn't even allow healing without hospitals, but everything was fine. Plus you ain't the David, you are the Goliath because your invading. You seem to have completely misinterpreted what the suggestion actually meant.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

DecendedDemon wrote:

vietcong2005 wrote:

DecendedDemon wrote:

You don't have to stop for a full day. The suggestion didn't propose any of that. It would only stop healing, which is quite negligible if you have a large unit stack as enemy units will barely do any damage. Plus CON doesn't even allow healing without hospitals, but everything was fine. Plus you ain't the David, you are the Goliath because your invading. You seem to have completely misinterpreted what the suggestion actually meant.
      This is getting out of hand!
      Make HWW all in, a staple gamemode :thumbup:
    • Nadda wrote:

vietcong2005 wrote:

DecendedDemon wrote:

vietcong2005 wrote:

DecendedDemon wrote:

This is getting out of hand!
      I know! It's crazy!
    • DecendedDemon wrote:

Zaktty wrote:

2.0 update is literally the best time to add them.

Please add supply lines with the new map.
      FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO
      There's a good reason why games like Hoi4 or any grand stratergy game is better than Cow. Simply because of how unrealistic warfare is in Cow. No encirclements, no supply lines, and no strategical features. The game has basically devolved into rushing and spamming, suiting the person with more units. Games were actually fun back then when they lasted for 100-300 days back in 1.0. It is strange to me that y'all want to ignore the most feature in warfare: logistics. I propose that a decrease in health will only start when 2 days after the unit has not stopped and resupplied. If the unit is healing it cannot resupply. If the unit has been encircled then the unit will lose 10% heath per hour. Well no it won't devolve into attritional fighting if you know how to fight right.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

There's a good reason why games like Hoi4 or any grand stratergy game is better than Cow. Simply because of how unrealistic warfare is in Cow. No encirclements, no supply lines, and no strategical features. The game has basically devolved into rushing and spamming, suiting the person with more units. Games were actually fun back then when they lasted for 100-300 days back in 1.0. It is strange to me that y'all want to ignore the most feature in warfare: logistics. I propose that a decrease in health will only start when 2 days after the unit has not stopped and resupplied. If the unit is healing it cannot resupply. If the unit has been encircled then the unit will lose 10% heath per hour. Well no it won't devolve into attritional fighting if you know how to fight right.
      If you know how to fight right, it won't devolve into spamming either. This game isn't HOI, it's COW. If you like the way HOI does things, play HOI. Adding attrition and logi to COW is a significant change to how the game will be played and will turn off a lot of COW players.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

There's a good reason why games like Hoi4 or any grand stratergy game is better than Cow.
      You also fail to mention that HOI4 is a paid game is supported by a ton of software engineers and is a vastly richer company in paradox.

On the other hand Call of war is a free browser/mobile game that relies on income from Ad and gold and while HOI4 has unit animations Call of war has some static unit pictures fighting.
      plus @freezy has said and time and time again that call of war code is limited

Simply put you cannot compare a 5 star restaurant to a restaurant down the street
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara
    • Well to be frank, I personally feel CoW is a much better game than HoI. I lost interest in HoI after a few months, and CoW has kept my interest for six years now, so that's quite a magnitude of "better game" actually. I really don't want to decide how many rifles I'm going to produce, what kind of torpedo tubes my ships will mount, or the exact composition of an armored division (especially if there is a sore lack of documentation on how that composition affects performance). CoW manages to stay away frmo that kind of micro management while still providing a wealth of depth and options... where else can you find that?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Encirculments were huge deal in WW2 and overall in wars.
      May be supply lines would be complex however they could add something like -20/30% on all stats when unit is in province that is completely surrounded by enemy provinces on all units except on let's say havy tanks and paratroopers.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • newbgamer101 wrote:

vietcong2005 wrote:

If you know how to fight right, it won't devolve into spamming either. This game isn't HOI, it's COW. If you like the way HOI does things, play HOI. Adding attrition and logi to COW is a significant change to how the game will be played and will turn off a lot of COW players.
      The ads on TikTok already turn off plenty. But on a serious note, this game is considered HOI4 knock off regardless of these feature, so at this points it might as well live up to its reputation. Supply lines won't be overly complex. You don't have to worry about war goals and sh*t like that even with this feature. The purpose of a supply line is to provide more stratergies and methods. Without supply lines this game will devolve into arty and plane spam.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Well to be frank, I personally feel CoW is a much better game than HoI. I lost interest in HoI after a few months, and CoW has kept my interest for six years now, so that's quite a magnitude of "better game" actually. I really don't want to decide how many rifles I'm going to produce, what kind of torpedo tubes my ships will mount, or the exact composition of an armored division (especially if there is a sore lack of documentation on how that composition affects performance). CoW manages to stay away frmo that kind of micro management while still providing a wealth of depth and options... where else can you find that?
      Of course I don't want the same complexity as HOI4 in COW. It would be far too complex. However, COW does need some strategical depth such as encirclements and supply lines to simulate World War II properly. It isn't a matter of HOI4 or not, but rather an improvement in game.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

Of course I don't want the same complexity as HOI4 in COW. It would be far too complex. However, COW does need some strategical depth such as encirclements and supply lines to simulate World War II properly. It isn't a matter of HOI4 or not, but rather an improvement in game.
      It isn't a matter of improvement. You're not saying that a unit is useless or too op and needs to be balanced. You're not saying that an economy tweak would be welcome, or that a new unit would be useful to mix up the meta a little. What you suggest is a significant and unnecessary change to the game.

I'm sure the devs sat down to discuss what kind of game they wanted to make, and how detailed it should be. If the devs wanted to go the HOI route, they would have by now. That's not something that the devs wouldn't have thought of or that didn't play out as intended. It's not a long shot to say that they had a discussion about supply lines etc at some point and deliberately decided against it. I understand that attrition, supply, encirclements, etc played huge parts in wars, but that's not what this game is about. Sure COW isn't as detailed as HOI or The Campaign for North Africa, but it's not checkers either. It is it's own game, a good middleman that a lot of people can and do enjoy.