Normal artillery (or even SP artillery) Vs railroad guns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Normal artillery (or even SP artillery) Vs railroad guns

Should one focus on building and researching railroad guns or ordinary artillery?
      After all normal artillery gets equal in power to railroad guns hardly at day 14...and are quite stronger after that in technically all stats....in the meanwhile railroads are available at day 4...
      That's 10 days of super powerful artillery without competition...but then after day 14 normal artillery is more powerful per cost...
      Or actually with upgrade costs normal artillery the costs get equal....so for cheaper costs building and/or upgrading already built normal artillery must be postponed to cut down costs...
      I can't decide which is better... normal artillery full research just looks so expensive and pays out much much later...but in the end railroads end up getting medicore if we consider power per costs in the end game....
      Which do you think is the better option?
    • I just go straight to rocket artillery. Much better against infantry and light armor than Artillery is. Not too much worse against Heavy armor. A little bit more expensive but worth it to me.

If it's just between RR and artillery I would go for artillery in stacks. Faster, cheaper, quicker to produce.