Patrol damage question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Patrol damage question

So we all know that you are getting far more net damage from patrolling rather than attacking with planes, but....

Are ground units doing full defense damage vs. patrolling planes each time the plane attacks? Knowing that the plane is dealing incremental damage, I would suspect they take incremental damage, but I haven't labbed it out to test the theory.
    • Yes. planes on patrol do 50% of their damage while in return taking 50% damage. I have just finished 2 games where my air forces patrolled and killed multiple enemy units and only in one attack instance did I ever see what I would consider excessive damage but it might have just been an anomaly.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

planes on patrol do 50% of their damage while in return taking 50% damage.
      the documentation claims that planes on patrol do 25% damage every 15 minutes.
      not clear if this has been adjusted since the hourly battle timer was reduced to 30 minutes.
      very difficult to test the damage ground units inflict on the patrolling aircraft, due to the
      poor battle reports.
    • Iirc the change was in one of the Release notes. Sometimes the older documentation is not updated everywhere and old information still exist. I basis my knowledge of the damage taken by aircraft on direct observation of units in combat (not battle reports) in addition to the documentation.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel