How to defeat OP Bomber Stacks?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to defeat OP Bomber Stacks?

I just got absolutely destroyed by a player who was using massive stacks of tactical bombers. He had about 23 level 3 or four tactical bombers split into 3 stacks with 11, 8, and 4. Idk how he had so many by day 7 but that's besides the point. I tried to counter with 2 or 3 level two interceptors, but they were basically insta killed. My anti-air died before it could inflict significant damage.

Is there anything else I could do? Should I upgrade anti-air more and use more interceptors? He attacked by surprise so I hadn't really build a suitable air force to counter yet, I was just throwing my interceptors at his bombers as soon as they came off the production line in stacks of ones. I'm not really used to seeing these huge stacks of air force so I was kinda caught off guard. Maybe next time I need to focus on air defense more?

Thanks
    • spam lvl 1 tacs > Upgrade them

And if he had HC that may be another factor.

Any nation requires a sufficient airforce and that only might not be enough, you need to know how to use it and have lvl 3 airbases spread around your country.

Also in the newspaper you can learn alot about your enemies units by seeing what they utilize.
      Hi there, My name is FluffehPfannkuchen, I have a youtube channel where i post mainly Call of War content, Link if you wanna check it out youtube.com/channel/UCEaA29L_SzU3HqqlqjtW8Vg
    • T-3PO wrote:

I just got absolutely destroyed by a player who was using massive stacks of tactical bombers. He had about 23 level 3 or four tactical bombers split into 3 stacks with 11, 8, and 4. Idk how he had so many by day 7 but that's besides the point. I tried to counter with 2 or 3 level two interceptors, but they were basically insta killed. My anti-air died before it could inflict significant damage.

Is there anything else I could do? Should I upgrade anti-air more and use more interceptors? He attacked by surprise so I hadn't really build a suitable air force to counter yet, I was just throwing my interceptors at his bombers as soon as they came off the production line in stacks of ones. I'm not really used to seeing these huge stacks of air force so I was kinda caught off guard. Maybe next time I need to focus on air defense more?

Thanks
      No matter how desperate you are, don't throw your fighters one at a time against stacks like that; you will just lose them (tacs have dogfight stats as well you know!) for no significant gain. Control your impulses, and wait till you have a group ready (ideally ten, but sometimes battle urgency makes that go out the window)
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • And don't bother with normal AA, get SP AA as fast as possible, group them in groups of at least 7, and move them to wherever the bombers are patrolling/attacking.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Tolol_aja wrote:

i'll show you how to defeat gigantic tactical bomber stack, check out my playtrough (day15)
      Hard to take you serious when you cant spell check
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • All the 'great tips' with day 15 solution and sp-AA (available early only for axis doctrine) ...

yeah, you managed to get your conclusions on your own more or less. There is not really a good streategy except going for air by yourself and have more meat (airplanes with a lot of HP) in you 'swarm' mixed up with fighterplanes.

Other than that: Check 'The Herald' who is advancing fast with units in the air and/or mix up your groundforces with enough AA units. Also never let them crawl around solo. Group em.
      Hier könnt Ihr ein Support-Ticket erstellen. :00000450:
    • T-3PO wrote:

dw98 wrote:

Hard to take you serious when you cant spell check
      damn you really got him there.
      just call em as I see me
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

T-3PO wrote:

Thanks
      No matter how desperate you are, don't throw your fighters one at a time against stacks like that; you will just lose them (tacs have dogfight stats as well you know!) for no significant gain. Control your impulses, and wait till you have a group ready (ideally ten, but sometimes battle urgency makes that go out the window)
      This is important. Also know that if that player had that many tacs by day 7, they've invested pretty much all of their manpower into their airforce, and probably have literally no other substance to their army. It's a gamble. It works for them as long as you don't invest in a worthy counter production(and stack them). Like @K.Rokossovski wrote, you need stacks, not individuals. Either of interceptors or AA. Infantry AA is super cheap, even when researched, has a crazy city defense bonus, and doubles as halfway decent anti-heavy armor when well researched. The Axis Doctrine also has a great AA boost. The Pan-Asian Doctrine has a great interceptor and naval bomber boost. Look out for the Allies tac-bomber advantage. They're the super dangerous ones in large stacks. You just have to watch the paper for the enemy's army composition and weigh the risks based on the experience and doctrine of nearby players.
      The elephant is the only land mammal that cannot jump.
    • one_leaf wrote:

This is important. Also know that if that player had that many tacs by day 7, they've invested pretty much all of their manpower into their airforce, and probably have literally no other substance to their army. It's a gamble. It works for them as long as you don't invest in a worthy counter production(and stack them). Like @K.Rokossovski wrote, you need stacks, not individuals. Either of interceptors or AA. Infantry AA is super cheap, even when researched, has a crazy city defense bonus, and doubles as halfway decent anti-heavy armor when well researched. The Axis Doctrine also has a great AA boost. The Pan-Asian Doctrine has a great interceptor and naval bomber boost. Look out for the Allies tac-bomber advantage. They're the super dangerous ones in large stacks. You just have to watch the paper for the enemy's army composition and weigh the risks based on the experience and doctrine of nearby players.
      Well, it's been a bit but if I remember correctly they had large armies of commandos and highly researched armored cars. Not too big, I would've been them handily if not for his air force, but big enough that my armies stood no chance against his combined forces.