Playing time and Real Life

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I manage just fine, with hopping on for about 10 minutes in the morning, then for about half an hour in the evening. Maybe, if I get notifications of a massive battle I'll play for a bit longer, but normally I can complete all my tasks and orders within about 30 mins. Using this timing strategy, I have won 5 or 6 games.

Also, anyone want to do a super active RP game?

If so, check in the RP section to join
    • SovietSoldier wrote:

I manage just fine, with hopping on for about 10 minutes in the morning, then for about half an hour in the evening. Maybe, if I get notifications of a massive battle I'll play for a bit longer, but normally I can complete all my tasks and orders within about 30 mins. Using this timing strategy, I have won 5 or 6 games.

Also, anyone want to do a super active RP game?

If so, check in the RP section to join
      This makes me think I am a real noob! :saint: :D
      My army usually is never so strong to beat opponents on a 1st try.

I need to manage units to gain advantages from terrain and send the right units to overcome defenses.

Are you using a specific tactics or you simply stack units and send them out?

Anyway, less than one hour to manage a map is noteworthy.

Maybe I will try it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mark Dethief ().

• I have subtly different tactics when I play different doctrines, but the underlying theme between them is to bombard and retreat. Most of my land units are either scouting units, arty or defensive units for essentially the sole purpose of defending my arty. It often requires me to move multiple units every 30 minutes to avoid getting stuck in melee combat. It requires me to be fairly active. I also try to do a fair amount of opposition research keeping tabs on the newspaper to monitor activity of other players to read the political situation in game.
    • When I get deep into this game, in some periods of my life, theres no sleeping actually, if youre on 3-4 rounds.
      Like 1 hour naps now and then and thats it.
      But without being High Command, I wouldnt imagine doing it, clicking every unit on its own where to go, etc, when ur huge, u cant really micromanage stuff.
      I also use PC version mostly.

I would suggest BytroLabs a solution for the lack of sleep problem with CoW -
      Rounds, which have a certain PEACE TIME period every day, when players cannot DECLARE WAR to other players (but not AI) and attack them, lets say centralized on some GMT zone or whatever. It can be done as round rotation first, to see how it works out.
      This will make many people, who quit the game due to rest issues, continue playing it. Because when u know lets say these 8 hours u can sleep and just fight ur current wars, without people attackin u from random places, then next day if war occurs everyone will be equally focused,etc. Will the game a bit more relaxing and competitive even.

Cheers,
      Radun
    • Hurbala wrote:

Hey all you sleepless victims ^^ are we talking about speed rounds here? Otherwise I don't get it!

I am honest here: I don't know how many hours per day. PI try not to exhaust myself on this wonderful game, but it is hard ;)
      Yea, Speed Rounds need more time managing things.

I am trying to understand if I am spending too much time in Normal Games too.

:D
      Agree about the wonderful game
    • Radun wrote:

When I get deep into this game, in some periods of my life, theres no sleeping actually, if youre on 3-4 rounds.
      Like 1 hour naps now and then and thats it.
      But without being High Command, I wouldnt imagine doing it, clicking every unit on its own where to go, etc, when ur huge, u cant really micromanage stuff.
      I also use PC version mostly.

I would suggest BytroLabs a solution for the lack of sleep problem with CoW -
      Rounds, which have a certain PEACE TIME period every day, when players cannot DECLARE WAR to other players (but not AI) and attack them, lets say centralized on some GMT zone or whatever. It can be done as round rotation first, to see how it works out.
      This will make many people, who quit the game due to rest issues, continue playing it. Because when u know lets say these 8 hours u can sleep and just fight ur current wars, without people attackin u from random places, then next day if war occurs everyone will be equally focused,etc. Will the game a bit more relaxing and competitive even.

Cheers,
      Radun
      I don't know if imposing a Peace Time is a good idea.

In the end this game is about war.

For sure your suggestion can help more players to stay in the game.
    • New

6thDragon wrote:

I have subtly different tactics when I play different doctrines, but the underlying theme between them is to bombard and retreat. Most of my land units are either scouting units, arty or defensive units for essentially the sole purpose of defending my arty. It often requires me to move multiple units every 30 minutes to avoid getting stuck in melee combat. It requires me to be fairly active. I also try to do a fair amount of opposition research keeping tabs on the newspaper to monitor activity of other players to read the political situation in game.

This is the most efficient way to play, in terms of Kill/Loss ratio.
      It's also the most time intensive way.
      It would be nice if we could program artillery to do this automatically.
      Imagine an order to retreat and shoot back along a road.
      It wouldn't be too hard to implement this for a short stretch of roadway.
    • New

Z. Sakki wrote:

Are even still playing at that point?
      I have to agree. Yes it’s boring, but it’s playing the game. Half of the game is strategy, the other half is execution. Yes, it would make my life easier and probably allow a little more sleep, but it would take too much away. Most players agree that activity gives a big advantage and I think it should stay that way.

I’ll admit, I have a premium account and it makes things easier to manage, but I think they have done well preventing it from becoming overpowered. No one likes golders because they’re buying a win on a free game. If they implemented an automated bombard and move every 30 minutes feature, the premium accounts would become buying a win.
    • New

Using real money to automate parts of the game to save time, making it more respectful of my real life, is arguably a good use or real money.

Using real money to create "instant" resources, and build "instant" units and structures, is a douchey use of real money.

The game should encourage healthy play/life balance while keeping the developer profitable. Providing bonus automation features is a good way to do that. Building insta-win cheat codes is a douchey way to do that. I'd like more of the former and less of the latter.