Playing time and Real Life

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Playing time and Real Life

It's two full months I am playing CoW.

I find it very interesting as there are a lot of managerial stuff to study and a lot of tactics too.

The only things I find overwhelming is how much demanding is this game in terms of time spent managing and micromanaging battles, economy, plans.

I like a lot Diplomacy too.
      Talking to people is maybe the thing I appreciate the most.
      But it requires time as well.
      You need to find the right way to communicate, you have to think a lot about how to propose deals or to find advantage where others can't see it.

I know a lot of stuff can be done becoming a Member, queueing tasks and movements.
      Still I think it requires a lot of time.

I mean, sometimes I was spending more time in CoW than in my job :D

So, I am curious,
      how much time do you spend in this game?

Thanks for any reply.
    • Well what I heard is, in the final of the Alliance World Cup (the top tournament of the game), the players spent 96h straight with only small naps in between and otherwise continuously playing... so there's extremes to get to later on!

As for me, it varies wildly. I have only one game running simultaneously (or zero, actually), and the demands of it can vary from maybe an hour a day in the eraly game or in lulls between battles and preparing/repositioning stuff, to extremes of 10-12h a day when a big battle is being fought. On average, maybe like 4h?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • If I’m really focused on a game, and it’s on a weekend, maybe 3-4 hours. Normally, I can only play for an hour, maybe 2 if I’m lucky. I spend too much time on it though. I’m ready to quit for a while3

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Well what I heard is, in the final of the Alliance World Cup (the top tournament of the game), the players spent 96h straight with only small naps in between and otherwise continuously playing... so there's extremes to get to later on!
      Wow. And that’s why I’ll never be in a top alliance .
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins

The post was edited 1 time, last by BrutusTrump ().

• K.Rokossovski wrote:

Well what I heard is, in the final of the Alliance World Cup (the top tournament of the game), the players spent 96h straight with only small naps in between and otherwise continuously playing... so there's extremes to get to later on!

As for me, it varies wildly. I have only one game running simultaneously (or zero, actually), and the demands of it can vary from maybe an hour a day in the eraly game or in lulls between battles and preparing/repositioning stuff, to extremes of 10-12h a day when a big battle is being fought. On average, maybe like 4h?
      The 96 hours straight with only small naps was me when I played a speed round about a month ago. Otherwise, yeah at least 12-16 hours a day. I wouldn't say I'm actively playing that much but I work from home and can just put my personal computer next to my work computer during the day and keep the game open pretty constantly at least monitoring it. I even check in several times in the middle of the night to make sure there are no surprises, start the next research, and monitor movement and mop up operations.
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

Sadly, it's almost impossible for me to log in for more than 2 hours every day :-(.
      Change Sadly with Happily :D

6thDragon wrote:

The 96 hours straight with only small naps was me when I played a speed round about a month ago. Otherwise, yeah at least 12-16 hours a day. I wouldn't say I'm actively playing that much but I work from home and can just put my personal computer next to my work computer during the day and keep the game open pretty constantly at least monitoring it. I even check in several times in the middle of the night to make sure there are no surprises, start the next research, and monitor movement and mop up operations.

I tried to play while working , i've made disasters on both :S

Tablet or PC no difference. Huge amount of time spent on CoW

Hope they can find a way to make it a P2E game :D :D :D then I will stay awake 24/7
    • AMG Morgan wrote:

Honestly I can understand constantly checking the game when your active and working. but losing sleep and risking your own health over a game, that REALLY blurs the line between extremely dedicated and extremely Stupid
      Yeah. I admittedly spend way too much time on this game. But interrupting my sleep schedule is a line I won't cross. The most I'll do is wake up early on a weekend instead of sleeping in.
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE BOATS?
      WHOS GONNA CARRY THE LOGS?
      THEY DON'T KNOW YOU SON!

- David Goggins
    • I'll speculate I'm probably one of the more active players.

Sleep has always been elusive for me. It wasn't that long ago my daughters were waking me up multiple times at night. I also have a service related disability that makes it more difficult to fall asleep, I've lived with it now for almost 20 years. I vary wildly from trying to protect my sleep to being willing to sacrifice a little more. If I'm lying awake in bed, yes, I'll grab my phone and check in on the game. If I'm in the middle of a consequential battle, I'll stay up for a few more hours. It's no big deal to me.

I used to gold rush a research if it was within an hour or so of being finished by the time I went to bed. Now, I just stay up or check in on my phone in the middle of the night. I've decided to take a no first usage approach to gold in games, and that applies to research.

I do get a little sleep deprived by the end of a game. Which is exactly why I delayed "graduating" to the 100 player map for a while, I was intimidated by how long I perceived the games to last. I take a few days or weeks off between games to catch up on sleep or wait for my schedule to accommodate spending so much time on the game before starting the next one. Once I tried the 100 player map, I realized it's not that much longer because of the larger coalition sizes.

Once you've already invested so much time in a game, are you really willing to lose it for a couple hours of sleep?
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Once you've already invested so much time in a game, are you really willing to lose it for a couple hours of sleep?
      That question varies from person to person. but me personally it's like asking game(in which I do not get paid) vs health always health for me

Interesting side note btw: alot of players in this game seem to be former veterans

( that is of course to be expected but i wonder how many they are in terms of percentage?)
      "I don't know jeff!"

Chris kamara

The post was edited 1 time, last by AMG Morgan ().