Introducing new maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Introducing new maps

Bytro has some maps released like Saturday madness but it was removed and some events I've never seen before that looked new. Historical wise, there should be new maps made depending on the various theatres of war besides Europe and Asia.
      There should be a map like for the African front(perhaps a alliance map like Dawn of the Patriots), it would be interesting to see some creativity of map designs or something odd and unexpected(I'm thinking off a standoff where there is a certain amount of days to defend vs Ai((like a base defense mode but maybe able to do counteroffensives but have to hold down that territory (or city) for a certain amount of time before attacking agian))
      It would be interesting to see a Red Dawn version of call of war(1980' film where communist Russia,cuban forces invaded a small town in Colorado in USa, but imagine it like World of conflict on a much larger scale) or something but would like to see some older maps from 1.0 or new maps.
      Namely new maps to keep the game more interesting and more fun(even if it means having players go inactive, news maps could provide more fun, challenges for everyone to enjoy)

Note: it would be interesting to also see maps depending on the year of the war from 1940-1945, and Operation unthinkable the British plan involving allied forces and German divisons invading the Soviet union
    • There were several more maps in the past: a Medditeranean map, a Germany/Britain pvp map, a tournament map, probably more but I forgot. The problem with them was usually that they weren't very popular and had trouble filling up, which led to unbalanced games (for example, early joiners starting days before late ones). There were also server load issues iirc, these maps depended mostly on individual players creating tehm and many were just left after creation which would claim server resources that were never subsequently used. I don't think anyone wants to open up that can of worms again, though I would agree that introducing new maps every once in a while would keep the game fresh. I think I know every inch of the 100p map by now.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Surely make the all countries all in HWW replace the current 30 player HWW, or at the very least keep the current game speed and add some countries onto the roster like Finland, Belgium, Greece, Communist China, Switzerland, and Austria. The most fun I had was taking on the challenge as a tiny country. (I fondly remember being Austria and taking on a Czech, Yugoslavia and a Romania coalition, holding on for days until Germany came to the rescue).

-Side note I think smaller nations should get a smaller initial economy. I found myself on other runs eating up smaller inactive nations and their capital. Immediately receiving enough money to have and sustain a full military sabotage crew (6 for me) in my first day playing.
      Make HWW all in, a staple gamemode :thumbup:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nadda ().

• The problem with 73p HWW is that there are SO many nations that no one really wants to play. Wolves are lurking in the shadows till lambs pick Nicaragua and Danzig, so they can quickly jump on Germany when the new one opens up. Getting maps full will be even slower when it is not at 4x speed (very popular!) and people may have to wait for days for their map to start.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I would prefer smaller isolated theater, with like 10 players. Easier to fill and may be a refreshment, as is considered "small" game. F.e. Spanish civil war with several fractions starting with same size and strength. You can not move north of the border, and there are seal lanes around so navy still has uses for coastal operations. Might be even every capitol is coastal, so yeah.

As for special things, I would very much favor something different . Like AI nation that spawns forces every day. I was thinking of Yugoslavia during WWII, where few fractions were running away from Germans, some were fighting or aligning with Italians, but also fought against each other. Could be even smaller, 5-6 player map. New feature would be that Germans are holding the capitol and several Serbian part provinces and Italians are holding coastal Croatia. Germans and Italians would be AI, who receive reinforcements with increasing strength and upgrade level at day change. So it is poor AI but can become too strong if left unattended. So before fighting each other, it is smarter for player controlled fractions to work together to cut off these reinforcements lines (f.e. if some provinces are not controlled by AI, no reinforcements).

Another is special winning goal. In Spanish civil war, I was thinking of coastal fractions and one big AI controlled chunk in the middle. Doesn't have to be historically correct, right... And one way to win is to leave AI and defeat all other players, OR to push and hold Madrid for 7 days continuously. So other players can't just fight their wars if one gets to Madrid. Which means alliances will be made and broken as game progresses.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

The problem with 73p HWW is that there are SO many nations that no one really wants to play. Wolves are lurking in the shadows till lambs pick Nicaragua and Danzig, so they can quickly jump on Germany when the new one opens up. Getting maps full will be even slower when it is not at 4x speed (very popular!) and people may have to wait for days for their map to start.
      To incentivise players to pick smaller nations, what do we think about providing more-heavily weighted rewards for countries that start smaller, with more limited resources. Countries could be split into 4 tiers. The highest for countries such as Germany, USA, the next for large countries without colonies/footholds elsewhere - China, Brazil, next for countries with the traditional 5 cities - Peru, Xinjiang, and the last for countries with anything less.
      The elephant is the only land mammal that cannot jump.