Progress Toward Achievements

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Progress Toward Achievements

Is there a trick to getting games to count towards progress towards achievements? I played a speed event back in April and my coalition won. I didn't see any progress on my Event Master achievement, it still shows 0/1. I submitted a support ticket and the response I got was something to the effect of: we can't figure it out. I even provided the game number! Because it was a speed event, I gave up a lot of sleep for that game and want it counted. Anyone have any advice?
    • Best advice: don't fuss yourself about it. Achievements are pretty stupid really; there's one about building heavy tanks for example. Now most serious players don't like heavy tanks (even medium ones are edge-case). So I never build them, unless I inherit a half-finished one in a conquered city. So actually after six years and over 250 games played, I got that achievement like a few weeks ago. Could I have gotten it earlier? Obviously; just dedicate a game to it. I just never thought these achievements are really something to strive for. The gold certainly isn't. There's still plenty of them I haven't got yet; I'm only at 110/156. For example, I didn't do "build 250 paratroopers" and "defeat 10 enemy units with nuclear submarines". There's even ones that aren't possible anymore, like "Win 3 rounds of the tournament island map". I don't miss them, and I only looked at them because of your post just now.

Just like ranking (I also don't keep games running just to build a lot of buildings), they really don't mean anything; just forget about them.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Honestly the achievements about games/maps won are the only ones I pay attention to. I'm going to build the units I want to fight with and don't care about the units built achievements. I can't control what units other players build, so I don't worry about the units killed ones either (I killed 4 railroad guns in one game over six months ago and have been one short of that achievement for the majority of my time playing this game), and I don't really understand how kills are assigned to mixed stacks. I had a game a while back attacking heavy tanks with air stacks of 10 interceptors, 10 tac bombers, and 10 attack bombers and was shocked to see the tac bombers getting credit for the kill - so I don't worry about those achievements either since it appears to defy any logic. I thought the logic for the maps won would be as straightforward as it gets, but apparently I don't understand how those are calculated either.

However, I do use the achievements on other player's profiles to help me determine how many of what units to build in the early and mid game. For instance, I'll look at my neighbors to see progress towards kills with tanks to decide how aggressively to build AT/TD or air kills to decide on AA/interceptors. Maybe I should rethink that approach if the progress toward achievements aren't accurate.
    • There, you see? Achievements are a liability, not an asset.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.