Spoils of war AND Scorched earth policy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spoils of war AND Scorched earth policy

SPOILS OF WAR :
      I don't know if anyone's done this suggestion yet, but here it is : war lootings. A new mechanic in the game, which would allow units to regenerate a few HP when conquering provinces. To make this fair and balanced, so that blitzkrieg goblins (count me among them :D ) wouldn't end up having practically immortal armies, this could be a mechanic that only works on cities. It wouldn't change the game very much, but I'd find it to be a nice addition.

SCORCHED EARTH POLICY :
      I actually have another suggestion for a new mechanic : the scorched earth policy. You'd have the ability to loot a province of yours, provoking huge building damage and bringing morale way down, but in the meantime instantly bringing you a great amount of the resources it produces. I find this one to actually bring in more realism and have a much greater and more positive impact on the gameplay than the first one I talked about.

PS : If you do end up including these mechanics to the game, for the love of most of your playerbase, please, do not make it Premium only.
    • About scorched earth - I don't think it makes much sense in WW2. It was the modern scorching, like destroying bridges and any ammo and food that can't be transported. But in CoW this support of units is automatic, otherwise it would be horribly complicated. As for scorching in terms of movement (bridges, railroads etc) well you already have half the speed in enemy provinces. Once you capture it you move normal speed. Perhaps countdown to normal speed after capturing province. And also buildings are damaged when capturing. So it is kinda there, in some way. And it is also opposite of spoils suggestion. I know it happened in war, but in video game where things should be more automatic than directly player controlled, I don't see how to add it.

Seeing your account photo, I understand why you would make those two suggestions :) It was different kind of warfare in middle ages and transport of supplies was much bigger impact then.
      But I don't see them having much sense in modern warfare game, let alone how to add it as something automatic.
    • The main idea of the scorched earth policy would be to gain great amount of resources produced by the province, in case you need said resources fast but cannot afford spending money nor gold on them, or if you want to take what's left before the enemy comes and takes it from you.

As stated previously, the consequences on said province would be devastating, bringing great building damage and pulling morale way down, so it would be mostly used in times of war or very great need.

(It could instantly bring 12 hours worth of resource production for example, but produce way less after earth is scorched since morale would be down and industries would be damaged or destroyed)