Trade Fee for order requests to buy or sell.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trade Fee for order requests to buy or sell.

I had no idea that i was being charged 10% of my funds just to suggest that I wanted to buy or sell something at a specific price. This is not how markets work I lost lots of money until I realized that just placing a bid or ask order in the market costs money.

Real markets have never worked this way; they get commissions on executed orders, not orders that people want to place.

It just seems like a money grab by the game manufacturer to make everything someone does an enticement to buy more gold to win than to play smart and win.
    • I am not sure that you understand what I am saying.

I fully understand that every executed order, the seller pays a 10% commission on an agreed upon price.

But what I am saying is that if want to suggest that I want to by 5000 oil at $5000 at $1 per oil, I actually get charged $5500 just to put it on the market and if I cancel this trade for whatever reason, maybe I am willing pay more for a barrel of oil, I don't get back the $500! That is not right!
    • Real markets also don't work by magically transporting resources into your inventory, I would assume you would need to spend some amount of money to set up trades in real life. And if that trade is cancelled, it's logical you would lose money already invested in your failed sales pitch.
      Make HWW all in, a staple gamemode :thumbup:
    • For commodities trading which is what are referring to, no there is not a markup for you trade...as a matter of fact, most trades on the stock, bond and commodities markets have either $0 trade fee or .001%.

That said, I get your point about the commodities magically appearing after purchase or magically disappearing...so ok...

That said, what does HWW all in mean?
    • Goose 72 wrote:

For commodities trading which is what are referring to, no there is not a markup for you trade...as a matter of fact, most trades on the stock, bond and commodities markets have either $0 trade fee or .001%.
      The stuff doesn't need to be transported when the order isn't executed. The introduction of the trade fee for ENTERING orders (as opposed to EXECUTED orders) has actually killed the resource market; it used to be much more lively before this penalty was introduced.

Goose 72 wrote:

That said, what does HWW all in mean?
      It is an event that sometimes rolls around. On the historic world map, all countries are playable including places like Guatemala or Danzig.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I know they don't have to be transported, I was just playing along with his logic about buying and selling goods...

The penalty for suggesting a trade is ridiculous. I wasn't paying attention in earlier games and lost a bunch of money because I placed and cancelled orders that did not execute.

They should reinstate the no trade fee to place orders; but I understand it is also a rule that has to be considered and I am sure someone could make a logical argument about other aspects of this game.

My all time worst aspect of CoW is the fact that planes parked at airports get their air defense points in case of air strikes...so dumb. Here I was thinking I was attacking 25 jet fighters parked on the ground with my 9 strategic bombers blow up their airfield and they take 75% damage on the first strike from an air patrol...