What I Have Learned after 24 Days of Play

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What I Have Learned after 24 Days of Play

I have been playing CoW exclusively and continuously for the last 24 days. I am an Olde War Gamer of the pencil and paper War Game Simulation days of Texas A&M during the mid-70's.
      These are a few of the strategies and tips I have come up with in that period of time and is not meant to be a complete guide on CoW. Just my own personal learning experiences which i will share with my fellow gamers...*bows*..
      First comes to mind to prioritize your Daily Map Maintanance duties of CoW so that a War Gamer can play more maps and stay active in them as well. I am presently playing 12 maps and it takes me on average 3 hrs a day to do the maps.
      First thing to do when starting a new country is Click on Provinces and scroll down to all the provinces that have finished their build ques and refill them. If you have HC, then you can fill all your ques in the production provinces. Make sure you have enough supplies on hand or buy enough to finish all the ques in place. Just go into the info (i) next to a production unit to find out how much it takes to produce and then maintain. Might want to take a pencil and paper and add em all up.
      Next look at the Newspaper. Nothing relieves stress and fear of your country being invaded as a look at the Newspaper to see what others on your map are doing and thus deduce their short term and long term plans.
      Last thing i do in maintainance is to look at Diplomacy and read and answer any Diplomatic messages sent to my country's Leader.

8) :saint: :beer: :tumbleweed: :beer:
      If it is possible; It is already done. If it's impossible it just takes a while longer. :tumbleweed:
    • I did not want to make my first installment on this thread to be overly long; so i saved these strategic and Tactics tips for here.
      First thing i always do on a new map is to click on my provinces. If i got industrial factories, i immediately put infrastructure there to augment the factories and be able to produce tanks as soon as i can.
      I then scroll down the province list and produce structures where ever i find resources listed in my province list.
      Then i put barracks in all other provinces and increase barracks in capital city to level 2 for production of commandos later in the game. If you run out of funds for either of these activities visit the market place and sell off what you dont need to buy what you are lacking to produce the builds.
      Visit the market place regularly and look for bargains to buy. If a resource is selling for more than you can buy it, then buy it and sell back the quantity that you bought at that lower price at the higher selling price. Instant profit...Hehe.
      It is up to you whether you research militias or not. I have found them useful for the first day or two when using them to over run positions quickly that are AI's next to you before they have that many troops or mechanized troops.
      Research tanks to the medium lvl as soon as you can. You will need one industrial and lvl 2 infrastructure to make them. Other researches are optional, but i usually always include actual Infantry as opposed Militias in my early builds.
      It is always good to make divisions of 4-6 troops in the early part of map. A mix of mech, infantry and artillary or antitank is usually a good idea. Don't need to research anti-air till later when the map day allows planes to be researched.
      Well, that's a quick synopsis of what I have learned in my first 24 days of Game Play here at CoW. I hope it helps some understand the game better and have a better time War Gaming as a result.
      My motto is: "Win or Lose...War Game ...&...Have Fun. 8) :saint: :beer: :thumbsup: :beer:
      If it is possible; It is already done. If it's impossible it just takes a while longer. :tumbleweed: