Aliances on historical maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aliances on historical maps

1939 Historic World War Aliances
      On this map, the most important thing is to choose the largest country possible.
      A small state has no chance of winning because nobody wants it in the alliance.
      Chances appear when other players stop playing.

I propose that alliances be balanced:
      1. An alliance can have a maximum of 15 strength points.
      2. States should be assigned strength points:
      a) majors - 5 strength points, e.g. Germany, USSR, USA, Great Britain, France, Japan
      b) mediums - 4 points of strength, e.g. Brazil, India, Australia, Spain, China, Italy
      c) minors - 3 points of strength, e.g. Peru, Manchuria, Venezuela, the Netherlands, Romania, Sweden, Poland

As a result, there could be up to 5 countries in the alliance, in the case of small countries (3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 15)
      But the alliance of 3 majors could only have 3 countries, eg France, Germany, Great Britain 5 + 5 + 5 = 15
      Of course you could mix majors, mediums and minors e.g. 5 + 4 + 3 = 12 or 5 + 4 + 3 + 3 = 15

Such a system would be fairer for small countries.
    • The British Empire is so OP that they needed to massively nerf it by removing India, Egypt, the Dominions of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and South Africa, and reducing the navy, just to make it a fair fight. I've played as a Britain and ended up reforming the entire British Empire, then winning with Japan. Best country ever to pick, followed by the Netherlands and Japan.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

The British Empire is so OP that they needed to massively nerf it by removing India, Egypt, the Dominions of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and South Africa, and reducing the navy, just to make it a fair fight. I've played as a Britain and ended up reforming the entire British Empire, then winning with Japan. Best country ever to pick, followed by the Netherlands and Japan.
      you are probably writing about another game :)
      On the map 1939 Historic World War all Dominions are free and independent
    • wojtata2 wrote:

Lord Crayfish wrote:

The British Empire is so OP that they needed to massively nerf it by removing India, Egypt, the Dominions of Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and South Africa, and reducing the navy, just to make it a fair fight. I've played as a Britain and ended up reforming the entire British Empire, then winning with Japan. Best country ever to pick, followed by the Netherlands and Japan.
      you are probably writing about another game :) On the map 1939 Historic World War all Dominions are free and independent
      Haha, not after I invaded them all. Rule Britannia
      It was HWW
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • I love this idea, I've always wanted coalitions to be bigger (in terms of players not points) but I wasn't sure how you were to balance this. Furthermore, since you're pressured to ask/join with major powers, I find myself in positions as the soviet union being unable to sacrifice a member spot to let's say Romania when I could just ally with Germany. I think this is a sorely needed change to HWW and future HWW all countries all in (would love to create a coalition with many minor powers estonia, latvia, tannua tuva, lithuiana, communist china ect. Great idea @wojtata2 :thumbsup:
      Make HWW all in, a staple gamemode :thumbup: