Coalitions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So i've had this idea for a while that coalitions could be more fully fleshed out. Currently they just feel a bit bare bones and I think they could have a bigger role in the game. Maybe you could add a graphics mode that shades each coalition and its members their own specific shade. You could also give nations in the same coalition advanced trading abilities (specifically referring to land). Perhaps you could allow nations to select all the provinces they wish to give to their ally (excluding their core provinces they couldnt give that away) on the map in the coalition tab they could cede or accept entire annexed nations. For example, if on a World at War map Britain and a South American country take over America, instead of having a jumbled mess of provinces England could trade for New York, Massachusetts, and other conquered states while the South American nation would trade for California, Arizona, etc.

For the UI I envision a new coalition tab alongside history, info, and edit showing a flushed out mini map of the territory the coalition controls similar to how they do in the newspaper.

Can I get some input on this idea? Is it impractical or could this really be added to the game?
    • I like this idea. It's extremely dissatisfying to have messy borders.

Also, for games where most of the map goes to AI - imagine if AI could form up rival coalitions. This function definitely has its share of downsides (if you're alone, you're screwed), but realistically, in world war it's never just 100 individual nations out for themselves. I also doubt it's realistic to design the AI coalition mechanics for minimal benefit of the game. But, as I've said in other threads, I'm just looking for more depth (anywhere) within the game to keep it engaging.
      The elephant is the only land mammal that cannot jump.
    • DatMannsBrice wrote:

So i've had this idea for a while that coalitions could be more fully fleshed out. Currently they just feel a bit bare bones and I think they could have a bigger role in the game. Maybe you could add a graphics mode that shades each coalition and its members their own specific shade. You could also give nations in the same coalition advanced trading abilities (specifically referring to land). Perhaps you could allow nations to select all the provinces they wish to give to their ally (excluding their core provinces they couldnt give that away) on the map in the coalition tab they could cede or accept entire annexed nations. For example, if on a World at War map Britain and a South American country take over America, instead of having a jumbled mess of provinces England could trade for New York, Massachusetts, and other conquered states while the South American nation would trade for California, Arizona, etc.

For the UI I envision a new coalition tab alongside history, info, and edit showing a flushed out mini map of the territory the coalition controls similar to how they do in the newspaper.

Can I get some input on this idea? Is it impractical or could this really be added to the game?
      Who knows? The devs might consider it, especially if it has something to do with the Beta Client ಠ ಠ
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Ai were never intendent to have a serious impact on the game. Their offensive abilities are a joke. The only time an AI is ever a threat is when you've moved troops away from that boarder. Seriously, I think my KD rate against AI is just short of 70, they are ridiculously predictable.

This game was intended for players to take on each other.
    • That's nice in theory, but in practice, the majority of players abandon maps on day 1, and by day 3 most of the world is AI controlled. If you want to finish a map, you'll be playing against the AI. So it does need to be better, because it is a big part of the game.
    • I would love or this to be a PvP game. But players can join an unlimited number of maps, and abandon as many as they want, as quickly as they want. This results in most countries being abandoned sooner rather than later.

Another fix for this would be to charge some (token) amount of gold to join a map. Not enough to make the game unreachable, but enough to make players think about joining so many maps.

Or continue to encourage abandonment, but make the game AI playable, one or the other... and preferably both :)