How to use my bomber squadron correctly?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If there are approaching enemy troops, you probably don't want air troops in the vicinity if they have a few Anti-Air regiments in the stack. I'm assuming your bombers are tactical bombers mixed with interceptors for defense. If they don't have Anti-Air, I'd recommend repeatedly bombing them, as well as sending other land units. I'm not a veteran of this game, but bombing your own capitol city doesn't seem the greatest for morale, so use land divisions if the enemy is getting too close. Or you could probably move the capitol (if you feel like you can't defend it).
      Navy is best.
    • I appreciate your advice. I didn't know what to do, so when the enemy troops got close to my city I attacked them with my bomber/interceptor squadron. I lost 20 hit points and they lost zero hit points. They had no anti-air units in the stack. I'm not sure what to do now. I put them back on patrol and will hope for the best.
    • Attack bombers do barley anything against infantry. I doubt they lost 0 hp, just a very small amount. If you have no one where to go with your bombers just set them patrol that way they'll stay in the air until they die rather than them getting destroyed on the ground.
      Make HWW all in, a staple gamemode :thumbup:
    • General Hale wrote:

I have my bomber squadron patrolling over my capitol city to protect it. When I see approaching enemy troops is it better to keep my squadron patrolling, or is it more effective to attack that approaching unit?
      I am unclear if you are using tactical bombers or attack bombers.

Either way, if you lost 20 HP in the first strike, I wouldn't attack since it seems the enemy stack has decent anti-air stats. Could you mention exactly how many bombers you have, and how many and what type of units are closing in on your capital?

John C. Aquilino wrote:

but bombing your own capitol city doesn't seem the greatest for morale
      You can't bomb your own territory, don't worry.
      Have an amazing rest of your day. =)

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself." - the Lord Buddha

Need support? --> Send a ticket here!
      :00010166:
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

General Hale wrote:

I have my bomber squadron patrolling over my capitol city to protect it. When I see approaching enemy troops is it better to keep my squadron patrolling, or is it more effective to attack that approaching unit?
      I am unclear if you are using tactical bombers or attack bombers.
      Either way, if you lost 20 HP in the first strike, I wouldn't attack since it seems the enemy stack has decent anti-air stats. Could you mention exactly how many bombers you have, and how many and what type of units are closing in on your capital?

John C. Aquilino wrote:

but bombing your own capitol city doesn't seem the greatest for morale
      You can't bomb your own territory, don't worry.
      I meant like if an opponent has taken the capitol and you bomb the enemy troops there. That would damage the capitol's morale, right? Also, I was wondering if you could move your capitol after it's been taken over by enemy units.
      Navy is best.
    • John C. Aquilino wrote:

I meant like if an opponent has taken the capitol and you bomb the enemy troops there. That would damage the capitol's morale, right? Also, I was wondering if you could move your capitol after it's been taken over by enemy units.
      As far as I am aware your planes cannot damage your own morale. Enemy planes, artillery, or ground troops can, however. And yes, you can switch your capital to a different city, even before it is captured by an enemy. (This is recommended if your capital is about to fall, so you don't get the 20% morale drop).
      Have an amazing rest of your day. =)

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself." - the Lord Buddha

Need support? --> Send a ticket here!
      :00010166: