One does not simply walk into Mordor and build industry

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• One does not simply walk into Mordor and build industry

Heyo few questions about building industry.

Once you got your core province industry up and running (inc local) is it worth building in non core territory, and would you prioritise local or cities? Would you build propaganda offices first if you the captured territory is low in moral and they're arent anymore easy capitals to take?

Now I know you could say it 'depends' but is there a general rule of thumb to follow, if your core is secure but you're fighting a 2 country-distant war?
      Make HWW all in, a staple gamemode :thumbup:
    • Ok so this is the order to prioritise both industry and recruiting stations: For recruiting stations, the order is core cities, core rurals, then nearby non-core cities (especially ones where there is already industry present and are nearby.) Don't bother putting POs in non-cores, just focus on the cores for those. For industry, you can simultaneously upgrade local industry and urban industry in cores. Usually you should finish upgrading local industry first, but it isn't too big of a deal if you finish urban industry first. If you are severely lacking a particular resource, and there aren't any nearby capitals to take, then possibly consider upgrading industry and putting POs in non-core cities. Don't even bother with non-core rurals (unless there is already some damaged industry, then just keep that).
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • Python said it well.

Personally, I prioritize local industry first (just because my core is typically always secure and it's cheaper than city-industry). I'll be quick to toss a PO in a non-core city if I need that specific resource, as I feel that's significantly more bang for my buck than building 5 levels of city-priced industry until I have a booming late-game economy and can afford it.
      The elephant is the only land mammal that cannot jump.
    • I don't build anything outside my core except troop factories.

Inside my core, I build up city industries first (goods-rares slightly ahead), and when resources are lacking in the early game, spend the build time on RC's. I don't do PO's, taking capitals is much cheaper and you only need three to get to cap. Then I do rurals as resources become available. Units are very low on my priority list early game (mainly artillery and AC's), but research slots are always occupied.

By day 4-5-6 my core is "finished" (except the rural RC's which take a few more days), then I usually switch all-out to get my air force off the ground (what pun??)
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Ok so this is the order to prioritise both industry and recruiting stations: For recruiting stations, the order is core cities, core rurals, then nearby non-core cities (especially ones where there is already industry present and are nearby.) Don't bother putting POs in non-cores, just focus on the cores for those. For industry, you can simultaneously upgrade local industry and urban industry in cores. Usually you should finish upgrading local industry first, but it isn't too big of a deal if you finish urban industry first. If you are severely lacking a particular resource, and there aren't any nearby capitals to take, then possibly consider upgrading industry and putting POs in non-core cities. Don't even bother with non-core rurals (unless there is already some damaged industry, then just keep that).
      Another thing that is probably worth noting is the technique of upgrading to lvl.3. First build urban industry to lvl.3 (sometimes lvl.2 in recruiting stations) then build lvl.3 in the rural districts, then nearby lvl.3 in nearby colonies/non-core (if morale in colonies is high enough). Only then upgrade core city industry to lvl.5. The rationale behind this strategy is that there is a comparatively modest difference between nothing, lvl.1, and lvl.2, but a considerable one between lvl.2 and lvl.3. , this strategy makes sense, and is recommended by numerous experienced players. Also goes for some other buildings such as bunkers or fortifications.
      Also bear in mind that lvl.'s 4 and 5 industry can take up to 1 or 2 days at 100% morale, so will need to be balanced with building needs for unit production. Generally, once having built a large empire, I find it advantageous to put high industry in cores, and high unit production in colonies near (but not at) the front line. Bonus points if you can capture enemy buildings intact.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • _Pyth0n_ wrote:

Ok so this is the order to prioritise both industry and recruiting stations: For recruiting stations, the order is core cities, core rurals, then nearby non-core cities (especially ones where there is already industry present and are nearby.) Don't bother putting POs in non-cores, just focus on the cores for those. For industry, you can simultaneously upgrade local industry and urban industry in cores. Usually you should finish upgrading local industry first, but it isn't too big of a deal if you finish urban industry first. If you are severely lacking a particular resource, and there aren't any nearby capitals to take, then possibly consider upgrading industry and putting POs in non-core cities. Don't even bother with non-core rurals (unless there is already some damaged industry, then just keep that).
      Don’t forget when prioritizing rural RC’s build in providences without a resource first.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

ducwigen wrote:

The thing about POs is if you take a Province far from your core & it has say level 4-5 Secret lab or something; building Propaganda offices is good as soon as you take it so as to offset the Morale production penalty.
      This is the only time I’ve build PO’s when I inherit troop production buildings I intend to use.
      It depends. Sometimes morale is in and of itself an issue, and frequently it's easier to fund propaganda offices than enough troops to pacify a region, particularly if low on manpower or during the endgame where the expansion penalty begins to get bad and you may be in a major war with other large countries and all troops are required. They've saved me before.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks