give coastal regions a short line of sight

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• give coastal regions a short line of sight

really straight forward give coastal cities a line of sight, i dont care if its very short, just do it, it makes no sense whatsoever you cant tell you're being naval invaded if you have no troops in range, what, the locals managing light houses, driving by the coast and that are out fishing decide to just.... not report some 17000 enemy troops making a disembarking for 5 hours for naval naval landing?
    • DecendedDemon wrote:

really straight forward give coastal cities a line of sight, i dont care if its very short, just do it, it makes no sense whatsoever you cant tell you're being naval invaded if you have no troops in range, what, the locals managing light houses, driving by the coast and that are out fishing decide to just.... not report some 17000 enemy troops making a disembarking for 5 hours for naval naval landing?
      Agreed. Even if it were 5km I'd still strongly support it. Maybe also a 5km view range for border provinces? (That might be asking too much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • freezy wrote:

It would be nice but with the current engine it is too demanding resource wise to calculate fog of war alongside complex geometry (province shapes), and there are hundreds of provinces. So basically not possible.
      then instead of line of sight just make a naval landing visible when it starts happening, like as soon as the army goes into "disembarking" it becomes visible