Convoy destroyed my Ships

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Convoy destroyed my Ships

<p>I managed to catch oponents convoy (17 units, most of them infantry. Rest are AA and anti-tank) with my destroyers. "piece of cake. They are done" i thought. But then i realised my fleet (3 destroyers) gets lot of damage. After two-three hours the convoy succesfully killed all my destroyers. What the hell? How could units on transport ships easily counter my attack? Also there wasnt any oponents bombers or anything else. Just my ships and his ships. Am i missing something or is this some kind of bug? <br></p>
    • Infantry units on Convoy ships defend the Convey. Tanks, Artillery, Planes, anything else, and you're okay. But Infantry? Be wary. If your target Convoy has Infantry, you need to assess the damage they do to ships before you move in. Afterall, I'm sure Infantry, with standard issue bazooka's and the like, if close enough, can happily fire away at your destroyers, filling them with holes. Small arms fire can also gradually kill off the crew. Have to either bombard them from range, or ensure you have plenty of attacking ships.
    • <p>Oh. Well then, there should be added some info about it otherwise it is total b*****t. How am i supossed to know this if there is no such information about military combat capabilities on water. Also, even if they have some bazookas it seems quite ridiculous. I doubt destroyers would aproach enemy convoy that close so infantry on them could use their weapons. Right?<br></p>
    • You could easily destroy that convoy if your ships had been in range.
      However you ended up in the close up brawl which is the only way a convoy can defend itself.
      Convoy ships all seem to have the same end stats (5HP unknown but low anti-ship capabilities). So the end result is that although you could have wiped them out at range with no casualties, the fact you closed in meant they could bring their numbers (which in turn allows a decent amount of damage soaking) to bear.
      Kalantigos
      Master Chief Petty Officer.
      Game Moderator
      EN Community Support
      Bytro Labs | Call of War
    • <p>U're right. My bad. Anyway, i think there should be some information about infantry capabilities on see otherwise there will be another new-players getting wiped like me. And to be honest, this little issue can end up tragicaly if those 3 destroyers was your whole fleet and your land troops fights enemy abroad. </p>
    • Thats the beauty about this game, the quirks and such. When a game is going south, boom, I archive it and never look back. Start a new one and try again. What I like best about this game is trying different combinations of units, and the roles each one fills for your different geographic issues.
    • Under the Infantry information tab, the one where you find all the unit stats? If you look at it's attack and defence against ships, unlike other land units, it has a value and isn't left blank. That means, since Infantry don't have range weapons to attack sea units from land, that when they're on the sea in a transport, they deal damage :)|

The information is there, if you look deep enough to find it.