Should I betray my coalition and try to go for a solo victory?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should I betray my coalition and try to go for a solo victory?

The game needs 1305 points for a solo victory and 1885 points for a coalition victory. Currently, my coalition a total of 970 victory points. I have 380 victory points and my coalition members individually have 280, 190, and 120 victory points. It's not technically possible for me to get a solo victory, but I think I can get one of their core provinces, if I swoop in when they lose it to another country. Do you guys think it would be realistic to try and go for solo victory? I feel like one of them will go offline, giving me a better margin to try and go for solo victory. Alaska is ridiculously big, but they concentrated 25 divisions in Juneau and I have 3 railroad guns nearby. I have a total of 122 units, which I don't think is enough.

Navy is best.
    • John C. Aquilino wrote:

Navy is best.
      Normally I'd say so, however in America: Home Front, a good 70% or more of victory points are not touching water (including the Great Lakes) and 90% are located on one landmass. Maybe employ a few battleships as monitors, but nothing more unless you plan to fight in the Carribean or something.
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh

The post was edited 2 times, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

John C. Aquilino wrote:

Navy is best.
      Normally I'd say so, however in America: Home Front, a good 70% or more of victory points are not touching water (including the Great Lakes) and 90% are located on one landmass. Maybe employ a few battleships as monitors, but nothing more unless you plan to fight in the Carribean or something.
      i was using subs as monitors. i had like 3 battleships, 3 destroyers, 3 cruisers, and one aircraft carrier, but it got like shot down by artillery when i was offline
      Navy is best.

Lord Crayfish wrote:

John C. Aquilino wrote:

Navy is best.
      i was using subs as monitors. i had like 3 battleships, 3 destroyers, 3 cruisers, and one aircraft carrier, but it got like shot down by artillery when i was offline
      Unfortunately they are useless for bombardment, which on the Great Lakes or for coast defence is what I generally use them for. Each to his own, of course.
    • John C Aquilino has posted; Should I betray my coalition and go for a solo victory?

If it is in the interest to make solo victory, then by any means possible John C Aquilino should do this. That does also mean that partnership is to expire, ultimately.

His game shall be reserved for his alone, and that John C Aquilino needs to make a real strategic timeframe abouts their movements. It is only that John C Aquilino is able to ensure any solo victory, for his alone can only determine the fate of such a campaign.

John C Aquilino; my advice is straight forward, and free.

- Invade Alaska, use Navy and those despiteful railguns.

- If AI counter attacks in northwest, hold Navy to coastline and make a bottleneck to the AI.

- Straight up; take out West Texas. If the other player has suspicions upon yours, they will not expect such movements, here they will be divided and your grounds to operate can mean the long term timeframe strategy towards air-force abilities for those VITAL gulf coastal cities (yeah, this is solo). Also that the partnership expired shall mean this; that you can divide their lands through West Texas, have their strategic condition more defined by AI at their eastern advance, and also be able to smash them with a good stack of light tanks and upgraded bombers.
    • It's pretty low tho, like looking at the floor and then saying to yourself "I can go lower than you" kind of low.

You're essentially going back on your word for a +1 on a counter, a +1 mind you that you still would've gotten anyways, just on a different adjacent counter... in some random scuffed browser game...
    • Z. Sakki wrote:

It's pretty low tho, like looking at the floor and then saying to yourself "I can go lower than you" kind of low.

You're essentially going back on your word for a +1 on a counter, a +1 mind you that you still would've gotten anyways, just on a different adjacent counter... in some random scuffed browser game...
      Precisely.
    • bigboss_ironfist wrote:

John. C Aquilino

The only way to find out if you can make a solo victory possible is to have
      the courage to step up and go for it. Start making Heavy tanks asap.

My answer is Yes... Go Solo.

6thDragon wrote:

You should never betray a partner. If you want a solo win, don’t join a coalition.

I’m with you about inactive partners though. I struggle tolerating them.

bigboss_ironfist wrote:

John C Aquilino has posted; Should I betray my coalition and go for a solo victory?

If it is in the interest to make solo victory, then by any means possible John C Aquilino should do this. That does also mean that partnership is to expire, ultimately.

His game shall be reserved for his alone, and that John C Aquilino needs to make a real strategic timeframe abouts their movements. It is only that John C Aquilino is able to ensure any solo victory, for his alone can only determine the fate of such a campaign.

John C Aquilino; my advice is straight forward, and free.

- Invade Alaska, use Navy and those despiteful railguns.

- If AI counter attacks in northwest, hold Navy to coastline and make a bottleneck to the AI.

- Straight up; take out West Texas. If the other player has suspicions upon yours, they will not expect such movements, here they will be divided and your grounds to operate can mean the long term timeframe strategy towards air-force abilities for those VITAL gulf coastal cities (yeah, this is solo). Also that the partnership expired shall mean this; that you can divide their lands through West Texas, have their strategic condition more defined by AI at their eastern advance, and also be able to smash them with a good stack of light tanks and upgraded bombers.

Lord Crayfish wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

You should never betray a partner. If you want a solo win, don’t join a coalition.

I’m with you about inactive partners though. I struggle tolerating them.
      This is ultimately a game and a frivolity. Deviousness and cunning are as much a part of it as aircraft or victory points.You stick with your mates though.

Z. Sakki wrote:

It's pretty low tho, like looking at the floor and then saying to yourself "I can go lower than you" kind of low.

This is the current situation. I can no longer betray my alliance since the 3 of them combined have double my units and I am fighting wayyy too many AI countries that keep declaring war on me. My popularity is 17% but idk how to raise it, so I'm just fighting the AI countries. At this point I'll take a coalition victory.
      (ive given every country that is not active RoW or shared intel. i think i just forgot to go through the trade embargo process before declaring war on Alaska and WBC)
      Images
      • update_11zon.jpg

100.4 kB, 1,920×861, viewed 60 times
      Navy is best.

This is the current situation. I can no longer betray my alliance since the 3 of them combined have double my units and I am fighting wayyy too many AI countries that keep declaring war on me. My popularity is 17% but idk how to raise it, so I'm just fighting the AI countries. At this point I'll take a coalition victory.(ive given every country that is not active RoW or shared intel. i think i just forgot to go through the trade embargo process before declaring war on Alaska and WBC)

I swear I've seen something very similar to this on Reddit recently (it similarly involved a complaint about Alaska and was played by California). Are you this too?
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

John C. Aquilino wrote:

This is the current situation. I can no longer betray my alliance since the 3 of them combined have double my units and I am fighting wayyy too many AI countries that keep declaring war on me. My popularity is 17% but idk how to raise it, so I'm just fighting the AI countries. At this point I'll take a coalition victory.(ive given every country that is not active RoW or shared intel. i think i just forgot to go through the trade embargo process before declaring war on Alaska and WBC)
      I swear I've seen something very similar to this on Reddit recently (it similarly involved a complaint about Alaska and was played by California). Are you this too?
      nah. i dont use reddit for call of war
      Navy is best.