Why can't we build a less upgraded units' version ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why can't we build a less upgraded units' version ?

My assumption is: if I can build a Level 4 of any units , why I can't choose to step back and build a Lev 3 or even a Lev 2?

I mean, if I have Researched the technology to build a Lev 4, I still own tools and technologies to build a Lev 3 or a Lev 2

In some scenario I can still produce units not so strong as the upgraded version but more useful to fight invasion or a quick invasion.

Let me know your opinion about that.

Warning : I a m a n o o b ! ^^ :D
    • z00mz00m wrote:

This is why I always leave militia, AT guns, and armored cars at level 1, so I can build something quickly in an emergency or in newly conquered cities.
      That I do also. Not armoured cars though. Militia and anti-tank, yes.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Because as you research higher levels you adapt your production lines to produce those units.
      That answer was based on real life logic. Same reason why let's say BMW no longer can make BMW e30 as it doesn't have required production lines as all have been upgraded for production of new models.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Outlaw828 wrote:

the factories and tooling are set up for latest version, completely unrealistic to revert back to old technology in the middle of war.
      At first this logic resonate.

But if so, Factories have to follow the same logic:

if I already have built a Lev 5 Tank Plant somewhere, the next time I'll build a Tank Plant in another city I will build from a Lev 5, not a Lev 1 as I already have the know how to build a Lev 5

From my logic, it's not smart , realistically speaking , to build a Lev 5 Tank in a Lev 1 Tank Plant, and it is not realistic to build a factory from an outdated project and then repeat the same steps to level up.
    • Mark Dethief wrote:

if I already have built a Lev 5 Tank Plant somewhere, the next time I'll build a Tank Plant in another city I will build from a Lev 5, not a Lev 1 as I already have the know how to build a Lev 5

From my logic, it's not smart , realistically speaking , to build a Lev 5 Tank in a Lev 1 Tank Plant, and it is not realistic to build a factory from an outdated project and then repeat the same steps to level up.
      You don't build outdated factory, pleas do the thinking before writing.
      You just have less developed factory, a factory that have less production lines, smaller capacity.And you gradually expanding it. You can directly build up to level 5 if you wish, set up building queue up front and there you go.
      Imagine it like this. On level 1 you have one wearhouse with one line of workers, level two you expand that wearhouse, level three you build another one besides it and soo on and soo on.
      It is not a matter of technological advice, unlike production of units.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

You don't build outdated factory, pleas do the thinking before writing.You just have less developed factory, a factory that have less production lines, smaller capacity.And you gradually expanding it. You can directly build up to level 5 if you wish, set up building queue up front and there you go.
      Imagine it like this. On level 1 you have one wearhouse with one line of workers, level two you expand that wearhouse, level three you build another one besides it and soo on and soo on.
      It is not a matter of technological advice, unlike production of units.
      Yea, you right, there's no research for planst. Only upgrade.